Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

ultimate sin or good idea

well seeing that my DVD player died, only a month after buying it. i got a Xbox. well i must sys it is an ok system and i already have a dream cast, brother has a gamecube. being that i am not a microsoft fan i was not sure what to expect. however i think it is a good system for the price and even if the system fails like dreamcast did i still have a good DVD player.

anyway can anyone recomend any good games, i found one i like. it is a game from japan and sega that reminds me alot of metriod.

i also picked up max payne too

Well, I hate the X-BOX, personally.

But apparentely a good game is Halo.

The reason why I hate it is because I think it's pretty stupid, and about 66% of the games I can get on other systems (I have a GCN, and a DC and am getting a PS2) and the other 33% are pretty boring.

So yeah.

Rent games out before you buy them if you can.

i would not waste 200 on a PS2, i almost got one till i found out they were complete junk.
its hardware is a joke compared to other systems. i would recomend the gamecube or the xbox. it pisses me off that sega games are no longer made cause it is one fine ass system, better than the PS2.

however the only greatest gameing system out there is and will always be the computer

I don't like renting before buying. It takes the excitement out of buying a game, and sort of spoils it. Read reviews instead.

every one i know that bought a PS2 said it was not that great, maybe that is cause with in a few months of owning it, it died. also DVD's look like dog shit when played on a good tv.

however one system i want more gfames for is also the GBA, however i cant seem to find it. i think my brother has it( or stole it) if so i claim his game cube and his soul.

AndrewB said:

I don't like renting before buying. It takes the excitement out of buying a game, and sort of spoils it. Read reviews instead.

A review might call something a good game, and then you buy it and call it a piece of shit not fit to come out of your ass.
Personally, there are a few series in which a game will come out and I'll buy it without a question. Eg Zelda (EXEPT THE GAMECUBE VERSION), Castlevania, and sometimes, Doom. Though in Doom's case, I collect the ports for every system I have, and so far have enjoyed all of them.

Lost Soul said:

Eg Zelda (EXEPT THE GAMECUBE VERSION)

Ahh, another loser who considers graphics to be the only thing that matters in a game.

Sephiroth said:

i found out they were complete junk. its hardware is a joke compared to other systems.

A Joke? Sure, the processor and graphics are 'behind' compared to GCN or XBOX, but it has the largest games library. The games are just as good, if not better than games on GCN or XBOX. Take for example, Agent Under Fire. The graphics are crystal clear and sharp for PS2, but for GCN, it looks like someone smeared vaseline over your TV.

Bleh. That's my opinion.

AndrewB said:

Well, I did this once. And the game turned out to be shit (Crusin' USA)...never did that again.

And lots of reviewers do not share my POV with respect to games. So I don't trust a review to buy a game. Well, I read 'em, maybe look into the game if they praise it and give it a high score, but I always rent before buying.