Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mito551

Doom II OST Faithful Remix

I'm back with the brand new OST remix for all of you to enjoy and use when you want to kill some demons!

I know you were all looking forward to it, as was I. Today I finally release the second part of my Doom OSTs Remake projects, just a couple of weeks ahead of release of the new Doom, just as planned.

Download link:
http://adf.ly/1ZlirL

if it doesn't work, here's another link:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=42ADD642474F91EF!15248&authkey=!AAYxZlSn9BenyHI&ithint=file%2cwad

also, the whole thing on youtube:
https://youtu.be/LrSzC6GAdps

and one of my favorite tracks from it:
https://soundcloud.com/mitori/into-sandys-city

I like the sound of this, downloading now. More often than not, I use the stock Doom 2 music while I play, there's just something about it that makes maps that more interesting, especially if the music fits the vibe of the map.

well, i can't fight over the terms here, but it isn't just a fancy soundfont, it has taken me quite a bit of work to get to this kind of quality, with choosing the right synths, soundbanks, effects, etc.

i already heard that argument before and well, i can't really say anything. regardless, i put my work into it and it is harder than just picking a soundfont. anyway. if you don't like it, just say that and provide some constructive critisism, if you like it, i'm happy.

I like it, but it doesn't sound like a remix, which makes it hard for me to appreciate it as something on it's own.

joe-ilya said:

I like it, but it doesn't sound like a remix, which makes it hard for me to appreciate it as something on it's own.

alright, fair enough i guess. if you just play with it, it's already fantastic :D

KevinHEZ said:

You used the Sytrus 'Harpsichord' preset on Into Sandy's City. Same mistake as I.

it was the first i did years before even considering doing the whole project. i didn't find anything better sounding, not then, not now. so i think it's debatable if it is a mistake, though.
i like how i did it, but i noted your opinion for the future, thank you.

Here are some tips, use them if you want.

1 - Try to avoid using 'fake' guitars. (I know that it can be expensive to buy a guitar and a good audio interface, but that goes a long way in the future)

2 - Invest most of your time practicing mixing.

3 - Keep doing these, repeat the same thing over and over again. Be critical of your own work. Find new songs to 'remix' or 'remake', or compose your own. You'll gradually see an improvement.

Du Mhan Yhu said:

I like the sound of this, downloading now. More often than not, I use the stock Doom 2 music while I play, there's just something about it that makes maps that more interesting, especially if the music fits the vibe of the map.

thank you!

joe-ilya said:

https://soundcloud.com/mitori/legion-of-the-lost
i made this, so maybe this could be something you could appreciate more? it's also quite 'vanilla', but not as much as these ones

KevinHEZ said:

Here are some tips, use them if you want.

1 - Try to avoid using 'fake' guitars. (I know that it can be expensive to buy a guitar and a good audio interface, but that goes a long way in the future)

2 - Invest most of your time practicing mixing.

3 - Keep doing these, repeat the same thing over and over again. Be critical of your own work. Find new songs to 'remix' or 'remake', or compose your own. You'll gradually see an improvement.

1. by fake do you mean synths+samplebanks or only synths?

2. well, five years of doing it mate.

3. i am composing and remixing stuff and at this point (as i see it) i need someone to guide me, which is something i'm working on right now.

regardless this project has really taught me a lot.
thanks for the tips!

mito551 said:

2. well, five years of doing it mate.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything else, but it doesn't sound like it. I'm sorry.

This is very amateur.

1) The "sound mastering" (the volume level of the instruments in each track) is almost always wrong
2) On MAP07 it quits abruptly, and MAP08 begins with its interlude completely missing
3) I can't even take MAP20 seriously
4) You presented this as "a faithful remix" but I feel mislead and lied to

You have selected some good instruments and I very much enjoyed, appreciated and respected MAP01, MAP03, MAP04 and MAP18 (but the bass is too low), but after MAP20 I lost all respect and interest.