Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kaadmy

SLADE Help

I'm using SLADE to make an instagib mod for Zandronum, and while making a map for it(after quite a bit of copy-pasting), I ended up with this:

I have no idea how to fix it, but I think the problem is incorrect sector-linedef links.

Any idea how to fix this? (Again, I'm using SLADE, not GZDB!)

I do not believe that Slade3 has an equivalent to GZDB's Make Sectors Mode.

So, you may have to retrace each sector to correct that,
unless you want to check and edit the sector assignment of each linedef/sidedef.

Kappes Buur said:

I do not believe that Slade3 has an equivalent to GZDB's Make Sectors Mode.

It's just the normal sector mode, put cursor inside the area and press "insert".

The simplest solution that I can think of right now is to just rebuild the broken area, it was the first area I made anyway, and has some problems.

Ugh, I remade the whole area, playtested it and it worked, closed SLADE and reopened the wad and the map's broken again.

Edit: nevermind, I'm just rebuilding the entire map, it's not worth my time(2 days so far) to fix it when I can remake it faster.

In case Slade's editor is giving you trouble, maybe try Doombuilder (2 or GZ, your choice). If the problem persists, it's your map.

If you still have the messed up copy of the map, could you upload it somewhere so I can look at it?

You can also try the map checks (Ctrl+4) and tick 'Check sector references'.

@sirjuddington: I've already fixed all the problems that show via the error console(enabled all the checking options, too), and finally got it to work in the editor... but now it's broken in-game.

Edit: how do you post attachments?

You can't post attachments outside of Doom Speed Demos subforum. Upload your file(s) to some file hosting site and post a link.