Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mordecai32

Early Access SnapMap Gameplay

You know what this means don't you? On Thursday, they'll be a bunch of YouTubers playing that SP mission. Seeing that some these guys, did a better job explaining SnapMap than Bethesda did in their live event, this is gonna be awesome!

Yes, that would also mean everyone here in doomworld is gonna nitpick the minor issues until they tell themselves that the game will flop. Oh...lets not forget the idstudio masterrace coming to get snapmap peasants with thier simplified unimaginative mapmaker. Other than that, i think it will be great :)

Woah, this stuff is cool.
Some of these are pretty informative/interesting.
Still kinda frustrates me that the actual community isn't getting any sort of demo like this, but I guess it's part of the marketing/hype building.

wheresthebeef said:

So noone played E1M2? What, did Bethesda not allow capture of it or something?

i think that might be the case...

I really like the tower defense map. With no campaign coop, I think the majority of my creations/downloads will be variances of this type of survival mode, looks real fun

I wouldn't be surprised they made the whole first episode of Doom 1. Reason being is, they probably used that for a base on designing snap pieces. And that would be why they aren't showing it off, they want to surprise us.

He kills a fat monster and the dead body immediately disappears, robbing him of all satisfaction? Is that how modern games work?

Disappearing bodies is not a big deal. gba doom removed the bodies for framerate reasons and I had no problem with it. It doesn't remove what makes Doom, Doom. Heck the arch vile was still able to revive the demons, because the tags for the bodies were still there.

Big deal is there is no CyberDemon in snapmap! Realy that's have to change (maybe in full version of game will come back).

Silverforte said:

Is there really no cyberdemon in snapmap? Was that confirmed somewhere?

No, nothing has been confirmed.

TheMightyHeracross said:

I saw it. That's not too bad from what I saw.

Couldn't find it. I sound like a fucking noob but can you guys point it out?

On that video link, wait a second, then frim the time he gets the green armor to the time he's firing the chaingun at the acid room, that's E1M2. Goes from armor, to red door, to between acid pool and secret door.

TheWizard said:

No, nothing has been confirmed.

Leaks over on reddit have confirmed it, along with lots of story and beastiary spoilers.

Gothic Box said:

Leaks over on reddit have confirmed it, along with lots of story and beastiary spoilers.

If so that's really lame. I can imagine that making the cyberdemon work in snapmap will be among the first things fans will demand after the game releases.

TheMightyHeracross said:

On that video link, wait a second, then frim the time he gets the green armor to the time he's firing the chaingun at the acid room, that's E1M2. Goes from armor, to red door, to between acid pool and secret door.

Yeah, it kinda resembles E1M2.

AnonimVio said:

Bits of E1M2 HERE.

That's about what I expected. When working with prefab rooms, it's virtually impossible to recreate the abstract levels found in the original DOOM. I definitely see E1M2's elements--the green armor, the red key door, the acid room to the right after the red key door, the staircase ahead of the red key door--but they aren't placed/designed exactly like they were in the original E1M2, because it just isn't possible with SnapMap's severe architectural limitations. This is exactly why mod tools are a must.

chubz said:

That's about what I expected. When working with prefab rooms, it's virtually impossible to recreate the abstract levels found in the original DOOM. I see E1M2's elements--the green armor, the red key door, the acid room to the right after the red key door, the staircase ahead of the red key door--but they aren't placed/designed exactly like they were in the original E1M2, because it just isn't possible with SnapMap's severe architectural limitations.

Pfft. If I can't create maps from the original Doom EXACTLY like the ones I've played 100000000000000000000000000 times already then I'm not buying this piece of shit game.

Gothic Box said:

Which post especially?

The leak mentioned the exact strings we see at the ending of one of the SnapMaps shown, namely monsters killed. And these are the exact string that were leaked, and in these, there is the string for Cyberdemons killed! I don't want to say that proofs it, as we can't know yet, but until now, the number of things that leaked and are now confirmed is huge, and there is basically nothing which was definitely "wrong" in the leaks, besides the Harvester demon, which id/Certain Affinity seemed to remove from multiplayer (or make it the DLC demon).

There is another boss that is not in the strings for the SnapMap kill stats, which obviously (if you read it's different states) needs a special room/lair to work, and which I assume won't be available in SnapMap.