Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnonimVio

DOOM - Exclusive SnapMap and Singleplayer Streams

DooM_RO said:

I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!

Yeah, me too!! I really can´t wait to play this, and good part is it will be released when I´m on vacations!!

tuo said:

I just watched the first part again, and if the whole arenas are truly based around the gore nests, then what irked me might not be such a big thing (to me).

To me it looked like he HAD to fight wave after wave of enemies, but if I understand it correctly, he only did this for the stream, and he could have shortened this by focusing on the gore nests. That sounds a lot better to me.

This is correct, gameinformer reported that you need to destroy the nests to stop the demons coming through as it acts like a portal. I guess they played along with it for the stream.

Possessed Worker
Possessed Scientist
Possessed Engineer
Possessed Soldier
Possessed Security
Gore's Nest
Imp
Sentinel Imp
Horde Imp
Pinky
Spectre
Hell Knight
Unwilling
Baron
Revenant
Lost Soul
Cacodemon
Mancubus
Cyber Mancubus
Cyberdemon
Baalgar
Arch Vile
Hell Razer
Prowler

That's 24 but I am really stretching it out. Prowler is multiplayer only AND they might group up the imps and possessed as one type of monster.

Couldn't watch it the time it showed, but will watch the vid later today. Can anyone give me an idea on how the levels felt? That was the thing I was wondering about the most, did it seem like they went with a mix of in level items and the piñata drops?

loved the campaign stream, it's gonna be a long two weeks of waiting :)

level design looks great, soundtrack is epic and I think the upgrade elements will add a little bit of extra depth and replayability...

Zemini said:

Possessed Worker
Possessed Scientist
Possessed Engineer
Possessed Soldier
Possessed Security
Gore's Nest
Imp
Sentinel Imp
Horde Imp
Pinky
Spectre
Hell Knight
Unwilling
Baron
Revenant
Lost Soul
Cacodemon
Mancubus
Cyber Mancubus
Cyberdemon
Baalgar
Arch Vile
Hell Razer
Prowler

That's 24 but I am really stretching it out. Prowler is multiplayer only AND they might group up the imps and possessed as one type of monster.

Maybe they have 36 species of monsters with MORE than one variant of monster?

See (Diablo) for an example of this in effect. :)

Zemini said:

Possessed Worker
Possessed Scientist
Possessed Engineer
Possessed Soldier
Possessed Security
Gore's Nest
Imp
Sentinel Imp
Horde Imp
Pinky
Spectre
Hell Knight
Unwilling
Baron
Revenant
Lost Soul
Cacodemon
Mancubus
Cyber Mancubus
Cyberdemon
Baalgar
Arch Vile
Hell Razer
Prowler

seeing how the two imp variants, the mancubus and cyberdemon variant (probably) take up actual codex space I'd be willing to bet most enemies listed here would be the hell/elite variants of other existing enemies.

Reinchard said:

Anyone else niticed THIS?
http://i.imgur.com/e6wSccI.png

damn.

time?

Reinchard said:

"...please submit suggestion form WAD-E1M4 to your Command Controller"
Hmm I want more that kind of stuff...

I missed that, fun detail

LittleBurger said:

Couldn't watch it the time it showed, but will watch the vid later today. Can anyone give me an idea on how the levels felt? That was the thing I was wondering about the most, did it seem like they went with a mix of in level items and the piñata drops?

GREAT FIND! I didn't see it!

Graphic_Delusions said:

So who can name all 36 Monsters in the game? ;)

The Snapmap preview stream, shown on Monday, only had 16 Monsters to choose from.

http://i.imgur.com/XRjFcNg.jpg

25 different environments!!! FUCK YEAH, this basically confirms there will be more than 6 levels! (I hope) Anyways I just watched the stream and I loved everything about it, it completely lived up to my expectations, except for Olivia, I thought she'd be younger :/

BluePineapple72 said:

25 different environments!!! FUCK YEAH, this basically confirms there will be more than 6 levels! (I hope) Anyways I just watched the stream and I loved everything about it, it completely lived up to my expectations, except for Olivia, I thought she'd be younger :/

Yeah, I thought the same about Olivia. Samuel, though, really strikes me as a very menacing villain, if he is a villain and not a badass ally.

Samuel is pretty cool

I loved all of the progression stuff too, it gave me VERY fond memories of my favorite game series (the arkham series), with those games I would play the shit out of them doing every challenge and getting every collectible to achieve a true 100%

DooM_RO said:

GREAT FIND! I didn't see it!

I meant the last part as a question on whether or not they did do a mix of the two, or went more the pinata drop route.

BluePineapple72 said:

Samuel is pretty cool

I loved all of the progression stuff too, it gave me VERY fond memories of my favorite game series (the arkham series), with those games I would play the shit out of them doing every challenge and getting every collectible to achieve a true 100%

The map design actually gave me that feeling too, coupled with good ol´ Metroid (especially the prime series), it´s going to be so fun trying to find every way and every secret on the game. Glad to see the developers are doing more than just keeping it completely classic.

+ Combat Rating and Tutorials

Just turn of the compass, objective markers and notifications, and enjoy the exploration.

Watching it now, I see that the amount of health gained back from pinata drops seemed to have be decreased a decent amount, though I wish the armor actually acted like armor.

Also noticed the shotgun still has quite a low ammo count, I guess they will be mixing more with the pinata drop.

cool that stream happening now shows the outdoor base and berserk. more sweetness.
the game keeps putting all the pieces together. LOVE it.

I'm still watching the earlier one, it seems like the chainsaw is going to be the go to way for way more pinata drops (as not that many seem to be dropping from glory kills). I may have missed it, but did they ever switch weapons by not using the weapon wheel?

No, they always used the wheel. I assume there's going to be a different way on PC, however. Not sure how a weapon wheel of that type would work with a keyboard and mouse without being clunky.

TheMightyHeracross said:

No, they always used the wheel. I assume there's going to be a different way on PC, however. Not sure how a weapon wheel of that type would work with a keyboard and mouse without being clunky.

I don't really think it would. Maybe it is only usable if you have a controller connected/being used to play the game.