Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

SLIGE

Has anyone been in contact with Dave Chess, the author of SLIGE? It's been over a a year since the last release was out. I really like the program tho :(

It is open-source, you know... It shouldn't be too tough to
hack in some new features yourself.

I can't code! But if I can find a programmer buddy with interest in Doom...perhaps

Read the docs, you can specify outdoor areas in the command line switches. They are called sun rooms.

Slige was great. Probably my only contribution to the Doom community was my occasional e-mails to Dave about stuff I liked/wanted in the program. The cool thing is that he always responded.

He hasn't responded to either of his email the 2 times I recently emailed :(

Maybe we can make a team and finish off what Dave was working on?

Just email me if you are interested..

SLIGE is a great util but it may be time for something to supercede it; don't look at me though.

Mr. Chris said:

He hasn't responded to either of his email the 2 times I recently emailed :(

Maybe we can make a team and finish off what Dave was working on?

Just email me if you are interested..

I wrote him once (about Slige´s good compatibility with pc-emulations on the Mac) and it took him some months to respond. He is a busy man, so be patient, or just write him once again, to show him how interested you are in his work.

pritch said:

SLIGE is a great util but it may be time for something to supercede it; don't look at me though.

what major differences do you think something that would supercede it would have?

Non-rectangular rooms.

Non-linearity.

Some arena fights that people would care about, perhaps featuring several different monsters.

Support for up to 50 different texture themes. (SLIGE begins to have problems when you use more than five different themes).

A frontend to edit the config rather than editing it in notepad.

A city-style level flavour where you have a great outside area with several buildings.

Little Faith said:

Non-rectangular rooms.

Non-linearity.

Some arena fights that people would care about, perhaps featuring several different monsters.

Support for up to 50 different texture themes. (SLIGE begins to have problems when you use more than five different themes).

A city-style level flavour where you have a great outside area with several buildings.

notepad too hard for you?

Little Faith said:

Non-rectangular rooms.

Non-linearity.

There IS non-linearity in some rooms, look at the automap carefully

slige was going great, thought it did need more features and a way of building more complex maps. if i knew how to code i too would work on it. i hope either he starts on it agin, or a new project starts where he stoped

Little Faith said:

Hm, I am not sure, but has not our frontend blacksmith King Elvis wrote a frontend for slige? Has anyone the link to his site handy? The one I have gives me a 404...

Anyone tried "Randrott" for Rise of the Triad? Cool levels you can make with it. So, even when you already got Rott from "somewhere", shop for the CD, it has Randrott :)

Randrott isn't toally random. You could only create a certain number of maps with it :P

i'll check how many.....

Another strange thing that came with ROTT was an infinite random level generator (RANDROTT). That's right… computer made levels. Actually, there wasn't an infinite amount…there was "only" 2,147,483,648 (2 billion, 146 million, 483 thousand, 648) random level sequences.

Source

esayeek said:

notepad too hard for you?

No, but takes ages going through the config sorting out stupid keyboard errors after you have done seven new themes using only custom textures.

Yes...it would be great if someone were to make an updated version of SLIGE or another program much like it with newer features. I'd love to help, bu I can't code shit. :( I'd be happy to playtest, though.