Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ironhound

Stream Gameplay (Gamespot)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i92rgRDT0lI

So in case you missed the stream, OR wanted to see it without all of their talking and other gibberish, here is some uninterrupted gameplay from the stream. Gamespot posted it during their play session, and the presenter dies halfway through, and then plays for real after that. I'd skip the first part if you want to see the game with someone who is actually focused on playing and not answering questions.

Also, it appears he is playing on Hurt Me Plenty.

DooM_RO said:

I really liked the Yellow Keycard secret!

you're not allowed to like anything about this game anymore. Its call of duty and its shit, bethesda, who btw murdered the fallout series (fallout 4 was basically a Modern Military Shooter), have murdered doom as well now. You are not allowed to like this game, otherwise you're a dumb entitled millenial who doesn't know anything.

DOOM IS GONNA BOMB DOOM IS GONNA BOMB

CreamCheese said:

you're not allowed to like anything about this game anymore. Its call of duty and its shit, bethesda, who btw murdered the fallout series (fallout 4 was basically a Modern Military Shooter), have murdered doom as well now. You are not allowed to like this game, otherwise you're a dumb entitled millenial who doesn't know anything.

DOOM IS GONNA BOMB DOOM IS GONNA BOMB

You're not our boss, you may not Disallow us from liking things .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

You're not our boss, you may not Disallow us from liking things .

If you like the New Doom you are another millenial hillary supporter, and probably a cuck.

I Like the Weapons upgrades idea .

CreamCheese said:

If you like the New Doom you are another millenial hillary supporter, and probably a cuck.

You want the New Doom to be as Classic as Doom 1/2 but you can't do shit about it .

LANEGRACABRA said:

Not really liking that music. Also, the fucking pinky sounds like a little dog snarling and the cacodemon like a puppy when hurt.

The pinky sounded fine and the cacodemon always sounded like that only modified a bit. In fact..the original cacodemon sounded like a squeaky toy when it gets hurt...

Edit: lol sorry I was thinking about the D3 cacodemon, I use its soundfiles during all of my playthroughs with doom 2 mods. But other than thatt, i think their sounds are great.

This looks so slow and floaty. That part when he walks around the mancubus in melee range for a good 10 seconds, neither of them doing significant damage to each other... Plain embarrassing to watch. Weapon animations have no punch... Everything down to the music lacks energy.

I dont want to defend the new doom against every critic. But reading all the complains gives me the impression that being a game developer these days must be a damn ungrateful job. It seems that they used some of the critics from the community and i guess they really tried to get a bridge between the "hardcore" doom fans and the modern game standards. It would be unrealistic to belive that a company with so much employees and such a long development time will release a game that can please only the real old school fans (even if i wish they would).

Dont get me wrong, i really hate modern game styles with their "collect or push what is higlighted and then fallow the marker until you get the next task" mechanics. I am sure i would find stuff like this even in the new doom. But until i played it for myself i hope that they made, at least, a good compromise. So far i am very confident.

The way the Imp, Hell Knight and Baron navigate across ledges and through the map is pretty mind blowing.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

In here it looks faster, i wonder why .

You can upgrade your speed and maneuverability using demonic runes as well as technological additions to the Praetor suit. Stratton said on Twitch that you can get moving fast enough to the point where you need to have the skill to handle it. Also, the guys playing this for videos are still deliberately slowing down to look at details, find secrets, and look at stuff in the HUD every 5 seconds because, well, they would like to show off the game mechanics a bit and not just put up a blur.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

In here it looks faster, i wonder why .

What's also interesting is reading the disparity in the comment threads of the two videos. In the OP video, the comments are highly negative, in the video you link, it's pretty overwhelmingly positive.

Everything's getting better, its apparent the developers put a ton of work into this.. They were keeping the campaign a secret for good reason.. a very good sign no doubt. There's still over 13+ hours of solid gameplay ahead. I personally look forward to seeing the rest like 90% of us.
I'm impressed with everything thus far.

Caffeine Freak said:

What's also interesting is reading the disparity in the comment threads of the two videos. In the OP video, the comments are highly negative, in the video you link, it's pretty overwhelmingly positive.

What are you on about? Only thing I see reading the comments in the video he posted is the same amount of people shitting the bed as ever.

Flesh420 said:

The way the Imp, Hell Knight and Baron navigate across ledges and through the map is pretty mind blowing.

Yup! The AI is great and animations are fluid. .overall looks really polished!

granted its a dark video and im watching it on the phone, but i dont see any texture pop in, which is good.

rampancy said:

granted its a dark video and im watching it on the phone, but i dont see any texture pop in, which is good.

There is some pop-in, but it's almost impossible to notice on Gamespot's shitty encoding. The only noticeable parts are in another video where the Doom Slayer forces open security doors by ripping off their yellow latches