Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Milten

Doom Music Remixes

Hello.

I love playing music and also making music is a hobby of mine, however I didn't actually make any of my creations public yet.
I really like old game music and I want to remake them in a higher quality and/or make them modern (again).

After a lot of encouragement from friends I took the oppurtinity and uploaded my first Remix:
Map 31 of Doom TNT, also known as "D_EVIL" or "Legion of the Lost"

This songs guitar additions are based on ideas by Jack Elia, a friend of mine.

You can listen to (and download) the song here:
Doom TNT Remixes on Soundcloud (1 Remix)

I plan on making more songs than just this one, also maybe Heretic or Hexen.
Currently I am working on "D_Between" from TNT and "E1M8" from Doom.

Greetings,
Jan

I like it. My "biggest" criticism is that I think the stereo image of the piano makes it sound kind of distant in comparison to the other instruments. Also a bit surprised that you put the drums in a 6/8 time when the song has always sounded like it was 3/4 to me. Anyhow that is all very minor, it was a nice rendition of that song all in all.

I'd be interested to hear what you will do with other songs, especially Heretic/Hexen stuff. The fact that your first upload is this and not one of the guitar-heavy songs is also quite interesting and adds to my curiosity about what other tracks you will approach and how.

plums said:

I like it. My "biggest" criticism is that I think the stereo image of the piano makes it sound kind of distant in comparison to the other instruments. Also a bit surprised that you put the drums in a 6/8 time when the song has always sounded like it was 3/4 to me. Anyhow that is all very minor, it was a nice rendition of that song all in all.

I'd be interested to hear what you will do with other songs, especially Heretic/Hexen stuff. The fact that your first upload is this and not one of the guitar-heavy songs is also quite interesting and adds to my curiosity about what other tracks you will approach and how.

Yes, the song seems to have a discrepancy there, but the piano still follows a 6/8 and it simply sounded odd to me to put in a 3/4 percussion pattern. I did try some 3/4 beats from the presets to get ideas, however, there was nothing that sounded fitting to me. So in the end I put in what you can hear, without any presets and it just sounded "right" or "fitting" to me.
In reality I only play Piano with music sheets, so improvising and adding percussion and the guitar even with the help of Jack was quite a challenge for me since it was my first time.
About the Piano: I hear you and keep it in mind for my next songs.

I guess making songs for Hexen will be the hardest among them all, simply because the doom music are more "plain" in a way. For some songs it is easier to add new content or to remix it. The Hexen music however seems more "complex" and "complete" as it is.
Either that or because Doom is simply more popular might be the reason why Doom has so many remixes, but Hexen/Heretic only a few.

gemini09 said:

Very, very nice! Your friend Jack was no fool -- the guitar was an excellent touch.

He'll like to hear that :), but yes, as I told him, the guitar gives the song the "certain something" aka makes it more special.

Those are awesome! Where can I get them? I want to add them to my (days-long) playlist.

Paste here video youtube address and klick download: http://www.vidtomp3.com/

After conventerd get "Click here to get your Download Link" and download mp3. Is good quality.

If will be some troubles, i try upload this music somewhere.

Thanks for that vidtomp3 link. It would be better, though, if you upload the music somewhere, so it doesn't lose anything in translation between formats, and so not just me but others, too, can enjoy your remixes. Maybe OverClocked Remix would be a good fit for you.

We will see ;)

At the moment i can give files to download in SoundCloud (view track --> under track click more --> download). I rendered my project again with better quality, without "Death's Bell" file, because i losed my Fruity Loops project when bought new PC.