Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

Who's buying this for $60?

So let's do a poll here, shall we? In the spirit of initial release, who's dashing to the store and buying this for $60?

Yes or no?

I probably will. While beta mp seemed average due to various parts of it, the stream of the sp showed that portion of the game in a much better light.

A fairly large chunk of people here have preordered. I know lots of people shelled out for the collectors edition, too.

I got my preorder as a birthday gift so I guess you can count me in. I would have bought it anyway.

999cop said:

So let's do a poll here, shall we? In the spirit of initial release, who's dashing to the store and buying this for $60?

Yes or no?

I'm honestly considering it.

I've never preordered a game in my life, but I will be getting this within the first few days.

MacBeth said:

I preordered this a couple months back without hesitation.

Yeah, I did the same, only thing I preordered just yesterday.

I am. I have total confidence in this game.

I don't live in a country as rich as the USA so when I give 60$ for the game it means I really respect the company and want to support them.

I'm going to wait until reviews are in. And hopefully an SP demo arrives. I was beyond the moon when Doom 3 arrived; super hyped; thought it would be the best game EVAR!, played the demo, loved it. Spent $50 which I really didn't have to spend at the time on it, and was sorely disappointed. It was the same corridors for 20 hours. Doom 3 grew on me over the past 12 years, but I'm still not terribly fond of it. So I'm not taking a chance again. And for shits-sake, release a demo. Id was famous for releasing shareware back in the day, so no demo makes me concerned.

That, and when watching the single player streams it looked boring, and extremely slow. Go into an area, mow down countless pointless minions and collect their confetti. Go further, gates lock and you fight spawning monsters. A Mancubus or Revenant shouldn't take more than 5 seconds to kill one-on-one. Hopefully I'm wrong, but the SP video released just looks boring and drawn out unnecessarily.

So that's why I'm waiting. I got burned on Doom 3, and while I don't mind it now, I wish I wouldn't have paid full price. Hoping the new game is better, but I'll wait.

Make that double; I've got the CE for PS4 coming in the mail so that's $120. Add another $60 for my wife's PS4 copy. With my work schedule I'll end up buying a digital copy for PS4 as well since I probably won't be able to make it to the store and I'd like to play it on day one, so there's another $60. At some point I'll migrate back to PC but it'll come down in price by then. May buy another physical copy for PS4 just for the slipcover. (EDIT: Did somebody say season pass? Shit. Maybe the CE comes with one...)

I tend to own a lot of copies of Doom. I owned a half dozen each of the original over the years and three copies of Doom 3+ROE (Xbox, PC and finally PS3.) I still have my original Quake I & II CDs (no expansion pack sadly) and I'll end up owning RAGE two more times (once for PS3 to get the platinum, gotta finish co-op trophies, PM if interested and once more for PC when I migrate.) Id and their partners get a lot of money out of my and yet the CE is the first piece of memorabilia I've ever actually collected. Lol

Yup already pre ordered, couldnt get 13th off work so took the monday instead :)

The more i see of this the better it looks...

I pre-ordered from steam, but i'm waiting for a "yarrrrg" version to test out. If its shit it gets refunded. If not i'll keep it..

The campaign, gunplay, difficulty, visuals, pc stability, and snapmap ALL need to be a solid 9/10 or better (MP can suck a fat one). And none of that can be determined in the two hours of gameplay that steam allows.

If it plays and feels like a shitty console port it gets refunded.

If the limitations (thanks consoles) of snapmap cant be modded out like settlement building in fallout 4 is for the PC community it gets refunded.

If ANY important content is locked away behind snappoints in snapmap it gets refunded.

My tolerance for "pay us a premium for utter garbage" is gone.

Comes out seven days before my birthday so I have an entire week to find out reception overall to it, and whether the PC version will have a retail release with disc that isn't just a $60 paperweight container for a digital Steam key.

$60? I wish. It's $80 Canadian over here. I'm really going to find it difficult to fork over that much cash unless it's a phenominal game .. I'm not bothered much if I have to wait for a Steam sale if it's only average at best.

(Yes I realize $80 Canadian is only $64 USD at this point)

Of course. Steam version pre-ordered a few months back when I upgraded my PC. Beta ran great, and from the new wealth of campaign footage, its looking like I made the right call.

Looks fucking awesome.

Guest MIND

Getting the box version like I do with every game. I like tangible games. This is a birthday gift to myself. Kind of weird how my favourite game gets released on my birthday Month.

Heh, this thread reminded me to pre-purchase. I'm normally against that sort of thing but I'm pretty much guaranteed to buy this particular game on day one anyway. Waiting at this point would just be stubborn pointlessness.

Ya I preordered it quite some time ago, Collectors for pc and a Digital copy for my xbox one. Ya I was able to get the 13th off as well, usually I don't see it fit to take a vacation day over a video game but, it has been 12 years.

No preorder, not buying on release day either. Even I didn't buy Skyrim on 11-11-11. I'm a cheap/frugal asshole and will wait a little bit.

I'm reordering it in the morning alongside a GFX card. This is probably one of the most expensive games I've bought including GFX card upgrade to play it maxed. It's a duty to play Doom on Ultra!