Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

Who's buying this for $60?

Preordered the PC collectors edition, and a small upgrade to my system as to not worry about any performance issues. Whatever, I built an entire computer for Doom3 when it came out, never regretted it.

I don't normally preorder games but I made an exception. I know what I've bought. Worst case scenario is it's riddled with bugs and technical problems. Yay for Steam refunds.

Pre-ordered as soon as the Steam page went up. So yeah, full price.

Pre-ordered the PC collectors edition as well as the regular PS4 game (don't have and don't want a gaming PC in my living room, but don't want to sit in my gaming room everytime when I need a quick Doom fix :) ).

Since I just built a new rig with VR (HTC Vive) in mind (thus the gaming/VR roomscale space), it should run Doom pretty well. My current office workstation already did a great job with the alphas and betas, and has much less GPU power.

tuo said:

Pre-ordered the PC collectors edition as well as the regular PS4 game (don't have and don't want a gaming PC in my living room, but don't want to sit in my gaming room everytime when I need a quick Doom fix :) ).

You could get a cheap machine to use Steam in home streaming. It works really well, I do it with my Laptop and surface tablet.

Though you already have a PS4, so the way you did it is cheaper lol

Tuskin38 said:

You could get a cheap machine to use Steam in home streaming. It works really well, I do it with my Laptop and surface tablet.

Though you already have a PS4, so the way you did it is cheaper lol

Exactly :) Already a PS4 in the room, and I don't want another machine there. It's basically the "console area" (PS 1, 2, 3 and 4, Xbox, Xbox 360, SNES, N64, GameCube, Retron 5...you get the idea ;) A PC simply wouldn't fit, and I might get the crazy idea of running a PC-emulator for consoles that are NOT in the room...that would be crazy, you know (and now don't start arguing about the Retron 5 beeing nothing more than an emulator...I'll cover my ears, sing lalala until you are gone).

MacBeth said:

I preordered this a couple months back without hesitation.

Same here. This is a new Doom game. Of course I am buying it. Even if it was horrible I would still buy it just to see what it's like.

I'm sure my comp can handle it and while I want DOOM '16 ASAP I am a cheap ass gamer. The last time I even spent $20 was on Hatred at launch, admittedly a title I really wanted, but I feel I should of waited on that one to go on sale (which it has, many times, last saw it for $2) considering how short and shallow it is. Otherwise it's sales and deals and bundles for me.

Another game I really want is Carmageddon: Reincarnation, but it's at $30 and I've been waiting on a sale. The upcoming Max Damage re-release being free for those who already own Reincarnation is tempting, it's that or pay $10 more to get the Max Damage release. Not a big deal, I'm going through the original Carmageddon right now anyway to celebrate and it's keeping me plenty preoccupied.

I never pre-ordered anything in my life, and I can see why a lot of people don't like doing so.

Piper Maru said:

It's hard to believe that after all this time, the new Doom is nearly here. This is going to the best Friday the 13th EVER.

Hell yeah! :)
I have already preordered the physical copy. Its nice to actually have it in the bookcase and say that i "own it" and not renting it through steam (even though you activate the physical copy as well on steam). Its nice to have the dvd with the entire game. But, yeah. Its cheaper with GMG and you get the key faster. Ah, well :)

Aw shit, my XBL Gold runs out in 14 days god damn consoles >:( hopefully I can get that shit renewed and also get doom yet again, god damn consoles, if a good PC wasn't mega expensive (and not confusing to build, im pretty dumb :P) I would most definitely get one

I don't think you really need to cross out "goddamn consoles" there. Charging a subscription for online services in this day and age where everything is online is awful.

Console owners don't have a choice in the matter. Microsoft tried to do the same with Windows but, unlike consoles, PC users don't have to abide by their BS and didn't take the bait. Eventually, Microsoft just ended up making it a free service. Xbox users generally don't have the chops to do that because it would just mean giving up online period.

That's what makes it so awful. There's literally no choice, so hey if you want to use the complete range of features in the software and hardware you just paid hundreds of bucks for, pay us another couple hundred bucks a year!

I'm of the opinion that online connectivity should just be part of the package and shouldn't incur any extra costs. Online functionality is no longer a premium feature, it is part of the basic nature of gaming.

I'm not buying it for $60.

...Because I'm getting the PC Collector's Edition for $82. (Preordered it using cash left over from a convention, so yeah :P)

I have pre-order the collectors edition for pc, UAC pack for ps4, collectors edition strategy guide for the 2nd play through. Got a 2nd cheap cd key incase there is a delay, my mate will get the spare key.

Oh I also got the doom and cyberdemon models on pre-order too lol

i will. WHEN ITS FUCKING COMPLETE, I HATE THAT DLC SEASON ASS BS!

not going to spend 60 now and another 200 to complete the heck

Steam summer sale 2017 here we go.

FU BathesdEA and your "MODERN" bussines model.

superreddevil said:

i will. WHEN ITS FUCKING COMPLETE, I HATE THAT DLC SEASON ASS BS!

not going to spend 60 now and another 200 to complete the heck

Steam summer sale 2017 here we go.

FU BathesdEA and your "MODERN" bussines model.

I don't imagine my defending DLC will be popular, but DLC is something of a work around for a company in the industry to try and retain developers past the titles release date; this way, artists in particular aren't just cut from the company once the game is released. So you can try to think of DLC as keeping talented game devs working.

All the BS DLC for the MP aside I hope they make a full fledged expansion pack for this like what was done for Wolf TNO. That's a rare thing to see nowadays.

Is anyone else getting both the regular AND collector's edition just to have both boxes?

I'm probably one of the few people crazy enough to do it, but I've ordered the collector's edition on Amazon and I plan on rushing out to Walmart early in the morning on May 13 to grab the $60 regular boxed copy.

I've never even done this before. I'm generally a digital-only guy, but when it comes to DOOM I'm more than willing to make exceptions--even if my wallet may never forgive me. :-)