Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

Why do the Youtube campaign spoiler videos have such little views?

none of them are anywhere near or more than 100k views

do people really suppress themselves from checking out the vids, or have they already lost interest before the game rolls out?

im getting the sense in the latter camp, uh oh

Don't worry, the people interested are probably suppressing their erection for the game, unlike me.

TBH a lot of them are pretty similar from what I can tell, so there's no need to see them all anyway.

I am in the camp of "I've seen enough and am not going to watch any more videos", though. Watching loads of content now will just detract from my playing experience. Two weeks isn't that long to wait.

TheGamePhilosophe said:

I would assume it's because there just isn't a lot of excitement for this title. Hot AAA titles get millions of views by comparison.

I agree. It's so strange that a title like this isn't lighting it up. I think the Doom IP is mostly loved by old gamers. All my friends are in their mid 30's or have families; and although they love Doom, they mostly look bad at the original with fondness; the remake isn't even hitting their radars. Or they don't wanna bother getting into an FPS cause they claim "Oh im too old, and my twitch reflexes are shot" I notice they get excited for games like Dark Souls, or Fallout. Maybe FPS are a young man's game; and most of them have been brought up on CoD or Halo. (Thus all the comparisons with the beta). That's just my theory though from what I'm seeing.

TheGamePhilosophe said:

I would assume it's because there just isn't a lot of excitement for this title. Hot AAA titles get millions of views by comparison.

doom just doesnt ring the bell for its name with the millenials unlike the modern, familiar titles such as halo, cod, and battlefield.

i wonder if half life is also just as outdated as doom.

Meanwhile you got the net going nuts over modern warfare 1 remake and calling the new COD a generic halo rip off lol

999cop said:

none of them are anywhere near or more than 100k views

do people really suppress themselves from checking out the vids, or have they already lost interest before the game rolls out?

im getting the sense in the latter camp, uh oh

Where are them? I haven't found a single one.

victorboris1 said:

Where are them? I haven't found a single one.

youtube