Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valkiriforce

Metal Mansion for Eternal Doom

If you're familiar with Reverie you'll remember the secret puzzle map, Metal Mansion. If not well this is basically a difficult to solve puzzle map from my megawad Reverie now re-textured to fit in with the Eternal Doom theme.

Tested in PrBoom+/ZDoom. Requires Eternal Doom to play, of course. Replaces MAP15 because I like the music there.

download

Any possible error reports/advice would be welcome.

Welp, consider myself stumped. I believe you somehow managed to create an "Eternal Doom the way TeamTNT Did" map.

I couldn't even find a single key!

Cool! It really feels like at home in the Eternal Doom setting :P

I have played Metal Mansion from your Reverie megawad before, and I gotta say it's one of your hardest levels due to the confusing and obtuse puzzles scattered throughout the map. I haven't managed to beat it yet, but it looks pretty good. To see it translated into an Eternal Doom map is really fitting since it has the feel of one. In fact it looks like it could have been a Bob Evans map. One little error I noticed is that in vanilla, the switch that opens to the "Don't Think About It" teleporter has a tutti-frutti effect. You should have it tuned up for the vanilla players. I played a bit of the map, but only managed to get so far up before becoming stumped. Still, it's a really good map, and you know, you should submit this to the Ty Halderman tribute project. Link has been provided if you want to do so, since it looks like it could fit right there. Great job on the map, valkiriforce!

Does it work under vanilla? I know Eternal Doom does, but I could never get it to run under something like that without getting an error message like, "R_ProjectSprite: invalid sprite frame" or something. Also thanks for the heads up on that switch.

valkiriforce said:

Does it work under vanilla? I know Eternal Doom does, but I could never get it to run under something like that without getting an error message like, "R_ProjectSprite: invalid sprite frame" or something. Also thanks for the heads up on that switch.

Yeah, surprisingly, it worked well despite you claiming it to be for limit-removing ports. I just finally beat the map now and never experienced any crashes. No problem.

All righty - updated the link and made some additional fixes throughout. I'd appreciate if anyone else had any thoughts or feedback on this map, if any.

Not sure if I wanna play this... The original gave me a headache after 3 hours of continious playing. :D

So, with this Eternal Doom retexture, it's no longer really metal. Eternal Mansion?

i'll admit, i got turned off going any further in Reverie because of this map :p i really oughta give it another try again.