Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DaniVR99

Welcome Back to Hell

Hi guys. I have been reading this forum since Doom was revealed at Quakecon back in 2014. I just wanted to thank you guys for making this journey so much more fun and exciting. Doom is my favourite game franchise by far, and the new Doom is the game that I have waited the most for. I LOVE everything that I have seen so far, and can't wait to play it! I have one question for you guys: if the new Doom sells very well (which I am sure it will do great) what would you like to see in future Doom games from id?

Doomguy's face again, That's what i want to see because ... He's not Master Chief .

TheMightyHeracross said:

but what the Hell does Master Chief have to do with it?

It reminds me of How Master chief never showed his face before, I dunno, It just makes me think of him .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Doomguy's face again, That's what i want to see because ... He's not Master Chief .

That's interesting! Let's see if we actually get to see his face in the new Doom!

I Certainly hope so, I Mean his face appeared in many Doom games so why not the new one ?

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I Certainly hope so, I Mean his face appeared in many Doom games so why not the new one ?

Maybe at the end of the game his face gets revealed? It would be very cool to see Doom4guy without his helmet!

DaniVR99 said:

That's interesting! Let's see if we actually get to see his face in the new Doom!

Doubt it. Doomguy is meant to be you. And the new Doomguy is probably not even human anymore.

And I'm not sure what a future Doom game will be like, but my guess would be this
:same gameplay mechanics(with a few new stuff) of Doom 2016, but set on Earth.

But I would still like to see whatever face Doomguy has now. For some reason, Doom 3's face felt PERFECT for the role.

Voros said:

Doubt it. Doomguy is meant to be you. And the new Doomguy is probably not even human anymore.

And I'm not sure what a future Doom game will be like, but my guess would be this
:same gameplay mechanics(with a few new stuff) of Doom 2016, but set on Earth.

But I would still like to see whatever face Doomguy has now. For some reason, Doom 3's face felt PERFECT for the role.

I sort of expect that maybe they would refine things they did in doom 4, aside from making a new sp for a new doom game.

In an id focus group or just an id employee sort out my opinion on this I would have to say a followup campaign on earth, following the Doom 2 trend. Naturally I would like more unique environments, some added gameplay mechanics (not too intrusive) and more monsters, big ones in particular.

Chezza said:

In an id focus group or just an id employee sort out my opinion on this I would have to say a followup campaign on earth, following the Doom 2 trend. Naturally I would like more unique environments, some added gameplay mechanics (not too intrusive) and more monsters, big ones in particular.

It would be very cool to see Earth invaded by the forces of Hell indeed! Let's see how the story of the new Doom ends, I am sure they left some clue in the game on the future of the series

Without shadow of a doubt - HELL ON EARTH! All those space stations are getting really overused...I want sewers, downtowns, factories, destroyed cities..oh wait something like that were already cancelled)))

Hell on eath would be cool, but mainly it will be hard to judge before the game comes out, better map building utilities perhaps? The ability to run our own servers? Dashing or dodging mechanic would be cool, would love something like that to dash and weave in and out of monster crowds. More monsters is a given I supose.

I don't get why Earth cities MUST be bland. If they have the kind of technology for that Mars base, shouldn't they have the same kind of technology back on Earth? It isn't strictly mandatory to make generic city levels and that's not to mention the potential with having hell bleed through the cities. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of reimagining of O' of Destruction, I always found that level so interesting for some reason.

I wouldn't mind seeing the full HUD make a comeback. But maybe in the form of a holographic display on your visor.

MetroidJunkie said:

I don't get why Earth cities MUST be bland. If they have the kind of technology for that Mars base, shouldn't they have the same kind of technology back on Earth? It isn't strictly mandatory to make generic city levels and that's not to mention the potential with having hell bleed through the cities. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of reimagining of O' of Destruction, I always found that level so interesting for some reason.

100% agree. Also, we need to see Daisy :)

Hell on Earth cannot be some genetic city, just think of the map structures and how fucking boring that'd be. The cities would have to be extremely dense and futuristic, like something out of Fifth Element.

It's a massive project to get done right, maybe if there is a Doom 5.

TraceOfSpades said:

I wouldn't mind seeing the full HUD make a comeback. But maybe in the form of a holographic display on your visor.

I always thought something like this would be really cool, though it would also get to be super annoying if it were visible at all times (unless it were made super transparent or something).

victorboris1 said:

Hell on Earth should take place on Jerusalem, it would be the perfect city for it.

Yuck

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Yuck

Nobody wants to see Jerusalem.... it's too pandering to the evangelist nutjobs.

Let Hell on Earth take place in an American city like New York City, Los Angeles, or Washington D.C. Something that the average gamer can kinda relate to.

Jerusalem... only the religious nutjobs can relate to that.

Look I'm Catholic, but I'm not a bloody evangelist who feels the compulsion to shove religion down people's throats.

So in your words DMGUYDZ64.... Yuck.

I agree 100% with you. Yuck.

Maybe Hell On Earth should take place in Tokyo, Japan? :D Japanese Doomguy anyone? :D

A lot of people immediately gravitate towards "boring city" whenever Hell on Earth is brought up. But like others have already said, any earth city found in Doom 4's universe would probably be highly advanced Bladerunner/5th Element style stuff, possibly with some Gothic influence like Doom 2's textures. Personally I'd like to see some natural environments like dense forests, snowy mountains, and eerie dark swamps. Especially if it's like Whitemare where some of the demons have adapted to the environments and have unique powers and if there are outposts/techbases nestled somewhere in each of them.

I'd also like to see a Quake that returns to the Gothic/Sci-fi/Lovecraftian themes of the original, with a heavy focus on melee and RPG elements like Romero's original vision. Just think first-person techno-Bloodborne.

DoomzRules said:

Nobody wants to see Jerusalem.... it's too pandering to the evangelist nutjobs.

Let Hell on Earth take place in an American city like New York City, Los Angeles, or Washington D.C. Something that the average gamer can kinda relate to.

Jerusalem... only the religious nutjobs can relate to that.

Look I'm Catholic, but I'm not a bloody evangelist who feels the compulsion to shove religion down people's throats.

So in your words DMGUYDZ64.... Yuck.

I agree 100% with you. Yuck.

Maybe Hell On Earth should take place in Tokyo, Japan? :D Japanese Doomguy anyone? :D

Are you fucking kidding me? The AlAqsa Mosque blown up and a huge hellgate open above it? Who the fuck gives a shit about New York getting blown up again? Who the hell cares about taking back a burger king from a band of demons? Average America getting destroyed is boring as watching paint dry up and has been done countless times by pretty much everyone in the industry.

I second the HUD idea. I miss the original mugshot HUD :C

victorboris1 said:

Are you fucking kidding me? The AlAqsa Mosque blown up and a huge hellgate open above it? Who the fuck gives a shit about New York getting blown up again? Who the hell cares about taking back a burger king from a band of demons? Average America getting destroyed is boring as watching paint dry up and has been done countless times by pretty much everyone in the industry.

Why would it be average America? With how the general aesthetic of the levels sort of look (based on what we have seen in the streams), I would think it a city on earth would look more advanced/high tech and not just some modern day city. Maybe some layered megacity.

victorboris1 said:

Tokyo would be cooler....

But hey... a NeoTokyo setting would be cool..

Or at least a dystopian/futuristic setting along the lines of Blade Runner or Half-Life 2.

thinking about hell on earth in a realistic way just sounds alot like the opening for mortal kombat X, I would be cool to see in a futuristic city. As for sandy areas with monsters, serious sams got you covered 7 ways to sunday. Actually thinking about demons in a city realistically (unless post-apocalypse) sounds super boring to me. We've had so many fps's take the fight to the city. City levels in most games are some of the most boring to me.