Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amph

Doom 2016 Megawad

there will be a whole new series of megawad for this doom, and many will come from the previous doom , like recreation of plutonia and tnt, helle revealed, with tons of monsters, slaughterfest etc...

this is what i'am actually waiting for, than anything else

are you excited for this?

Amph said:

there will be a whole new series of megawad for this doom, and many will come from the previous doom , like recreation of plutonia and tnt, helle revealed, with tons of monsters, slaughterfest etc...

I have difficulties with understanding how poeple will be recreating Plutonia and TNT? and Hell revealed! Yeah I'm so excited to see those desperate attempts)!

No, I am not excited for shitty subpar remakes of THINGS WE CAN ALREADY PLAY.

I want to see new original content.

AirRaid said:

yes but we will have a chance to play them in a differernt game with different behaviour of the enemies and weapons

Amph said:

Yeah, remember when people were saying the same thing before Doom 3 came out and it never happened? Also, good luck with the slaughterfests in the new Doom. I doubt the engine is meant for more than 10-15 monsters on screen at once. I'm sure some idiot will rush to make deeznuts2016.wad that will run at 1 FPS.

Amph said:

yes but we will have a chance to play them in a differernt game with different behaviour of the enemies and weapons

But why is that an instant win? You can't just slap new AI into samey areas and expect it to be just as great.

Limited set of prefabs won't allow this, Besides i don t think recreating all level themes would be possible , Add that to the fact that you cannot make skyboxes (At least it seems so) .

rileymartin said:

Yeah, remember when people were saying the same thing before Doom 3 came out and it never happened? Also, good luck with the slaughterfests in the new Doom. I doubt the engine is meant for more than 10-15 monsters on screen at once. I'm sure some idiot will rush to make deeznuts2016.wad that will run at 1 FPS.

i like many enemies on the same screen, for now 10 monsters only with the new doom, does not look so intimidating, i want more

and anyway here we have snapmap, in doom 3 there was no real good and easy editor, so it's different

Amph said:

You will have a chance to play rough approximations of areas which were designed to work with the mechanics and balance of a 20 year old game, shoehorned into a brand new game with a completely different set of mechanics and game balance decisions. Yeah that'll be AMAZING.

I bet we'll be able to play some of the old maps who knows. Maybie down the road we can get snap map peices that are chunks of old levels. If we can't It's be fun to take the general flow and feeling of the original maps and make something new.

MetroidJunkie said:

How about reimagined versions, kind of like Knee Deep in ZDoom but with the full capabilities a 3D engine can offer?

They're making that already. It's called DOOM 2016.

AirRaid said:

They're making that already. It's called DOOM 2016.

Bull crap, unless you can show me proof that these new Doom levels are actually just souped up versions of old ones.

AirRaid said:

You will have a chance to play rough approximations of areas which were designed to work with the mechanics and balance of a 20 year old game, shoehorned into a brand new game with a completely different set of mechanics and game balance decisions. Yeah that'll be AMAZING.

are you telling me that you didn't like plutonia? all the notorious megawad were great to be honest, hell revealed, was a great addition

999cop said:

its not a wad so quit saying its a wad anymore.

just a way to say, that there will be mega campaign made from the fun, like it was in the previous doom

Amph said:

are you telling me that you didn't like plutonia? all the notorious megawad were great to be honest, hell revealed, was a great addition

They were great for Classic Doom.
We need something COMPLETELY fresh to fit Doom 2016. Unless you can recreate these megawads with prefabs, its a dead end.

MetroidJunkie said:

Bull crap, unless you can show me proof that these new Doom levels are actually just souped up versions of old ones.

Why would levels in Doom 4 be souped up versions of old ones if its a reimagining of doom in various ways?

Amph said:

in doom 3 there was no real good and easy editor, so it's different

Sure there was. Once you get past the little annoyances etc. the Doom3 editor is actually pretty damn good. The reason not a lot of "remakes" surfaced was because everybody kept waiting for other people to make cool stuff for them. Also, these kinds of remakes suck.

LittleBurger said:

Why would levels in Doom 4 be souped up versions of old ones if its a reimagining of doom in various ways?

My point was to reimagine megawads from Doom like TNT and Plutonia, that's the whole point of this thread. Maybe keep up?

AirRaid said:

Couldn't agree more. It's fun to see the originals recreated in the new engine, but beyond that I really don't care. A small part of me is happy that there is a limit on how many demons you can have per map, because it means I won't have to sift through endless copy+paste slaughter maps to find something that's actually creative.

MetroidJunkie said:

My point was to reimagine megawads from Doom like TNT and Plutonia, that's the whole point of this thread. Maybe keep up?

Take off those nostalgia goggles right meow .

What's the monster limit anyways? I want to know how many Revenants I can flood the player with just like good ol' times.