Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Morning, ya'll. I'm looking for a couple of maps I played via dial-up on BBS's back in the day. This was in the Spanaway/Tacoma area. The maps were named gl2.wad and chalet.wad. In case it was from some other map pack, I'll describe the one I want most.

It had a main arena with a bunker in the center, a ledge with a rocket launcher that could only be gotten to via hidden lift. It had hallways on both sides with pillars in the middle and hidden cubby holes with 1-way textures for hiding. another room to the north of the main arena had 2 staircases running up each side. A hidden room had a 1-way window view to the stairs. Another room had transporter triggers and the only way to make it across the room was to memorize the pattern. Made for a fun deathmatch experience.

RaphaelMode said:

This appaers to be the most appropriate thraed...

I missed this. What is this?

The guy who made this has a yt channel, and that screen it's taken from this video.

Looking for an old WAD, most likely created before 1998. As I recall the levels are the same as the original doom, but there were 2 differences:

1) The Skull on the main menu was replaced by some kind of a flashy thing that reminds me of a blue anchor turned upside down.

2) Either the zombie guy or the shotgun guy was replaces with a white colored sprite.

3) The lost souls also looked a bit different, something like in the Doom Alpha I think.

Anybody have ideas?

Hello, everyone.

Sorry for bothering you, but I wwas looking for the 10x monsters mod that was designed for Samsara. The fliename is.-

samsara-10x.wad

I tried to download it from TerminusEst13's Samsaraa Resorces page, but the links seems to be taken down. Can someone share this one, please? :)

Is there a mod that that changes the AI of the demons into a more realistic one? Such as no "walk-shoot-walk" AI. Enhanced speed also.

No not Brutal Doom or Project Brutality.
Thanks!

WOODLAN.WAD. That's the name of it. Big red brick "cube" with a teleport stairs. easily speed-ran as the exit switch is simply on the other side of the huge starting area.

Nerukau said:

Looking for an old WAD, most likely created before 1998. As I recall the levels are the same as the original doom, but there were 2 differences:

1) The Skull on the main menu was replaced by some kind of a flashy thing that reminds me of a blue anchor turned upside down.

2) Either the zombie guy or the shotgun guy was replaces with a white colored sprite.

3) The lost souls also looked a bit different, something like in the Doom Alpha I think.

Anybody have ideas?

Bump.

I did some keyword searching through the whole forum before asking here, but I'm looking for a specific 90's Doom II megawad.

I don't remember much about its map themes, I don't recall that it had much in the way of custom art, I don't recall if it was 32 levels or just like 10 or what.

I remember only one thing: The Icon of Sin Romero head was used in the final room, but it was changed to look like a brain, spinal column, and nervous system floating in a big jar. I recall that the jar rose out of a column as you approached it.

There was a custom sound, a human voice (well, once-human), and it's the brain in a jar telling you to kill it. It's supposed to be your old squadmate or something, I think.

Any ideas?

I found a zip file on a site. It had inside 3 or 4 wads. The txt file said they were for zdoom. It was like 10 years ago.

One level was set inside an UFO. It was a small level this only 1 or 2 cacos as enemies.

Another level was set in a warzone, with destryed buildings. You started inside a tank and had to fight spiderdemon, cyberdemon and chaingunners.

Another level was a big shiny tech base using a lot of stargr1.

Looking for a wad where one of the maps is a marble-ish room, with like 20 G1 switches that you have to shoot through. The map itself has an archvile chase sequence and is pretty scarce on ammo.

Any ideas?

Looking for a wad where you start off with a cutscene of you in a ship flying to a base, then upon arriving you're put into a scanner witch removes your weapons.

Shadez12 said:

Looking for a wad where you start off with a cutscene of you in a ship flying to a base, then upon arriving you're put into a scanner witch removes your weapons.

Both Assault on Tei Tenga (https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/teitenga) and Daedalus: Alien Defense (https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/themes/TeamTNT/daedalus/daedalus) start like that, but none of them removes your weapons as far as I can tell.

EDIT: To avoid double posting, I will just add my request in this post.

This is not a wad, but still Doom related. I'm trying to find this old radio ad for Ultimate Doom:

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/21605-ultimate-doom-radio-ad/

I searched the forums, and while it has been posted several times, all download links lead me to rome.ro, which apparently no longer exists. I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks and good morning/day/night.

Zed said:

This is not a wad, but still Doom related. I'm trying to find this old radio ad for Ultimate Doom:

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/21605-ultimate-doom-radio-ad/

I searched the forums, and while it has been posted several times, all download links lead me to rome.ro, which apparently no longer exists. I'll appreciate any help.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120717004423/http://rome.ro/sounds/UltimateDOOM_Radio.mp3

Shadez12 said:

That's a Legacy mod originally (though you can play it in [G]ZDoom now), IIRC it was named High Tech Hell.

Does anyone have Ravine.wad by Mattias Johansson? It was available here long ago. There are some smaller maps that were archived from the Geocities site.