Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Some German site posting cool Artworks [Appearantly official]

Everytime I see those hell levels I just can't stand that piss filter. It should have been more red or at the very least orange.

Jellyman1303 said:

Everytime I see those hell levels I just can't stand that piss filter. It should have been more red or at the very least orange.

Like this ?

Or this ?

Otus said:

If Martys impaled head is inside the Icon of Sin?

Lol i wonder how his 3D Model will look like .

Pretty much looks exactly how I was hoping! It's like a mix of sci-fi art and extreme metal album covers, which is just too cool!

Jellyman1303 said:

Then you would have red/orange Mars scenery plus red/orange hell scenery = too much red/orange, no diversification.

I really like the yellow hues in some of the hell settings, reminds me to the surreal landscapes by Polish painter Beksiński.

My guess is hell has layers that become more and more fucked up and vastly different the deeper you go, this includes colors. Probably blue, like we've seen, then yellow, then red. Hopefully some green shit in there at some point.

DMGUYDZ64's post with the Icon of Sin.

As you can see, it's looking in bad shape and has blood pissing down its brain hole. Either this is concept for:
A: Revisit and rebattle of the classic Icon of Sin
B: Revisit the aftermath of the classic Icon of Sin
C: This is fan art and means nothing

It'll be interesting to see how they pull of A, though I'm fine if they just put B into the game.

That concept for the Icon of Sin looks absolutely awesome, perfect reimagining of it. And judging from the leaks, it looks like the Icon of Sin is a mixture between a Battle Standard (War Flag) and a demonic Super Weapon, being carried by the demonic armies into battle, which is kinda coherent with it looking battle-scarred and damaged.

It's interesting just how much exclusive coverage Germany is getting. Is there a notable following over there, or are they just doing it to compensate for most of the series having been on that Index of the Bundesprüfstelle thing for so long?

I think it's just because Germany is probably the biggest key market for video games in Europe.

Tetzlaff said:

I really like the yellow hues in some of the hell settings, reminds me to the surreal landscapes by Polish painter Beksiński.

I was also getting the Beksiński vibes from the Hell stuff. Especially with the rippling/cracked bone and rock motifs.

Example:

The more I think about it, the more I think it was intentional on the art department's part. It seems to be a primary source of inspiration.

Jaxxoon R said:

It's interesting just how much exclusive coverage Germany is getting. Is there a notable following over there, or are they just doing it to compensate for most of the series having been on that Index of the Bundesprüfstelle thing for so long?

Oh, there is a notable following here. If you go through the forums, people are totally hyped for this game.
Doom was the "forbidden fruit" over here. And what happens, if you forbid something? People want it even more. Thus, there are many, many people who played the original doom (allthough it was basically banned / could not be sold) and are still big fans of Doom.
So it's not really compensation, but basically everybody - even people who were not into PCs and gaming back then - had to see this banned piece of software back in the days, and got hooked. My brothers (older than me) never were into gaming, but both played Doom back then, because it was THE thing you had to have seen.

PureSlime said:

I was also getting the Beksiński vibes from the Hell stuff. Especially with the rippling/cracked bone and rock motifs.

Example:
http://www.vagallery.com/uploads/2/5/9/7/2597378/6407663_orig.jpg

The more I think about it, the more I think it was intentional on the art department's part. It seems to be a primary source of inspiration.

You're right.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/what-to-play/doom-concept-art-gallery-creating-hell/

Geez, now I'm even more excited. At this rate, I'm gonna have to arrange a DOOM day with a friend.

MFG38 said:

Geez, now I'm even more excited. At this rate, I'm gonna have to arrange a DOOM day with a friend.

Yep. I'm going to stock up on Mountain Dew and Doritos to prepare.