Critic Score: 95% or maybe 100%

User Score: Varies depending on user.

For true Doom fans: 100%

For fake Doom fans: 50%

For nostalgia-blind Doom fans: 30%

For COD fanboys: 0%

For Fallout fanboys: 80%

Just my two cents though. =P

Because "true" Doom fans are absolute fanboys who will give it a perfect score, even if there are flaws. Come on, man, a perfect score is unreasonable. I hate this notion that a game is somehow terrible if it gets below a 9/10, that's not how it works.

DoomzRules said:

Critic Score: 95% or maybe 100%

User Score: Varies depending on user.

For true Doom fans: 100%

For fake Doom fans: 50%

For nostalgia-blind Doom fans: 30%

For COD fanboys: 0%

For Fallout fanboys: 80%

Just my two cents though. =P

This is by far, by far, the dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum.

Congratulations.

redrage said:

This is by far, by far, the dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum.

Congratulations.

Yup...

Thank you!

I was just joking around.

The real Metacritic scores will probably look something like this.

Critic Scores: 90%

User Scores: 80 to 85%

Interestingly enough Doom II got a Metacritic score of 83.... and yet, doom2.wad is used as the "Skin and bones" of over 90% of the community-released content. (With most of the rest being between doom, tnt, plutonia, and a handful of hexen/heretic wads)

I couldn't find any information pertaining to Doom (1993) or Ultimite Doom (1995), but it's more than likely those games were either missed, or came out before Metacritic became a thing.

I'm guessing it'll most likely get a score in the low-to-mid 80's, unless it's really good then I could see it getting an upper 80's or 90+

(Mostly basing this off of Bethesda's two new Wolfenstein games, TnO got an 81 and Old Blood got a 76... and both I thought were pretty fun games for what they were.)

hoping for 85+ but i could see it landing anywhere between 75-95 depending how good snapmap and the campaign end up being

Critic Score: 82. I won't put it past certain sites to take a dump on the game in order to get clicks from those who already hate it. Multiplayer and Snapmap will just edge its score over Wolfenstein and Rage.

User Score: Anywhere in the single digits. Anything more is hopelessly and laughably optimistic with how the beta Steam reviews and the comments on the SP streams were.

Early 80s like 80-84, I'd be surprised if its higher than 85 though. I expect a very decent shooter but not the begin-all end-all experience in FPS history. The big bang only happened once.

Jarvey said:

Critic Score: 82. I won't put it past certain sites to take a dump on the game in order to get clicks from those who already hate it. Multiplayer and Snapmap will just edge its score over Wolfenstein and Rage.

User Score: Anywhere in the single digits. Anything more is hopelessly and laughably optimistic with how the beta Steam reviews and the comments on the SP streams were.

I agree on the critic score (80-85), but single digits on the user score? Even with all the hate this game will receive I expect it getting at least 30-40. Single digits would require the game to literally not work for anyone on any platform...

...but who am I kidding? It's still possible for them to drown it in "0" and "1" even if the game turns out to be good.

DecemberMan said:

...but who am I kidding? It's still possible for them to drown it in "0" and "1" even if the game turns out to be good.

That's exactly what I'm expecting. Consider that the user rating of the open beta on steam bottomed out around 36%. That put it equal or lower than many games that are actually broken or just plain crap. So yeah, I'm totally going for the extreme worst case here and saying the user rating will hit the single digits because a good chunk of these people have already made up their mind regardless of the actual quality of the game.

Of course, I'm basing this on the PC version. The console user scores will be a good deal higher, barring a disastrous release or something.

This is the first time I'm following the development of a game and actively participating in a forum, so I have to ask if it's common for a game to get the amount of shit before release that new Doom is getting?

Jarvey said:

the user rating will hit the single digits because a good chunk of these people have already made up their mind regardless of the actual quality of the game.

I literally never look at the user rating on Metacritic. So many great games get swarmed with low user ratings over one silly thing. I certainly WISH there was a good user-rating website for videogames, since iMDB is a pretty good place for movies.

Hofmann said:

This is the first time I'm following the development of a game and actively participating in a forum, so I have to ask if it's common for a game to get the amount of shit before release that new Doom is getting?

We have to remember that Doom is essentially THE PC game. It was the game that made the PC the cutting edge gaming platform, it was the game that popularized modding, and it's obviously the godfather of first-person shooters (a core PC genre).

And now we have a reboot of that game coming out, and it's not exactly the same. So people are going to unleash every ounce of cynicism in their bodies. Most AAA games get some type of shit since the internet is such a cynical place, but not on DOOM's level. There's an air of skepticism about this game. Hopefully that changes when it's released.

Let's take Fallout 4 as a reference.

On PC it has a 5.4 use Metascore while on steam it is at 80% Very Positive. People have to put some actual thought in what they say when they own the game.

I mean just look at this garbage "review"

Vault121
Nov 12, 2015
1/10
If they left the dialogue system from previous games I might be able to give this a 10 out of 10. This is an insult to everyone who loved New Vegas, Fallout 3, and even 1 and 2. The dialogue wheel and voiced main character are so limiting that I cannot believe after 18 hours of playing this game I have yet to have a real in-depth conversation with someone in the game. There is no clever conversation/dialog option in this game. It is not a role-playing game anymore, and this decision ruined the experience for me. I'm sorry, I really tried to like it as a long-time Fallout and Elder Scrolls fan, but this feels extremely insulting to RPG fans everywhere. Collapse
33 of 53 users found this helpful

I'm not sure since it can be anything. But let's see.

The single player is bound to be fun for them, so plus.
The easy mapping is also a way to increase the fun, so plus.
The multiplayer might be fun if not generic (Certain Affinity worked on it didn't they?), so maybe a plus (debatable)

Obviously above 60.
Obviously below 90

So yeah. 70-80 I guess. If they think its really good and fresh then maybe even 80-90.

But so what on what they give? We will enjoy it. That's the big picture, whether they like it or not.

Why Is this thread a thing, I know It's fun but... Why? Metacritic Is mostly made of cancer sometimes.

Anyways, I predict about a 60 to 80 at the very least, some points lost for the Multiplayer.

Tritnew said:

Why Is this thread a thing, I know It's fun but... Why? Metacritic Is mostly made of cancer sometimes.

Critical success will be very important for this game. As I said, there's an air of skepticism surrounding this game for various reasons. If this game gets over an 80 on Metacritic, then people will be more interested. If it gets over an 85, then people are pretty much forced to take notice.

I wonder if Uncharted 4 will hurt the sales of Doom on PS4. Both games will launch with a difference of 2 days.

Kaskaum said:

I wonder if Uncharted 4 will hurt the sales of Doom on PS4. Both games will launch with a difference of 2 days.

The games are very very different.

But from what I have seen on reddit, U4 will be the priority for most PS4 players, they plan to get Doom when it is cheaper. They dont want to get spoiled of U4 so they will just get it as fast as they can.

U4 hype skyrockted, the embargo lifted a few hours ago and got above 90 on MC.

I'm expecting average from pros to be around 90s on Metacritic. As for user reviews, they will be abused like in case of any other acclaimed AAA game. Luckily, nobody pays attention to them (or to steam's messed up user review system for that matter).

Kaskaum said:

But from what I have seen on reddit, U4 will be the priority for most PS4 players, they plan to get Doom when it is cheaper. They dont want to get spoiled of U4 so they will just get it as fast as they can.

U4 hype skyrockted, the embargo lifted a few hours ago and got above 90 on MC.

I read that as UT4 and got hyped for a second. I really hope that it will eventually leave its alpha purgatory state.

rottencat( 1.5 hrs on record )
Posted: May 17
You may like this game if:

* you really believe hard rock music is rough and aggressive
* you really think Eddy from Iron Maiden is scary
* you really enjoy mindless trashy shooters like Quake

uninstalled this nvidia tech demo.

Helpful?
Yes

No

Funny

Heh. Some cool dude on steam :)