Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Some German site posting cool Artworks [Appearantly official]

http://www.giga.de/spiele/doom-2016/exklusiver-einblick-in-doom-das-steckt-hinter-den-hoellischen-welten/page/8/#top2

BTW: I'll try to translate the quote from Emerson Tung:

"It was real fun to redesign something that was this iconic (pun not intended) to Doom II. We tried to keep the spirit of the original, so you can easily recognize it. At the same time, we added our own touch to it. Here it slumbers, in the heart of Necropolis, waiting for the chance to be ressurected."

My guess?

Spoiler

This is where we battle the talisman guards for the crucible

I enjoyed the video at the end of the slide show. "Bla bla bla Big Fucking Guns Bla bla something in german"

ArchvileHunter said:

If by 'pretty fresh' you mean ripped straight from 2006:

Oh God, here we go. Are we gonna compare both games and call DOOM 2016 a rip-off of Half-Life 2 now? Jesus Christ.

PureSlime said:

I now realize they mentioned it in the link that was initially posted, but didn't notice because I didn't look at the German text.

Welp. Mystery of the yellow filter solved.

Wow, good job though on that callout. That artist is awesome, I'll have to check out their stuff.

Edit: I can see it now, a map called origin of the piss.

TheWizard said:

Wow, good job though on that callout. That artist is awesome, I'll have to check out their stuff.

Edit: I can see it now, a map called origin of the piss.

So we come full circle:

It's green and it's pissed!

PureSlime said:

I was also getting the Beksiński vibes from the Hell stuff. Especially with the rippling/cracked bone and rock motifs.

Example:
http://www.vagallery.com/uploads/2/5/9/7/2597378/6407663_orig.jpg

Yes, things like that. The semi-organic rippling bones stuff is notable in some of the hell decorations.

DooM_RO said:

Nice! I am glad that they looked for artistic inspirations beyond the classic Doom depiction of hell.

The art looks awesome and I love how much variety there is between all the locations/environments. I was one of the sceptics last year when I saw the first gameplay footage, but with each reveal, the game looks more awesome.