Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Badmotorfinger111

How many levels?

Anybody know how many levels are in the game? I hope there are around 15 to 20 or a good amount of varied environments. I miss the segmented games of old. I want the names to be interesting like the old ones too, but based on what theyve shown they are all just the names of the area (UAC Labs, Titans realm, etc). I'd rather see a barrels o fun type name. Either way I'm pumped for this game and hope it delivers. Still a lot of unknowns so I guess time will tell. On a side note is anyone tired of seeing the glory kills already. If there were a ton of them it would cool, but it looks there are only like 5 at least most common ones.

Enough to take 13 Hours or so to beat it, Number of levels is unknown so i guess 7 or 9 would be Perfect to make the game feel less repeatitive .

Almonds said:

Are you talking about the number of environments? It's likely we'll be seeing different environments in the same level, like the level they showed off in the SP stream where you start indoors and then go out into the martian surface. Keep in mind that there are now checkpoints in new Doom that let them do this stuff.

My prediction:

Spoiler

14 individual maps, of which we will revisit some

plus Bonus Map

FYI The leaked info was taken from a much older build of the game. Nobody knows how many levels have been added or adjusted.

My hope is too see 30 but that is very optimistic.

My analysis:

Exploration based maps-> Non linearity Abstract design hidden behind realistic room/models

Close estimate-> HacX-like maps HacX map timing on first try->varied, 10-60 minutes

id software's timing of campaign->13 hours/780 minutes

Estimated maps-> 780/10(highest), 780/60(lowest)

Conclusion: -78 maps if maps are small. -13 maps if maps are large.
(+-10 maps)

Are the levels linear or do we back track to previously explored places like Metroid?

I would be happy with either.

I think if the leak is right, that means there's going to be equally as many classic levels to unlock, which is crazzyyyy

sleepii said:

I think if the leak is right, that means there's going to be equally as many classic levels to unlock, which is crazzyyyy

The classic level unlocks are disappointing. It is still the same level and textures from the doom.wad. I have played them to death and have no interest in playing them again. I was hoping they would be levels rebuilt with new graphics and shit. Looks like we are only going to get a lame attempt from snapmap.

Zemini said:

The classic level unlocks are disappointing. It is still the same level and textures from the doom.wad. I have played them to death and have no interest in playing them again. I was hoping they would be levels rebuilt with new graphics and shit. Looks like we are only going to get a lame attempt from snapmap.

The snap map one looked kinda shitty. It was shown for like 2 seconds in a video

Yes it looked very shitty. I hope we see them as mini expansion/DLC packs in the future.

Voros said:

My analysis:

Exploration based maps-> Non linearity Abstract design hidden behind realistic room/models

Close estimate-> HacX-like maps HacX map timing on first try->varied, 10-60 minutes

id software's timing of campaign->13 hours/780 minutes

Estimated maps-> 780/10(highest), 780/60(lowest)

Conclusion: -78 maps if maps are small. -13 maps if maps are large.
(+-10 maps)

this entire fucking post. Fucking lordie.

Give me them 30 Maps, and two secret maps, and I'm all set. :D

Kidding, I don't mind about 17 levels at the very least, but I think the very best would be 8 levels that are large.

13 hours of gameplay = around 20 maps I would say. The first map will be short but after that I can't see the maps taking more than 30-45 minutes to complete each.

In the streams they played each map for about 14 minutes and it was probably more than 60-70% of the map base from the map screen.

Spoiler

What we know so far from official released information.
1. Intro Level
2. Resource Operations
3. Foundry
?. Lazarus Labs
?. E3 Hell
?. Titan's Realm from SP stream
?. Final Hell Level

That would be at least 7.

Zemini said:

13 hours of gameplay = around 20 maps I would say. The first map will be short but after that I can't see the maps taking more than 30-45 minutes to complete each.

In the streams they played each map for about 14 minutes and it was probably more than 60-70% of the map base from the map screen.

Spoiler

What we know so far from official released information.
1. Intro Level
2. Resource Operations
3. Foundry
?. Lazarus Labs
?. E3 Hell
?. Titan's Realm from SP stream
?. Final Hell Level

That would be at least 7.

Spoiler

Intro
ResOPS
Foundry
Argent Tower
BFG Division
Blood Keep A
Blood Keep B
Blood Keep C
Lazarus Labs
Polar Core
Surface 1
Surface 2
The UAC
Titan

Foundry has so many mission objectives that we might revisit that one/it might work as some kind of hub. Regarding the known Voice Over, Argent Tower could as well be revisited, as well as maybe Polar Core.

Spoiler

Most of that has been datamined from the beta. Therefore we can't assume that to be gospel for level count. It still has E3 imps and older monster models in it as well.

In other words; it is outdated and very incomplete. But it is a good blueprint of what we might see.

I am fine if the game has us revisiting area's. A Metroid Doom game would be ideal imo

I completely agree.

But regarding the hit/miss ratio of the past datamining, I still think we are quite close regarding assumptions from beta to what we will get. And for me, I am totally excited to get so many different environments to visit, as it seems like they didn't take the same "theme" and made two or three maps out of it, but rather one big one.

I think we won't be dissapointed regarding map number and variety.

The E3 imps were in the beta? Huh, my guess is the multiplayer previews were developed concurrently to the main game and they only merged updated assets that they needed specifically for the previews. Makes you wonder why they didn't rip/dummy that stuff out, but I guess they didn't want to use time better spent elsewhere.

Jaxxoon R said:

The E3 imps were in the beta? Huh, my guess is the multiplayer previews were developed concurrently to the main game and they only merged updated assets that they needed specifically for the previews. Makes you wonder why they didn't rip/dummy that stuff out, but I guess they didn't want to use time better spent elsewhere.

Actually, the Beta looked similar to the Alpha, considering I DID get to play the Alpha. Hmm, I'm guessing they took assets from the final product and slapped It In on the Alpha. I could be wrong though.

My guess Is as good as yours.

Usually beta and alpha builds are completely built separately from the main game. Assets are imported into it when needed. That looks too be the case for the Doom Alpha/Beta build since there is STILL a lot of old outdated content in it.

The original doom had 9 levels per episode. That would make for 27 levels, which was still alot for the game.

The new Doom has 13+ hours of content. I'm sure we'll get 20 - 27 levels worth.