Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest MIND

12 days seems like an eternity. What are you most excited about?

SnapMap; I know the stream had some strange maps but I wonder what I could do with it and all the possibilities! I'm...also kinda interested in the prefabs even if classic Doom's way of level design is very different than limited prefabs.

I'm most excited about the Snapmap and Multiplayer (Deathmatch) Doom 4 has to offer.

I'm excited, very much looking forward to rocking through this campaign, it looks like a lot of love and care went into it. (I loved the MP too, and SnapMap looks great, so I'm excited all around)

We are at 10 days now!

Most excited about SnapMap and bitching about what I can't do on the official forums.

Man, 9 days left. And I'm still trying to not get a erection for this just yet.

If this game fails, Marty Stratton might go Insane, literally. After a few years of work and the game gets flooded with bad reviews, he might go batshit Insane due to not sleeping well.

(I'm kidding, the game will live up to It's hype and Marty will finally get the rest he deserves until a Quake reboot gets made).

TheLastOttoman said:

Pro-tip: stop thinking about Doom and 12 days will pass before you know.

But I can't! Every other game just reminds me that I want to play Doom and I find myself watching the stream again. :(

TheWizard said:

I'm mostly excited about curb stomping, blasting off limbs, raining shrapnel, smashing faces into retinal scanners, yelling at my monitor "WHERE THE FUCK IS THE RED KEY", humping walls and finding secrets.

Y'know, Doom stuff.

The red key is in the glove compartment, along with road maps and the ice scrubber.

Still surprises me no one noticed that the Mancubus and Pinky designs look similar to their DOOM 64 counterparts.

Take out one of the N64 Mancubus' eyeballs out and put on some armor like skin on the N64 Pinky and you get their DOOM 2016 counterparts.

Tritnew said:

Still surprises me no one noticed that the Mancubus and Pinky designs look similar to their DOOM 64 counterparts.

I'm sorry, I do not see the resemblance :(

Buckshot said:

It's fine. :V

for some reason they just remind me of the DOOM 64 enemies, I mean. The Mancubus' armor In the way Is similar to the N64 counterpart, somewhat. It's not entirely there, but the E3 Mancubus model totally looks like the N64 model In some sense.

And the Pinky Is basically If the N64's model was more hunched over, had yellow eyes, and If It's skin had some bits of armor-like stuff.

Ironhound said:

But I can't! Every other game just reminds me that I want to play Doom and I find myself watching the stream again. :(

Hahaha, funny I read this. I say this every time I start any game with friends lately :D

Buckshot said:

Neither do I, especially with mancubus.

As for what I am most excited about, singlplayer campaign is on top with Snapmap following close after. I both can't wait to sink my own teeth into Snapmap, an to see what kind of crazy things established mappers are going to do with it.

Neutrino said:

As for what I am most excited about, singlplayer campaign is on top with Snapmap following close after. I both can't wait to sink my own teeth into Snapmap, an to see what kind of crazy things established mappers are going to do with it.

For the Mancubus it could likely be the way the head looks along with the chest armor/technology it has implanted on it. Though the belly and legs give me a more classic vibe.

Not quite sure on the pinky demon as that one seems like a nice mix of the n64 and classic versions.

Neutrino said:

It's just me I suppose, the death animations are similar though, where the only thing left Is their spines.