Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

The Confessional Booth

That's right, one for non-Doom things. Fess up about stuff you want to get off your chest to a bunch of Doom nerds. Did you steal candy from a baby? Did you spend over 24 hours straight playing WoW? Did you just generally do something, either severe or minor, that you regret or want to vent about? Tell us here.

I'll start: I got breakfast this morning and the girl at the other counter was singing beautifully for brief moments here and there. I wanted to tell her she should sing on a professional level, but I didn't want her to get the impression I was flirting, so I let it be. I regret that, I had a chance to brighten another person's day at no expense to myself and passed it up.

Any other takers?

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I'm a furry and I hate most furries. I'm sure that was obvious, but still.

I suck at dealing with people so I think very often I appear rude when I don't intend to. Then of course I regret it and it ruins my mood for hours, or sometimes much more (the most embarassing moments can come up in my mind even years after they happened). It can be as simple as my neighbor saying something friendly when they see me and then I have this shyness attack and all I can do is mumble something incoherently and walk by... Well, I guess the only way to get better at talking is to socialize more, but to be able to socialize I need to get better at talking, but...

Also in communication I often act very impulsively, like even here on Doomworld I do a lot of stuff I regret almost immediately after, like commenting on people's maps in rude and unnecessarily negative ways, making trollish snarky remarks, etc.

Between my inability to formulate comebacks and a stammer, I find talking difficult sometimes. I prefer just to stay silent unless someone engages me first.

I have like four different copies of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time that I've accumulated over the years, and I've never gotten more than a third through the game.

Fisk said:

I'm a furry and I hate most furries. I'm sure that was obvious, but still.

Pedro VC said:

I hate furries

Oh shit.

I once made a joke New Years Resolution to go rub one out in my neighbor's house. My best friend was there, and told me there's no way I'd do it.

Five minutes later, a sixteen year old TraceOfSpades went and knocked on his neighbor's door..."My bathroom is broken. May I use yours?"

Yup.

I enjoy pet sites and adoptable games. I'm active on two, and on one of them I'm even an official artist.

I also have a collection of over 200 MIDIs on my phone, some of which are objectively pretty bad (I'm looking at you, Limp Bizkit midis) but I unironically enjoy them anyway. So much for presenting myself as a metalhead. I mean I love metal too, but yeah.

Hmm.. is there a clothing style for MIDIheads? Should I invent one?

Confession?Don't guess I really have one....except for I really enjoy reading a lot of posts here.Some of them get me laughing pretty hard.

kuchitsu said:

Also in communication I often act very impulsively, like even here on Doomworld I do a lot of stuff I regret almost immediately after, like commenting on people's maps in rude and unnecessarily negative ways, making trollish snarky remarks, etc.

That happens to me quite often. When i'm bored i often just want to behave like a moron for no reason. But hey, behaving like an idiot is quite funny sometimes. Atleast to me it seems funny.

More than a half of the games that i play, i don't beat. In fact, there're tons of games that i started playing like 10-20 times, but never finishes them..

I like writing in unusual, "retarded" style. For example, making deliberate mistakes, putting 's' where it shouldn't be put (look at the paragraph above), unusual word choices, unusual sentence structure and etc, i also now have a trend to write the word 'I' with lower case, because i disrespect my self..

And i also dislike the country and the city where i live.

my first job was a pyramid scheme in wich i had to scam people into enrolling into an absurdly expensive speed reading program you could get from the internet for free. i was desperate for a source of income and i convinced myself i was doing something good, but in the back of my mind i knew it was bullshit. when i watch videos about scienthology or other shitty cults like that i am instantly reminded of that place. you would get payed by commision and if you failed to reach your daily goal the next day you and your team would be shamed in front of all your coworkers. i feel so stupid for having spent half a year in that shitty place enduring that kind of bullying and i also think i am a bad person for tryign to bully people who where in a worse situation than me into forking out all the money they had thinking they were getting something that would give their children a better future. at least i was super bad at my job so i did not dupe to many people, but i still think a lot about this. heck they had me so convinced that i felt like a loser for quitting the place even years later. needless to say i am deeply stupid

I have anger issues. I do my best to keep it away from everyone and I joke about it a lot, but it's colored my entire worldview. People ask me why I'm always so angry and I can't help but wonder why the fuck they're not.

ChekaAgent said:

I like writing in unusual, "retarded" style.

Hah me too. I think for me it comes from Elma Online, where some people speak in broken English and invent new words just because they don't know how to say something, and it kind of influences everyone else. So now there is a lot of funny slang, people saying "goed" instead of "went", etc. It's a pretty unique community. My recent favorite invention is "prelast", which is a more logical way to sey "penultimate".

I'm a good artist--photography, video, music production, illustration, design, cartoons, etc.--but I'm a bad businessman, which is unfortunate because I run a home business. I've made about 40 bucks this year while my partner and my old man financially support my efforts. As such I live a meager life, trying to spend little while getting my income beyond slave wages.

I like jRPGs but hate anime. There are quite a lot of anime elements in those games, but I never was a fan of the drawing style.

Sometimes I get so angered I start breaking shit around me in frustration.

I didn't properly read the thread title and for a moment thought that it was the Doom Confessional Booth and Doomworld was teetering on the verge of a collective breakdown.

purist said:

I didn't properly read the thread title and for a moment thought that it was the Doom Confessional Booth and Doomworld was teetering on the verge of a collective breakdown.

It seems to get a bit nuttier over time.

As a kid, I was kind of an evil little bastard. I would insult people (sometimes without knowing it), I would rebel at almost anything in some fashion, and when I got mad, I'd punch people in the groin. Sometimes for no reason. All of this when my parents weren't looking.

Thankfully that didn't last long, and thankfully it wasn't a huge problem.

purist said:

Not that it hasn't happened before or anything :P

I only ever played through all of Doom 2 for the GBA (on emulator).

I recently played a bunch of Doom 2 maps single player for the first time in years, and it was a very interesting experience. I discovered some new places and triggers I wasn't aware of, and in general a lot of stuff was surprising and different from what I remembered since childhood.

Piper Maru said:

I confess that sometimes I like eat to shredded cheese right out the bag.

That's not that bad, I lick the insides of microwave popcorn bags

I threw away my job at Re-logic and a large chunk of a possible future due to my personal morals being stronger than my desire to get somewhere in life