Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

New archvile is sexy

So it seems there's a purplish sort of hue going on with some of the enemies. Looks very much like the archvile is somehow related to the imp. It has an almost androgynous quality which is very interesting.

I don't know, to me it looks awful, especially the disproportioned legs (edit: well, i mean hips, yea) and wtf-looking head..

The scream in the archvile shots in the trailer seemed somewhat feminine. This does retain the alien look of what made original so great. But the original archvile also sounded very alien, I just hope this doesn't end up being one of those annoying screaming monsters that many apocalyptic/hellish games have.

Ugghhh if they would get rid of the crest on the head and make ot flesh colored this would be perfect.

TraceOfSpades said:

Ugghhh if they would get rid of the crest on the head and make ot flesh colored this would be perfect.

But I like that. It looks like a fleshy crown, like some kind of hell bishop.

It has that "Muhahahaha" evil doer feel to It, I guess that's why It's called the Archvile, huh?

Though, If you want a sexy Archvile.

Hue hue.

Seriously though, that new design looks great. Now we wait for The Pain Elemental.

Which they probably removed btw.

GoatLord said:

So it seems there's a purplish sort of hue going on with some of the enemies. Looks very much like the archvile is somehow related to the imp. It has an almost androgynous quality which is very interesting.

http://i.imgur.com/QKmuhrm.jpg

ive seen the future

you're not in it

TraceOfSpades said:

Yes, how DARE they not make it look JUST LIKE the original. NuDoom is ruined.

I actually like the fact it kind of looks like it's wearing some clergyman hat. It's like an Evil Bishop.

GoatLord said:

He's pretty hot, yeah! Well according to the leaked Enemie Codex thingies all ArchViles were Imps. ArchViles are the last stage of an Imp or something like that.
EDIT: Here's what the Codex Info thingie says about him: Anatomical study of the Arch-Vile suggests that it is a highly evolved sub-genus of the Imp form

LANEGRACABRA said:

The scream in the archvile shots in the trailer seemed somewhat feminine. This does retain the alien look of what made original so great. But the original archvile also sounded very alien, I just hope this doesn't end up being one of those annoying screaming monsters that many apocalyptic/hellish games have.

From the Final Level video, it is one of those screamer monsters.

GoatLord said:

It looks MUCH better in action then the original mode leak had me believe. Sounds pretty good too.

I'm not watching the trailer, but I gotta ask, do we know for sure this is the Archvile?
There's a new Summoner enemy according to the Game Informer preview, although that was supposedly cult-like in appearance.

They tweaked the model and texture since the leak. For example, they shortened it's fingers. I still don't really care for the crest on it's head, though.

Too bad none of the modern Archviles retain it's hollowed-out abdomen like the original sprite had.

too much alien in his face, actually other monster are abit alienish and not much demonish to me, not sure if i like this...

Amph said:

too much alien in his face, actually other monster are abit alienish and not much demonish to me, not sure if i like this...

They're either too middle-earth or too alien.

Amph said:

The original Archvile was literally as close as you could get to an alien in a DOOM game, so I have no fucking clue what you're complaining about.

Is it just me or is there a sense that the Archvile seems more intelligent than the other demons generally? Something about it. Probably because it has a wizardish style of attack. Aside from its thighs of steel, it's actually pretty slim.

Interesting design. I like the original more but this is cool too. Something different, and not totally goofy. I agree with the "hell bishop" comparison. Curious to see how it plays in game.

nxGangrel said:

I think its waist should be thinner. Just sayin'

#screwyourbeautystandards

(rofl)

I dig the design overall, waiting to see his in-game behavior. Only a few days now!