Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMGUY_GODMODE

Theory for new DOOM Story

In the new DOOM the DOOMGUY seems to be an ancient human
like in DOOM3. if you've played DOOM3 at the end you find ancient tablets that tell a story of an ancient civilization
saved by an ancient warrior DOOMGUY and in the 2016 DOOM, DOOMGUY is an ancient warrior. i know this is
a reboot to DOOM1 but what if at the same time it's a sequel like DOOM3?
Story will problably be DOOM1, DOOM2, DOOM3 and DOOM 2016.

You're actually the same marine you were in DOOM 1/2, reliving a nightmare over and over, trapped forever in your own psyches eternal hell.

Wild speculation? Or fact? You'll find out in 7 days. ;)

To me It's a continuation of DOOM 64, since DOOM 64 In a way Is a continuation or unofficial continuation to DOOM II, remember when Doomguy vowed to stay In Hell for eternity to ensure no demon comes out again?

And since the UAC was researching Hell and It's demons for weapon use (and are a overall cult In general), they very much possibly found Doomguy's tomb, and they locked him away In a room deep under the base. Eventually, Pierce lets the demons out and the Invasion starts, and Doomguy awakens once again, something she feared. And he's back to kicking ass.

About Samuel Hayden though, and since Doomguy (or Doomslayer In this case) Is getting looked upon by Samuel as he's laying down In something (Doomguy I mean), It might just be a mystery for now.

All I know Is, from the leaks It might be a continuation to DOOM 64. Pierce Is afraid of Doomguy, Samuel somehow knows Doomguy. It could be that the UAC has known about Doomguy's past.

Anyways, It's all a mystery till we get the game In our hands.

My theory:

Doom 64 is the very ancient past.

Doom 3 and expansions happened, and then were covered up the UAC/government.

Doom 2016 takes place a hundred years after Doom 3.

Classic Doom/Doom 2 haven't happened yet.

At least that is how I would of done it.

Zemini said:

My theory:

Doom 64 is the very ancient past.

Doom 3 and expansions happened, and then were covered up the UAC/government.

Doom 2016 takes place a hundred years after Doom 3.

Classic Doom/Doom 2 haven't happened yet.

At least that is how I would of done it.

Here's how I do It:

DOOM 1 > DOOM 2 > DOOM 64 > DOOM 3 > DOOM 2016

At first impression I thought it was a retelling of the Doom 3 Martian storyline, but I think it's the original Doomguy waking up in another universe. Perhaps he's forced to go through Groundhog day but only with demons. I absolutely love Doom 64 but I'm not sure if the developers have even acknowledged it's existence. It's not as well known as the other Doom games.

Piper Maru said:

At first impression I thought it was a retelling of the Doom 3 Martian storyline, but I think it's the original Doomguy waking up in another universe. Perhaps he's forced to go through Groundhog day but only with demons. I absolutely love Doom 64 but I'm not sure if the developers have even acknowledged it's existence. It's not as well known as the other Doom games.

I think the devs know about Doom 64... why else would the Mancubus's death animation in the campaign stream remind me of its death animation with the spine sticking up?

Or why else would some of the demons look like they were ripped straight out of Doom 64?

Why else would Hell remind me of Doom 64's Hell? I think it's pretty obvious at least some of the developers played Doom 64 and probably showed it to the higher-ups and convinced them it'd be a good idea to make a Doom 64 sequel and call it "Doom".

But eh, I guess it's just wishful thinking.

Buckshot said:

"Those who do not learn history are 'doom'ed to repeat it."

That would be an awesome tagline!

My Theory:

Doom 1, Doom 2, and TNT / Plutonia (Including canon classic WADS) already happened and Doomguy is put in stasis by UAC.

Eventually everything clears up on Earth and things are back to normal. Hell clears out, and Humanity is restored.

Doom 3 takes place, this time on Mars because it's 2 moons are fucked. The Marine you see in that game has nothing to do with Doomguy and is another separate character.

Speed up a few decades, and things are cleaned up on Mars. They re-establish bases on Mars, and they re-discover hell.

Doom (2016) happens 100 years after Classic Doom, where Doomguy is revived and kills demons again because the exec's at UAC are retarded.

I made it very simple because the game's story is something that was tacked on. It's more about fighting satanic hellspawn, not really about story.

Cyanosis said:

That would be an awesome tagline!

Heh. I'd really wish they'd update the "On may 13th, fight like hell" to something like "On may 13th, we'll see you in hell"

My theory was Doom 1 and 2 happened, Doom 64 was the followup which ended with Doomguy entombed in a chamber after deciding to stay in Hell. Doom 3 happened hundreds of years later with the ancient Martians and teleportation being the old UAC and the Chamber of the Hero housing the original Doomguy. Finally, the new NEW UAC in Doom 2016 find the tomb, unearth it, and then eventually reactivate it to kill the demons once more.

So it's like an endless repeating cycle of Doomguys beating Hell's ass. And this time, Hell acknowledges his badassery and shits their pants in his presence.

gameragodzilla said:

My theory was Doom 1 and 2 happened, Doom 64 was the followup which ended with Doomguy entombed in a chamber after deciding to stay in Hell. Doom 3 happened hundreds of years later with the ancient Martians and teleportation being the old UAC and the Chamber of the Hero housing the original Doomguy. Finally, the new NEW UAC in Doom 2016 find the tomb, unearth it, and then eventually reactivate it to kill the demons once more.

So it's like an endless repeating cycle of Doomguys beating Hell's ass. And this time, Hell acknowledges his badassery and shits their pants in his presence.

Yep.

And before anyone would say "no company of that size would make such a colossal mistake twice!"... let me remind you of jurassic park and jurassic world. They indeed made the same mistake. Twice.

And the same T-Rex had to save the day... Twice.

Actually I would have preferred with the direction that Doomguy died all the way back in the first episode in the original Doom and he's been in hell eversince and also every wad & megawad we've ever created is Doomguy still in Hell fighting demons which Hell manifests as different worlds but with the same demons (only except in ZDoom wads).

And Doom 4's storyline is where the UAC finally captured his undead soul and experimenting on it....

Jannak said:

Actually I would have preferred with the direction that Doomguy died all the way back in the first episode in the original Doom and he's been in hell eversince and also every wad & megawad we've ever created is Doomguy still in Hell fighting demons which Hell manifests as different worlds but with the same demons (only except in ZDoom wads).

And Doom 4's storyline is where the UAC finally captured his undead soul and experimenting on it....

I'm going with the DOOM 64 thing.

First encounter in "1993"

(Doomguy fends off demons on Phobos, Deimos and Hell, then returns to Earth)

Second encounter in "1994"

(Doomguy fends off demons on Earth then Hell, and the UAC is impressed)

Third encounter in "1996-1997"

(Doomguy is ordered to fend off demons from the abandoned moon bases again, because the UAC knows he can fight them)

Fourth encounter in "2016"

(Doomguy turned Doomslayer due to the amount of time spent in Hell. UAC records shows a Marine who fought the demons then went MIA. Only Samuel knows Doomslayer is that Marine, so he releases Doomslayer to fight one more time)

Third and a half encounter

(In another reality, another Marine has the same problem and fights back as much as possible)

Second and a half encounter

(In two other realities, there is a Marine who has different demon situations, but the same problem, and fends off. In one reality, Hell is merciless. In another, Hell approaches from space.)

Third and three-fourths encounter

(Same crap, different time, different guy, different place, same problem)

Buckshot said:

Heh. I'd really wish they'd update the "On may 13th, fight like hell" to something like "On may 13th, we'll see you in hell"

That's actually more catchy. I like that.

My theory:

-Ancient civilization hero defeats Hell

-2145: Doom 3, ROE and The Lost Mission. Classic Doomguy doesnt even exist yet. All UAC facilities sealed.

-Decades Later: Doom 1 and Doom 2. All UAC facilities sealed again.

-A couple of years later: Hell re-invades Mars and its moons. Doomguy is sent to one of
the sealed facilities. The military list Doomguy as MIA.

-Centuries later: Doomguys tomb is found in hell. He is resurrected/woken up and chained, in case of another hell invasion.

You guys are seriously overthinking this. This is just the same old Doom story as in the original but with a few tweaks and differences. lol at the people who think this is taking place after Doom 3.

hardcore_gamer said:

You guys are seriously overthinking this. This is just the same old Doom story as in the original but with a few tweaks and differences. lol at the people who think this is taking place after Doom 3.

hardcore_gamer said:

I sort of agree with this. With what's been shown and leaked it only seems like the Doom marine is some golem/humanoid being with no connection whatsoever to the original franchise or Doom 3. The out of context "you've returned" line in the trailer is just a joke aimed at OG Doom players.

But I won't complain if the storyline pulls a Wolfenstein: TNO and says all the past games happened.

Voros said:

First encounter in "1993"

(Doomguy fends off demons on Phobos, Deimos and Hell, then returns to Earth)

Second encounter in "1994"

(Doomguy fends off demons on Earth then Hell, and the UAC is impressed)

Third encounter in "1996-1997"

(Doomguy is ordered to fend off demons from the abandoned moon bases again, because the UAC knows he can fight them)

Fourth encounter in "2016"

(Doomguy turned Doomslayer due to the amount of time spent in Hell. UAC records shows a Marine who fought the demons then went MIA. Only Samuel knows Doomslayer is that Marine, so he releases Doomslayer to fight one more time)

Third and a half encounter

(In another reality, another Marine has the same problem and fights back as much as possible)

Second and a half encounter

(In two other realities, there is a Marine who has different demon situations, but the same problem, and fends off. In one reality, Hell is merciless. In another, Hell approaches from space.)

Third and three-fourths encounter

(Same crap, different time, different guy, different place, same problem)

Guess that means doomslayer is the alpha doomguy. In a sense the ranger from the slipgate incident may be another version of doomguy or it maybe is him, just not fighting hell now but cosmic horrors as well.

I'm sleep deprived, and I'm tired, I'll go to bed after this post, but I came up with something. I noticed that Doomguy wakes up In a tomb, It has demonic markings on It and such, and to me, I'm VERY SURE they're aware of DOOM 64 and now they're treating It as a main game In the series, I suppose, and not as a spin-off (I mean, the Mancubus has the same death as his N64 counterpart here), Hell looks and feels like DOOM 64. And now It looks like the demons are actually SCARED of Doomguy, like they realized how powerful he Is.

So, It Is just me, or Is this DOOM a continuation of DOOM 64 despite It being a reboot of the first, I know I said It In my other posts on here, but now I've just thought about It.

Correct me If I'm wrong here.

What was the thing again with Doom 64? Doomguy decided to stay in hell to make sure the demons wouldn't attack again. Then he married a sexy succubus, they had cute human/demon halfbreed children, he made friends with some other demons. And after he died they buried him in a classy tomb. I don't remember all that from Doom 64.

Doom -> Doom 2 -> Final Doom(?) -> Doom 64 -> Doom (2016) -> ?

I could see Doom being set in the late 21st Century due to the basic plasma weapons, Beretta M9 Pistol, Wooden Shotguns, and somewhat Early 21st wall textures (actual base design doesn't count due to Doom 1 and 2's nature as an Abstract arthouse due to the tech at the time)

Don't be surprised if TNO and Wolfenstein are made canon, and Doomguy is the descendant of Blazkowicz (Actually be pretty cool and as a reference to the final mission in the Spear of Destiny with the Angel of Death)

Tritnew said:

I'm sleep deprived, and I'm tired, I'll go to bed after this post, but I came up with something. I noticed that Doomguy wakes up In a tomb, It has demonic markings on It and such, and to me, I'm VERY SURE they're aware of DOOM 64 and now they're treating It as a main game In the series, I suppose, and not as a spin-off (I mean, the Mancubus has the same death as his N64 counterpart here), Hell looks and feels like DOOM 64. And now It looks like the demons are actually SCARED of Doomguy, like they realized how powerful he Is.

So, It Is just me, or Is this DOOM a continuation of DOOM 64 despite It being a reboot of the first, I know I said It In my other posts on here, but now I've just thought about It.

Correct me If I'm wrong here.

I agree! This is EXACTLY what I've been saying man! :D

This is a sequel to Doom 64 IMHO.

Anyway, @Tetzlaff

How do you know? I mean what about if he just happened to marry a sexy half-human half-demon babe named Crash and they had kids and Oh wait this isn't canon... or is it? ;)

Classy tomb? Ah, I guess that part is debatable. To me it looks like an ancient tomb and he's beginning to wake up after being buried in one because he was so powerful that Hell itself had to seal him.

XLightningStormL said:

Don't be surprised if TNO and Wolfenstein are made canon, and Doomguy is the descendant of Blazkowicz (Actually be pretty cool and as a reference to the final mission in the Spear of Destiny with the Angel of Death)

I'm still very sure they're gonna make TNO canon and the UAC are actually space nazis... Don't forget about all the posters in TNO that mentioned Mars being the next place to go for the nazis. The Doom Slayer idea would fit right in with The Old Blood's supernatural stuff.

I don't know what kind of explanation they will give you in-game for having Doomguy waking up inside of a rock monolith, but from an outside perpective it looks like symbolism. Like they're saying "Yeah, we're taking this ancient fossil of a game and making it COOL again!"
What I'm more curious about is the robot man with the sword and Olivia. Is she just gonna be a female Betruger or...?