Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

quick and dirty sky textures /w mspaint and irfanview

Not great, but its a start.

Oops! I skipped a step.

Step 13.5 select only the airbrushed selection from the image in MS Paint, paste it in Irfanview. Go to Step 14.

Wow, amazing job! I always thought that MSPaint is completely useless. And i didn't know about irfanview..

It's a very light weight photo editing utility. Mostly good for recoloring and resizing. There are other programs that do the same thing too, but I use irfanview.

Cool, this should be useful for me as a sort of guideline for making skies.

Steps 10 and 11 don't seem to exist, by the way :P

Hmmm. Works for me. Well if you still cant see it: from Step 9, scale the image down from 300x600 to 24x80, then scale it up to 512x256. (the purpose of scaling it down then up again is to blur the graininess of the MS Paint airbrush tool so it blends with the clouds.)

Ok, the image loaded on my ipad but not on my computer for some reason. Anyways, thank you!

Neat. I've done a lot of stuff in MS paint until I switched to Windows 7 and found the new Paint to be worse. I found out how to rotate images by less than 90 degrees. I circumvented the lack of layers through multiple files and that transparent color feature. I made toy chaingun sprites and a weird Mayhem 2013 titlepic using only MS paint and a program for putting watermarks on photos. And then there was recoloring images via the RPG Maker's monster recolor feature. I was surprised enough that I was not the only one who thought of that.

Nice technique 40oz. It's cool how really blurry cloud images often end up looking a lot better when you paletize them, just from the colour banding that comes with using a paletted image.

A while ago you posted a picture of a mountain and said you had a good method for making them. Any chance of posting something like that? I'm fine with manipulating photos but I've been wanting to make more graphics by hand, so that they don't all have that "obviously a photo edit" look to them.