Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

ITT: Alternate Universe Doom

TurboBr0 said:

Goddamnit, another annual recycled doom trash game? And now they're putting Commander Keen Remastered with the $100 bundle? Ugh, just gonna pirate it anyway for the campaign.

Btw, whos excited for the upcoming reboot of Call of Duty?

It's about fucking time I cant wait for more door breach sequences and some british asshole whispering and telling me when to make my shots while I hide in bushes.

HellVain said:

Theyre rebooting call of duty?! Awesome!! Finally!

Im not to excited about it. Every screenshot has this puke green filter, and rumor has it that they replaced the weapon loadouts for weapon pickups... Ugh

DMPhobos said:

Im not to excited about it. Every screenshot has this puke green filter, and rumor has it that they replaced the weapon loadouts for weapon pickups... Ugh

Are you? I...I cant even.

DMPhobos said:

I heard the multiplayer is super fast paced too, what the hell is that stupid bullshit? Everyone knows humans can't really run that fast! These devs sure are getting desperate huh?

Microsoft bought ID Software 1995:

1996: Quake gets a release and is used to promote Windows 95 as an gaming platform. John Romero leaves ID Software.
1998: Quake II gets the same treatment, this one is for Windows 98.
2003: Doom 3 becomes a killer app for the first XBox.
2004: Doom 3 PC port released.
2006: Doom 4 becomes a killer app for the XBox 360. John Carmack Leaves ID Software.
2008: Quake III is released for Windows 7 and the XBox 360.
2010: Doom 3 BFG Edition for the X360 is released.
1996-2014:Trough the years Wolfenstein and Commander Keen are developed by 3rd party developers for All Microsoft consoles.
2014: Doom 5 is released for the XBOne.
2016: Doom (reboot) is being released on the XBOne.

Bungie becomes a subsidiary of EA. They release Halo for all known platforms and become successful. Call of Duty never gets past Modern Warfare 1 due to the popularity of Doom and Halo. John Romero gets an 'Cease and Desist' From MS to get him stop promoting himself as the creator of Doom and Quake.

Wait, there's a COD reboot?! Why didn't anyone tell me? In my opinion, COD beats DOOM, COD Is a classic and If It weren't for DOOM, the whole FPS genre wouldn't be cancer like It Is now.

Are you people really going to spend 60 bucks on this blatant rip-off of Brewtal DuM?

I heard Doom 12 was going to be released next year, with the battle taking place on pluto. Along with re-adding the demon survival mode from Doom 5 with like 3 dlcs.

TheLastOttoman said:

Microsoft bought ID Software 1995:

1996: Quake gets a release and is used to promote Windows 95 as an gaming platform. John Romero leaves ID Software.
1998: Quake II gets the same treatment, this one is for Windows 98.
2003: Doom 3 becomes a killer app for the first XBox.
2004: Doom 3 PC port released.
2006: Doom 4 becomes a killer app for the XBox 360. John Carmack Leaves ID Software.
2008: Quake III is released for Windows 7 and the XBox 360.
2010: Doom 3 BFG Edition for the X360 is released.
1996-2014:Trough the years Wolfenstein and Commander Keen are developed by 3rd party developers for All Microsoft consoles.
2014: Doom 5 is released for the XBOne.
2016: Doom (reboot) is being released on the XBOne.

Bungie becomes a subsidiary of EA. They release Halo for all known platforms and become successful. Call of Duty never gets past Modern Warfare 1 due to the popularity of Doom and Halo. John Romero gets an 'Cease and Desist' From MS to get him stop promoting himself as the creator of Doom and Quake.

You forgot to mention RAGE.

What a masterpiece that was, everyone loved it.

Man, I really hope the new COD lives up to our ezpectations. Can't stand another one of those Doom games. Seriously, theyre literally just re-using old cinematic cutscenes, lazy id bastards.

What's this? A Skeleton In armor?! Clearly they took the design from a character In Call of Duty 3: Moderntale Warhell named Papyrus.

Those bastards.

I won't play this closed-minded game until the Lunar Silver Star characters DLC comes out. I refuse to play as the nazi terrorist Doom Man. Also, why is the game so FUCKING fast? It's not a marathon. I.D. Softworks has no idea what there doing.

mordecai32 said:

You forgot to mention RAGE.

What a masterpiece that was, everyone loved it.

I didn't forget Rage. Id Software did not get a greenlight on Rage from Microsoft.

^^ You also got the name wrong, It's Activision Software and the name of the game Is called Mad Max, and It was quite the best seller In the Xbox Marketplace.

Microsoft confirmed BFG will be a 800 microsoft points DLC.
Meh... i will keep playing Doom 3 on YDoom source port...

What? Disappearing bodies? Please, that was a highlight In Call of Doom: Modern Hellwars 2.0, this "DOOM" Is clearly trying to get as amazing as Call of Doom.

So I managed to snag an early copy from my local EB Games, I went down to place a pre-order but they insisted that it was release day and that I had to take a copy home, so I did. I'm not complaining (yet) though. It was cool at the time to have an early copy of the game.

Well... Bad news... I got about an hour and a half into it and, no joke, it turns into a fucking terry WAD. I was just about to enter the alpha labs, which required me taking a teleporter to them but it teleported me instead to a big room shaped like a penis on the automap (which is found in the terry room) and there were these weird enemies screaming shit at me like "I'M COMING FOR YOUR ASS" or "GET READY TO BE FUCKED BITCHBOY". I'm pretty sure they were the voices of the Bethesda CEO and Marty Stratton. I think a saw a recent photo of John Romero as one of the enemies too...

Basically - stay away from Doom 4 guys. It's just another Terry wad...

I truly hope they have some more content which we can buy afterwards, and maybe just download?

I hate it when Devs simply put their feet on the table and call it quits after "completing" a game. They never think of us players, who want more! Selfish bastards!

SnapMap will be getting paid updates, ranging from $2-$20. Can't wait for that one time offer $25 skins packs mentioned earlier!

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I thought they said they're going to release free snapmap updates .

Not in this universe...not in this...

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I thought they said they're going to release free snapmap updates .

No.

But they will give free updates on new campaigns!

alternate universes:
- doom // quake
- doom // halo
- doom // fallout

You guys ready to play DOOD?

Can't wait to see what they done to the game, despite It still looking reverse as ever.

I heard the Japanese version of Doom 2 is insanely hard. The version we got here was some re-skin of some other obscure Japanese game. The new doom looks good though, we get a complete 3d version of doom this time, and a super doom maker.

I recently saw an advert of Doom outside a public bathroom. Literally.