Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

My thoughts about what we've seen so far

Like everyone knows, Many monsters in the new Doom were re-designed to look better, We don't know yet all the monsters of the New game very well but i'm a bit worried about their attacks , It seemed like the Devs forgot about the Original monsters attacks and what made them challengin .

I like how each monster got new move/attack but i haven't yet seen all of the older Attacks like the Revenant homing misseles, And let's not mention the absence of some other enemies like the Chaingunner .

For Multiplayer i think everything is perfect so far However i didn't like the Loadouts thing very much, i liked Doom Deathmatches because they used to be much more challenging allowing players to look for the weapons by themselves, I don't mind if they keep them but they should at least remove some weapons like Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle and Vortex Rifle ... etc

I know SnapMap will allow us to modify some of multiplayer aspects i mentioned but still i'd love to see them in default modes/maps

For SnapMap i'm not very worried about Limitations but i'm still a bit confused will it have prefabs for Hell/Mars themed levels ? And will it allow us to modify the default game levels ?

The revenants do have homing rockets. Watch gamespots hell gameplay. The revenant has an alternate fire which fires 5 small rockets which homes at you and the main attack , the classic rocket, can be seen on muñtiplayer and singleplayer.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Like everyone knows, Many monsters in the new Doom were re-designed to look better, We don't know yet all the monsters of the New game very well but i'm a bit worried about their attacks , It seemed like the Devs forgot about the Original monsters attacks and what made them challengin .

I like how each monster got new move/attack but i haven't yet seen all of the older Attacks like the Revenant homing misseles, And let's not mention the absence of some other enemies like the Chaingunner .

I know SnapMap will allow us to modify some of multiplayer aspects i mentioned but still i'd love to see them in default modes/maps

Oh quiet! Fanboys may look in here! WEll yes I totally agree with you I already tried to rise the problem of the revenant's homing rocket absence and was completely hammered for that by fanboys! Monsters do not have challenging attaks cos we don't want console retards have any difficulties now do we?
And I'm sorry dude but NO you can't modify vanila game levels in snapmap since methods of level creation are completely different!

id.dav said:

Oh quiet! Fanboys may look in here! WEll yes I totally agree with you I already tried to rise the problem of the revenant's homing rocket absence and was completely hammered for that by fanboys! Monsters do not have challenging attaks cos we don't want console retards have any difficulties now do we?
And I'm sorry dude but NO you can't modify vanila game levels in snapmap since methods of level creation are completely different!

Console retards? Well I will play DOOM on PS4 and I bet I am better at the game than you are. You should show some respect for other people.

DaniVR99 said:

Console retards? Well I will play DOOM on PS4 and I bet I am better at the game than you are. You should show some respect for other people.

Ha ha ha! Oh god! Another poor console victim!

id.dav said:

I've been gaming since I was 5, and have played on PC since then as well. Due to economic reasons I haven't been able to upgrade my rig. I enjoy my PS4 a lot, it is a wonderful system to game on. As I said earlier, show some respect for people that enjoy other systems, not every console gamer is retarded, and as you have clearly demonstrated not every PC gamer is smart.

If it's all about making the game Console friendly, They better remove it "ONLY" in console version, and not affect PC users .

AnonimVio said:

Kill yourself.

Sure is full of assblasted console fankids in here. Doom has always been a PC focused series. Edgy shitpost though bruh. 4chan is that way --->.

rileymartin said:

Doom has always been a PC focused series.

You know, aside from all the console ports it had since 1994 and the amount of joystick support the PC version provided, even so far as to support external drivers.

rileymartin said:

Sure is full of assblasted console fankids in here. Doom has always been a PC focused series. Edgy shitpost though bruh. 4chan is that way --->.

I never had a console, I was always a PC player, but I respect people's decision to play on console. I'm not some kind of fucking elitist, saying that I'm the best because I play on PC and everyone who plays on console is a dumb retard with AIDS. You are all acting like consoles are the worst thing in the world, like they are the second incarnation of Hitler and a Devil himself.

Yes, Doom was primarly a PC game, but it was ported to many platforms. You can play the original Doom on Xbox, PS4, Android or even a fucking calculator! Just because Doom was originaly built on PC doesn't mean you can't play it on something else. Hell, some parts from your super-mega-uber-extra XXX NASA computer were built in foreign countries, so only people from that country can use them, right?

Fuck PC elitism.

HellVain said:

The revenants do have homing rockets. Watch gamespots hell gameplay. The revenant has an alternate fire which fires 5 small rockets which homes at you and the main attack , the classic rocket, can be seen on muñtiplayer and singleplayer.

I thought the normal attack was the cluster of smaller rockets that moved in a linear path at high speed. I may have to rewatch that vid then to see if there is any homing in it.

id.dav said:

Just what the hell is your problem? You come in here and offend people for no particular reason.

id.dav said:

You're going off-topic dude, I was asking about something completely different, Not what console players Have/don't have, Also not all console players are retards, Show them that you're not a PC gamer Retard too .

Better ignore such posts If you don't have anything special to say .

On topic

My thoughts:

I like the way combat flows. It looks really fluid, and allthough that metaphore regarding the "skatepark" seemed strange, it seems to fit. New Doom seems to emphasize on a flowing battle scene, where your movement is at least as important as the gun you are unloading unto Demons.

I like how they handled the story. In 2016, they couldn't go without one, and the tongue-in-check approach fits very nicely.

Art direction and how they combined elements from classic Doom, Doom 3, Doom 64 together with completely new ideas seems very good to me. They pay homage to what has been, but also bring new stuff to the table.

SnapMap - with all the limitations that have been discussed to death - seems very promising to keep the game fresh for quite some time and give you new stuff to play around with if you are bored.

Honorary mention goes to all the options which enable us to turn off oh so many things which people are shouting "CONSOLISM". We write the year 2016, so an AAA-title has to cater to consoles, but id actually invested quite some time to give the PC folks enough options to turn the biggest "offenders" off, (oh please, don't let this paragraph errupt into another flamewar) or can be ignored mostly.

Things I am hesitant/have to check out myself before beeing hyped about them:
I hope some aspects like the "door closes/battle/door opens"-arenas are not used too often. I hope that the foundation of the game does not get stale, if you know what I mean. I cannot judge it right now, because I haven't played it. It's personal taste (like I LOVED combat in Rage [but got tired of many other parts of that game]).

Multiplayer seemed nice in the beta, but didn't "hook" me. Still, I will play some matches now and then, I'm sure.

Overall: I am hyped for the game, I can't wait to play around with SnapMap (and hopefully, more potent modding tools later), and I hope that combat is so polished that it works throughout the whole campaign and never gets old. If they deliver on this, I am a happy, demon-killing puppy :)

TL;DR: Give me the same (or better) experience as I had with Wolfenstein: TNO where I was sad after I gunned down everything, because it was so much fun, and I said to myself constantly "need more enemies...gunning them down is lots of fun...gimme more enemies!"

From what we've seen it seems that there NO hitscan enemies! (YES!!!)

Level design is also pretty great and nostalgic. The UAC base gameplay from GameSpot had a section where you have to open a hatch via a security panel to obtain a secret, but you had to obtain a yellow key card in order to access the panel. It reminded me of E2M2.

The indoor hell levels were a little boxy in their layout (at least in the Hell GameSpot Gameplay).

I love the codex entries! It's little things like this that get me hooked to the story.

So far doom 4 roster has more ways to harm the player. Maybe something else will kill players instead of archviles, chaingunners and revenant (Only in giant hordes) this time. Or the mapper never placing a single health item.

So far....I really really happy with everything! I mean WOW! What a wonderfull game we are going to play...Yeah...yes...just...yes yes! Amasing! And esspecially the awesome doom community, BEST DUDES SO FAR!

AnonimVio said:

Kill yourself.

This in any way is not appropriate, What the fuck is wrong with you? Grow up.

Jellyman1303 said:

From what we've seen it seems that there NO hitscan enemies! (YES!!!)

there are, they're just minor, the only ones I'v seen are former humans.

The indoor hell levels were a little boxy in their layout (at least in the Hell GameSpot Gameplay).

There were many Edges but I wouldn't call it boxy, there were plenty of angles other then 90 degrees.

id.dav said:

So far....I really really happy with everything! I mean WOW! What a wonderfull game we are going to play...Yeah...yes...just...yes yes! Amasing! And esspecially the awesome doom community, BEST DUDES SO FAR!

I understand where your coming from, but you have to understand there are just as many pc users that arn't cordinated enough that many console players will be able to perform the same tasks as easily as pc players. Deathmatch won't be as on point other wise consoles arn't far off. As for monster roles I think they're doing a pretty good job on roles, we've got trash, mancubus zones pretty well, The rev is a little murky to me as I'v not seen him much in action honesty. The Barons and hell knights are tanky and aggressive power houses. Pinkies are good melee monsters that can push you around, I'm not to worried.

What I am trying to say here....all that "console retardness" is a figure of speech. Of course console gamers are not all bad at gaming...but DEVS they assume that every console gamer is a useless moron who can't fucking hold a controller in his hands, so that's why there's no hitscan enemies, no homing rockets and other stuff that reduces challenge. I blame devs for this stupid assumption that game have to be dumbed down so that average console gamer could be able to cope with the game. I'm pissed off on devs firs of all!

id.dav said:

Stfu retard! People choose on what platform they play and if you dont like that bad luck then. I'm gonna play this on my PS4 because i dont have the money to buy me a new pc and because it's too expesive.

id.dav said:

You don't really understand what am I trying to say here....all that "console retardness" is a figure of speech. Of course console gamers are not all bad at gaming...but DEVS they assume that every console gamer is a useless moron who can't fucking hold a controller in his hands, so that's why there's no hitscan enemies, no homing rockets and other stuff that reduces challenge. I blame devs for this stupid asuumption that game have to be dumbed down so that average console gamer could be able to cope with the game. I'm pissed off on devs firs of all!

I wouldn't put all the blame on the devs. Most of the time, the producers don't want to take risks with AAA-titles, so they demand the studios to go the easy, secure way.

Take a look at the success of From Software. Their titles are console games first, and PC games second (IF they make it to PC), and are some of the hardest games out there, while at the same time also some of the most rewarding. And players both on consoles as well as on PC love them.

Producers should take notice (as basically every Indy Dev did, as they are producing Soulsborne-like titles left and right and they have success with it).

Edit: BTW, why has this forum turned into something in between 4Chan and SomethingAwfull (without BEEING SA where the tone is needed, else it would feel strange)

id.dav said:

What I am trying to say here....all that "console retardness" is a figure of speech. Of course console gamers are not all bad at gaming...but DEVS they assume that every console gamer is a useless moron who can't fucking hold a controller in his hands, so that's why there's no hitscan enemies, no homing rockets and other stuff that reduces challenge. I blame devs for this stupid assumption that game have to be dumbed down so that average console gamer could be able to cope with the game. I'm pissed off on devs firs of all!

So you already played the game? Who's saying that there is no challenge in the new DOOM?

Krimson Madness said:

So you already played the game? Who's saying that there is no challenge in the new DOOM?

I can guarantee there are challenges. They are even called challenges.

...okay, okay, I'll show myself to the door!

tuo said:

Take a look at the success of From Software.

I'm talking about FPS only! Souls are slow paced and have completely different gameplay paradigm.