Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Check out this concept art!

Rivers of blood - CHECK, architecture is a combination of blood, flesh, bones and brick - CHECK, oppressive, temple-like atmosphere - CHECK. Potential for interesting gameplay - CHECK.

Yep, it's Doom alright.

So very cool, altho that necropolis is really amazing too.
I love seeing concepts for games.
I'm actually working on some Icon of sin art as well. when i saw the last one
on that page it didn't bring my motivation down... cuz that sometimes happens
when i see great art. Hopefully i'll be able to show of the final result .

I want to point out for those who don't know, most concept art like this is actually the artist painting over a screenshot of a blocked out map, so we can expect this to actually be in the game.

hmmm, definitely too little blood, skulls and pentagrams.

(joking, its perfect!)

The architecture reminds me of something right out of Lovecraft, I am absolutely in love with it. This is going to be the best Friday the 13th EVER.

At long fucking last, someone does an article about the art of the new game while using pictures not made for ants. Thanks Bethesda!

DooM_RO said:

Here's a quick and rough demake I made of it.

http://i.imgur.com/m9U7U7O.jpg

Not bad for a quick job! I wonder how would it look with a bit more detail and a few custom textures here and there.

A real level editor that id software never provided for him to use and instead was built upon the efforts of fans reverse-engineering the formats initially.

Shut the fuck up about it, already.

id.dav said:

Great job! Another example of when you have a real level editor at your disposal)

Yes. That is indeed an example of what you can make with a level editor built over the course of 7 years for a simplistic 2D BSP engine.

What's your point?

Edit: Gah, Jaxxoon R you're too fast for me.

Jaxxoon R said:

A real level editor that id software never provided for him to use and instead was built upon the efforts of fans reverse-engineering the formats initially.

lmao, I nearly spit out my carbonated beverage when I read this.

Jaxxoon R said:

And what about you to shut the fuck up and never say anything here at all? Hm? Do you like this idea?

Edward850 said:

What's your point?

Seems to me his point is quite clear: With a proper level editor, you can create almost anything.

DOOM 3 and Rage had editors, and those games weren't running on simple 2D engines.

Fact is, id Software themselves could provide us with a full-fledged level editor if they so inclined. The ball is in their court.

chubz said:

Seems to me his point is quite clear: With a proper level editor, you can create almost anything.

DOOM 3 and Rage had editors, and those games weren't running on simple 2D engines.

Fact is, id Software themselves could provide us with a level editor if they so inclined. The ball is in their court.

Yes, you have indeed stated things that are true. However you have conveniently forgotten key details:
RAGE's map editor came out a full year later, and requires nothing short of the beefiest hardware to use properly. And we only know of one guy who apparently cared enough to try (id.dav).

When and if they release a full blown mush editor remains to be seen, but you're insane if you think such a thing could ever come out launch day. Such tools these days are very complex to disentangle and release, and require full time work to actually do. It's actually impossible to work on such a thing during active development. However until then, acting like you're entitled to one isn't actually going to make one come out any faster.
(That last part is more about id.dav than anyone else.)

Edward850 said:

When and if they release a map editor remains to be seen, but you're insane if you think such a thing could ever come out launch day. Such tools these days are very complex to disentangle and release, and require full time work to actually do. It's actually impossible to work on such a thing during active development.

True, I'm not necessarily asking for it at launch. I just hope we get an actual editor sometime in the future!

id.dav said:

And what about you to shut the fuck up and never say anything here at all? Hm? Do you like this idea?

How about you just grow up, stop feeling so entitled and pissy about a fucking level editor that'll happen eventually anyways, and stop obnoxiously complaining about it at every single opportunity?

id.dav said:

Jaxxoon R said:

How about you just grow up, stop feeling so entitled and pissy about a fucking level editor that'll happen eventually anyways, and stop obnoxiously complaining about it at every single opportunity?

GUYS WHICH ONE IS IT

This thread degenerated quickly, although Jaxxon is totally correct.

I also think that chained baron needs to become a Doom prop now.

Clonehunter said:

I also think that chained baron needs to become a Doom prop now.

Ahem.

That has nothing to do with anything I said.

Also, that's a wall. You could have at least gone to R667 and grabbed the prop.

Jaxxoon R said:

No use telling him that, he's been demonizing snapmap in every thread that even mentions it. Best to just ignore him.