Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
princetontiger

Doom Ads NYC Subway

Wow, is this normal for video games to have this kind of marketing? I've never seen anything like that here in Canada.

The Marketing man. Well, I'm finally happy about over exposure for once. More Doom, EVERYWHERE!

Ha, i remember seeing a bus in my city with a Assassin's Greed: Syndicate advertisement on it. That actually made me cringe..

I've never seen such advertising. And I'm not surprised that its being done for Doom, a franschise that modern society never heard of.

Hope it works though!

Been noticing the ads around Melbourne too, it's nice to see one of my favorite franchises being waved around in public for the first time in what feels like eons.

They're legitimately painting the alternative cover in Australia too, is that correct?

i think that they should paint all subway trains like that - imagine people's faces when they see that "their revenant" is finally coming...

IMX said:

They're legitimately painting the alternative cover in Australia too, is that correct?

Post a picture!

I've seen some taxis in NYC with Doom advertised on them.

TheWizard said:

Wow, is this normal for video games to have this kind of marketing? I've never seen anything like that here in Canada.

No, it is not normal for a multi-billion dollar industry to employ common marketing techniques to reach as large an audience as possible.

OH WAIT

They could have used this opportunity to piss of some fanatic Christians, like a huge #GoToHell or #TheIconOfSinWantsYOU ad near a church.

DooM_RO said:

They could have used this opportunity to piss of some fanatic Christians, like a huge #GoToHell or #TheIconOfSinWantsYOU ad near a church.

Yea lets have Dante's Inferno 2. It worked out amazing for EA

DooM_RO said:

Well that'd just be counterproductive.

Also, Doom is on the side of the christians. Literally fighting against the forces of hell.

AirRaid said:

Well that'd just be counterproductive.

Also, Doom is on the side of the christians. Literally fighting against the forces of hell.

Well, we were against the Nazis in Wolfenstein too but that didn't stop the germans from banning it.

I know Doom is technically on the side of the christians but that won't stop them from saying the game is satanic. If I were Bethesda I would exploit this. The more old conservatives talk about how this game is the antichrist the more free publicity the game would get.

DooM_RO said:

Well, we were against the Nazis in Wolfenstein too but that didn't stop the germans from banning it.

I know Doom is technically on the side of the christians but that won't stop them from saying the game is satanic. If I were Bethesda I would exploit this. The more old conservatives talk about how this game is the antichrist the more free publicity the game would get.

EA did something along the lines for Dante Inferno with fake protests and all that. It wasn't received well. I think the days of killing demons on video games being controversial are long past. And anyone these days who still think it's extreme are just ignored.

When games like CoD had a mission where you gun down countless civilians in an airport or Hatred where you mass slaughter everyone because F#*$ life then in comparison Doom looks like a Christian youth educational game.

DooM_RO said:

The game was banned for images of swastika and Hitler. Compare this to early WWII CoD games which contained no offensive imagery (just Nazis) and they weren't banned.

So as long as Doom doesn't feature things like inverted crosses, everything should be fine..

Gore and satanism don't ruffle feathers anymore, but explicit language and sex still do. I was watching an edited version of Starship Troopers yesterday, and I found it funny how all the over-the-top gore of people getting ripped to shreds was intact, but the cursing and nudity were edited out.

It's mainly because cursing and sex make for awkward family viewings, whereas gore does not.

TheWizard said:

Not really. I've only ever seen this much advertising for FO4, and even then ads weren't all that common. Now there's a revenant on almost every other taxi.

CheeseOnTheMoon said:

Now there's a revenant on almost every other taxi.

Because. Revenant Is love, Revenant Is life.

You want to know another game they had shit tons of advertising and the studio and publisher fought really hard to prevent any leaks but then turned out to be a massive fucking failure?.....

Destiny