• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnonimVio

Finalized Launch Trailer

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Cyberdemon dancing Flaminco, Ole ..

Two seconds backwards, forward + punch.

I like the cyberdemon's sweeping attack.

Does this mean bosses will have more depth other then just circle strafing them?

Trycon said:

Does this mean bosses will have more depth other then just circle strafing them?

Spoiler

If you trust the leaks, they have many different attacks, not just what we are used to. The Spider Mastermind has a whole bunch of attack information, so I guess it won't just be the plasma gun harassing us. But of course we don't know how much made it into the final game, but taking the Cyberdemon as an example, he is listed with at least four attacks in the game files: the scythe (which I guess is the sonic boom), rocket launcher, some kind of beam weapon, and close combat attacks with that bone-thingy on his arm. The fact that the trailer seems to introduce even another attack gives me hope that boss battles will be quite detailed and entertaining!

Trycon said:

Ya this is one problem I had with original bosses, they just felt like big enemies. And thank you chubs for posting that wallpaper.

In fairness, the Original Doom didn't exactly have a lot of leeway for monster patterns that differed from just repeat stuff. The Icon of Sin was about as boss-like as they were able to get, especially in terms of specific weak spots. Technology has improved a huge level in those over 2 decades of time.

Graphic_Delusions said:

Oh yeahhh!

^^^screenshot from video

Also the Arch-Vile is not shown as much as it was in the leaked version.

Not sure about the music..Needs more oomph.

But it was firing plasma bolts which is something that the arachnotrons shoot.

NodEliteX5 said:

But it was firing plasma bolts which is something that the arachnotrons shoot.

There are no hitscanners in Doom 2016 (maybe the shielded Shotgunners). Plus, extrapolate the size of that beast, and you will end up with something that is too large to be an arachnotron.

AirRaid said:

Uh, It's actually every major game release this decade. Games are getting larger, and there is no common optical drives capable of handling those data sizes. As Edward850 said, Bluray can do it but because of the hilarious price of BDROM drives, few people have them so it's not a viable distribution method for PC.

Also, to further quash your complaints:

It's not like they didn't tell you.

The best you can hope for with a physical release is that you get it delivered a day early and can use your code to preload. Amazon used to be quite good at getting stuff out day before release but I haven't preordered anything from them for like 10 years.

I know they told that it requires a broadband connection but not everyone has unlimited ultra high-speed links to download 55GBs in couple of hours and enjoy it day 1, that's why there are physical copies..

an 8.5GB disc that requires downloading the rest 48GB "PLUS no preload" is totally nonsense and isn't an actual physical release of the game..

I didn't say it should be released on BD's, 4xDVD DL's is the best option but why they didn't chose that option ? is it the cost ?

with crappy 40GBs max monthly limit DSL lines running at 3.5Mbps MAX, I wont mind paying 75$ for a full physical release if it was available..

anyway i've asked a friend who's working at an ISP to download it for me, i'll get it in less than 2 hours for an extra 30$ so i got that going for me, which is nice :)

I'm not familiar with steam downloads, can I download it on his PC then move it or it should be downloaded directly to my PC ?

tuo said:

There are no hitscanners in Doom 2016 (maybe the shielded Shotgunners). Plus, extrapolate the size of that beast, and you will end up with something that is too large to be an arachnotron.

There is the red laser (not the pulse one) former human and I swore I saw a shotgun one, trying to find it now.

MrGlide said:

There is the red laser (not the pulse one) former human and I swore I saw a shotgun one, trying to find it now.

There are shotgunners, that's for sure. The red laser seems to still be not an instant hitscan, but following you (at least it looked like that in the very first E3 trailer). Guess we will see when the game releases. But it seems like they tried to get rid of hitscan weapons in enemy hands (mostly).

tuo said:

There are shotgunners, that's for sure. The red laser seems to still be not an instant hitscan, but following you (at least it looked like that in the very first E3 trailer). Guess we will see when the game releases. But it seems like they tried to get rid of hitscan weapons in enemy hands (mostly).

Ya I was just saying they're still there, just not as prominent. Bigger hitscan enemies like the SM I found to be boring so I'm fine with the lower tiered enemies being hitscan, I would like to see a chaingunner though.

MiNaM said:

I'm not familiar with steam downloads, can I download it on his PC then move it or it should be downloaded directly to my PC ?

Steam allows you to generate an installer of sorts, via the Steam->Backup and Restore Games option

MiNaM said:

I know they told that it requires a broadband connection but not everyone has unlimited ultra high-speed links to download 55GBs in couple of hours and enjoy it day 1, that's why there are physical copies..

an 8.5GB disc that requires downloading the rest 48GB "PLUS no preload" is totally nonsense and isn't an actual physical release of the game..

I didn't say it should be released on BD's, 4xDVD DL's is the best option but why they didn't chose that option ? is it the cost ?

with crappy 40GBs max monthly limit DSL lines running at 3.5Mbps MAX, I wont mind paying 75$ for a full physical release if it was available..

anyway i've asked a friend who's working at an ISP to download it for me, i'll get it in less than 2 hours for an extra 30$ so i got that going for me, which is nice :)

I prefer physical games mainly because it's the only way to buy games offline and I actually own them unlike digital games where you need internet to obtain them and they eat up your hard drive space whether on consoles or PC. Plus they are tied to the servers.

Edward850 said:

I'm honestly surprised that someone would think the PC release wouldn't use Steam.

Would you rather it used the Windows store & API?

I think someone needs to have a lengthy conversation with Gooberman over this... :P

Voros said:

Huh. At 0:06, you can see that the legs don't have a waist, or even a body. Technology I tell you.

Any way, the music is weak compared to the cut version, but it adds suspense to the trailer.

The cut version music is badass and Doom is badass.
I don't know Mick Gordon was thinking.

Mick Gordon didn't make this.

tuo said:

Well, at least it's differentiating itself from your typical generic first person shooter in the modern era where, with the exception of the occasional grenade or rocket, expect hitscans galore.

Upon finally watching the leaked version, I can offer my unpopular opinion.

The final version fits way better than the leaked version, and I like it better musically.

I've always thought that the new industrial-style is perfect for DOOM.

Atendega said:

The final version fits way better than the leaked version, and I like it better musically.

The game will have heavy metal tracks regardless.

Atendega said:

Agreed, the leaked version sounded a bit off

Atendega said:

Nah... industrial-style doesn't fit Doom. Thrash metal fits Doom, but you know thrash metal's unpopular... :(

Anyway, I liked the leaked version better because it had a better beat and cooler soundtrack.

Though I would love it if they used this!

Between our world and theirs....

OH SHIT!

MAN THEY SHOULD HAVE USED THE DOOM 64 THEME REMIXED!

WOULD HAVE FIT IT A HELLUVA LOT BETTER THAN WHAT THEY USED!!!!

:D

Doom 64 just screams Doom!!! :D

DoomzRules said:

Nah... industrial-style doesn't fit Doom.

Doom 64 just screams Doom!!! :D

Your Joking right? Id has always been a big mix of industrial and metal. Huge ranges of Trent Reznor to Aperfect Circle, and for the metal side Tool to slayer, industrial music is just as much Doom as metal if not more so, only recently we've seen this shift of focus of Metal only for Doom.

MrGlide said:

Your Joking right? Id has always been a big mix of industrial and metal. Huge ranges of Trent Reznor to Aperfect Circle, and for the metal side Tool to slayer, industrial music is just as much Doom as metal if not more so, only recently we've seen this shift of focus of Metal only for Doom.

..... But was industrial music in the original Doom? No.

Was it in Doom II? No.

It was always about grunge, thrash metal, and more grunge.

I don't think grunge counts as industrial dude, because grunge is completely different! :D

DoomzRules said:

..... But was industrial music in the original Doom? No.

Was it in Doom II? No.

It was always about grunge, thrash metal, and more grunge.

I don't think grunge counts as industrial dude, because grunge is completely different! :D

Industrial wasn't in Doom or Doom 2 because that was in 1993-94 - we're in 2016, things change, things get updated, expanded on.

chubz said:

I was going to get a physical copy as well. My plans were to rush out early in the morning on May 13 and buy it, that way I'd be able to play it on day one AND have the box for collector's sake.

Now I've just preordered it digitally, and will probably check Amazon a year or so down the road to see if I can find a cheap boxed version.

Giving people just one DVD and making them download 45 GB-worth of extra files is an incredibly shitty move on behalf of Bethesda. If you're going to do a physical release, at least do it right.

I agree, it's like they are trying to force people to buy the digital versions since they are downloadable only. What's the point of having a physical release on the PC version if you have to download the rest of it online just to play it by yourself.
I understand that DVD Roms have less space than blue ray discs but hey they could always make a second disk for the extra data that couldn't fit in the 1st disc of the PC version.

dsm said:

Industrial wasn't in Doom or Doom 2 because that was in 1993-94 - we're in 2016, things change, things get updated, expanded on.

But but.... metal. :3

\m/ \m/

I know it was 1993-94, but by this logic of it being 2016, I guess you could say we are supposed to have reloading, bloody mist instead of gore, and we should try and appease the COD kiddies and have two-weapon limit and iron sights then right? :P

Just because it's 2016, doesn't mean you have to follow the trends.

If this was the case, I wouldn't be a metalhead then. I wouldn't be the only metalhead at my school, who actually decides to rebel and resist the pop-rap-hiphop-Dubstep establishment and instead listens to punk-classicrock-rock-metal-thrashmetal-deathmetal-powermetal-animemusic-japaneserock-videogamemusic instead.

But you know that's just me I guess....

I figure if you are going to have over-the-top gore, no reloading, and kickass gameplay....

Why not compliment it with 80's and early 90's thrash metal to add onto the badassery? Or is it too badass for you?

;)

My point was just that you could conceivably have both metal and industrial and ambient in a modern Doom game (hence the "things get expanded on" in my last post).

I'm no expert on genres, so do correct me if I'm wrong when I say that Quake 2 had an Industrial music soundtrack and it was the most Doom-like of the Quake games.

It's no coincidence that certain elements of the new Doom are heavily inspired by Quake 2 or Quake 4, so having some of the music being a bit more Industrial-inspired wouldn't seem too farfetched in a modern Doom release.

I know I kinda liked some of the songs from the Quake 2 soundtrack and would not consider them out of place in a modern Doom game. I'd still expect some metal and some ambient in there to go along with it though.
Metal would be better in Hell.

dsm said:

My point was just that you could conceivably have both metal and industrial and ambient in a modern Doom game (hence the "things get expanded on" in my last post).

I'm no expert on genres, so do correct me if I'm wrong when I say that Quake 2 had an Industrial music soundtrack and it was the most Doom-like of the Quake games.

It's no coincidence that certain elements of the new Doom are heavily inspired by Quake 2 or Quake 4, so having some of the music being a bit more Industrial-inspired wouldn't seem too farfetched in a modern Doom release.

I know I kinda liked some of the songs from the Quake 2 soundtrack and would not consider them out of place in a modern Doom game. I'd still expect some metal and some ambient in there to go along with it though.
Metal would be better in Hell.

I don't see why the quake comparisons would be bad, both franchises are made by the same company.

NodEliteX5 said:

I understand that DVD Roms have less space than blue ray discs but hey they could always make a second disk for the extra data that couldn't fit in the 1st disc of the PC version.

That would be at least 6-8 DVDs total they'd need for 55GB, certainly not a measly 2. That's actually not cheap to print at all.

Each DL-DVD has an actual capacity of about 7.92GB (@1024 bytes), and it's not really clear how far you can compress 55GB. The sounds would compress the best (assuming they are uncompressed, as sound usually is these days), but the texture pages are already lossy compressed and won't get much smaller.

Want a good example of Industrial Metal?

This EP was basically the reason why Industrial Metal Is popular as It Is now, that would be The Downward Spiral, but this Is just pure anger and metal.
THIS, Is Industrial Metal, I don't see how DOOM's music Is dubstep, If you want that, check out the E3 Footage. That was dubstep. This Is basically NeoDOOM, Industrial fits It.

If you're unhappy about It, play your own music In the background. I'm happy with the OST It has.

Edward850 said:

That would be at least 6-8 DVDs total they'd need for 55GB, certainly not a measly 2. That's actually not cheap to print at all.

Each DL-DVD has an actual capacity of about 7.92GB (@1024 bytes), and it's not really clear how far you can compress 55GB. The sounds would compress the best (assuming they are uncompressed, as sound usually is these days), but the texture pages are already lossy compressed and won't get much smaller.

Will PCs ever get blue ray drives?