Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizardcommando

Here's a little question for anyone who wants to answer this...

"If you had to leave the Doom community, what would you want to be remembered for?" I don't know if I worded the questions right but just answer it.

Here's what I want to be remembered for, Lizard War. Yes, that's right. I just wanted to be remembered for the little graphics mod which is still 75% done which featured my little weird looking Lizards. I didn't care if that was going to be the next ground-breaking Doom MOD or if it was declared as the worst mod ever, I just had to make the game, just so I can say I was a part of the Doom community...

So, anyone else want to tell everyone else how you want to be remembered after you leave the Doom community? (That is, if you ever leave :p.)

Would I be remembered? Maybe not.

I suppose if I were to be remembered, it would be for playing the game on ZDaemon/Doom Connector, and maybe also for my maps or my website.

I don't plan on leaving any time soon, though! ^_^

Lutarez said:

If I left I'd be forgotten pretty easily.

/me senses a "Who are you?" coming.

I'm sure if I left, I would be missed, but not all that much.

The one who was always the best when it came to anything, made the best things, said the smartest things, etc.

Lizardcommando said:
"If you had to leave the Doom community, what would you want to be remembered for?"

Fixing demos - it was a painful time-consuming hunt for obscure bugs that would seem like a black hole of wasted time if I was not able to see that people had appreciated it. If I have done anything else, it has been for my own amusement and benefit.

Fredrik said:

The one who was always the best when it came to anything, made the best things, said the smartest things, etc.

Heh, well, I guess next to that, none of the rest of us are even worth remembering. :-)

Personally, i'd like to leave a legacy of pretty decent WADS, a half-arsed story on the fanfic forums, and funny words like 'wakka'.

Lizardcommando said:
...Lizard War...

Well, i remember that mod and i liked it :) i actually started playing Doom with your mod for a long period of time. But if i left i'd wanna be remembered for my very unfinished mod Bone Match

EvisceratoR said:

Well, i remember that mod and i liked it :) i actually started playing Doom with your mod for a long period of time. But if i left i'd wanna be remembered for my very unfinished mod Bone Match

WOW!!! You really liked it?! Thanks for the positive feedback! (No, that wasn't sarcasm either. I actually meant it, thanks!:] )

mmnpsrsoskl - Well, what if? I'm sure there are lot's of reasons why someone would have to leave. Could be personal reasons, could be some other weird reasons, who knows.

I'm sure everyone here in the Doom community will be missed. No matter how small a contribution you make to the doom community or any other, whether it's a megawad, an LMP of someone going through e1m1 under how ever many minutes the current record is, or even a small little graphics addon. Whatever it is that you may have helped keep the community alive, I'm sure you'll be missed.

Well, I what to be a model doomworlder, earn the trust and respect of my fellow members, become an admin, and then get board and leave. But I think somebody beat me to it.