Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigDickBzzrak

Please help with this bleeding flat!

Probably an unclosed sector. Go to "Make Sector" mode and click the affected sector, or redraw its outlines in "Vertex" or "Linedef" mode.

Damn, this thing is back. Full of happiness, I've made a minor change in a section of the map that's 2000 units away from the troublemaking sector, saved it, and then saw the same bleeding flat again at the same place. The nodebuilder used is Zennode (with reject), if it matters, but using BSP results in teh same damn thing.
Thanks again!

Try to change the nodebuilder to a different one which supports REJECT lumps. It may help.

If it really is a super rare case of a node builder error that occurs in different node builders, try moving vertices around the area with the bleeding linedef so that all nearby linedefs will be either notably differently angled than the bleeding linedef, or perfectly parallel with it. Node builder errors typically occur around such a linedef that is "almost perfectly but not 100% perfectly parallel" to another linedef.

bzzrak said:

using BSP results in teh same damn thing.

After you change node builder in your map editor while editing a map, you have to modify the map's geometry by moving at least one vertice to a different place, only then the nodes will be actually rebuilt in the new node builder.

DoomLover234 said:

Try to change the nodebuilder to a different one which supports REJECT lumps. It may help.

REJECT has nothing to do with rendering, so it doesn't matter whether the changed node builder generates it or not.

I used to have this problem a lot when making a cave like map (lots of lines in crazy angles). The way I fixed was by going into vertex mode, putting the grid size to 1 mp (the smallest one), selecting the entire map and then edit->snap selection to grid. That should fix it