Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

TEENS REACT TO: DOOM (1993 ORIGINAL GAME)

I'm glad they kept it classic even though they used a source port. I was afraid they were going to show them BD at one point.

MetroidJunkie said:

Being able to see sectors with different heights, fully textured floors with even animated liquids, sky textures, different levels of lighting, and walls that aren't sharp right angles was pretty incredible back then. It made Wolfenstein 3D look like outdated garbage, no offense to the Wolf.

Wolf3D was NOTHING in Doom's shadow.

You would expect more people to be mad because most of these teens didn't know Doom, but almost everyone here actually liked the reactions for the most part. The only person who actually whined about it was, funny enough, a teenager himself, because he thinks he's big shit and every teenager is a lowly "mainstream," "hive mind," "Big Brother society" drone except him.

Aren't there a lot of teenagers and low-20's people on this forum anyway? There's not even a reason for him to be that angry.

This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I expected them to whine about it being "sucky and lame", but outside of one of them mentioning that he couldn't look down, they seemed to enjoy it.

And some of the reactions were even funny.

My brother and I actually sent them a list of over 20 games to react to. Doom was on that list but I don't think they read it. I sent them the list before the whole Doom 2016 demo was available. I think that they only chose it due to Doom 2016 being on everyone's radar.

I also don't think they were running it using the original vanilla doom. If you look carefully Most people used the WASD keys to play it instead of the arrow keys.

Halfblind said:

My brother and I actually sent them a list of over 20 games to react to. Doom was on that list but I don't think they read it. I sent them the list before the whole Doom 2016 demo was available. I think that they only chose it due to Doom 2016 being on everyone's radar.

I also don't think they were running it using the original vanilla doom. If you look carefully Most people used the WASD keys to play it instead of the arrow keys.

I know right? Gosh darn a channel with several million subs didn't choose from our list.

Halfblind said:

If you look carefully Most people used the WASD keys to play it instead of the arrow keys.

Just configure Vanilla Doom to use WASD. I sure did that before.

NorkasAradel said:

oh shit i reacted to this video
the fine brothers are sueing me for everything i own

That's a spicy meme haha

I think Doom is a fun game that's accessible to anyone but only a few really understand it. It just makes me happy that every once in a while my brother asks if he can play my newest level

WilliamPlaysDooM said:

The kids are just pure dumbasses, who are too stupid to know how to beat E1M1.

Would you be a pure dumbass if you couldn't swim to the other side of a pool without knowing how to swim?

I have to really wonder if they're just putting the dumb act on for extra cringe publicity. It sure got us to give them the cringe publicity and therefore money.

Don't underestimate adolescent incomprehensibility.

Sorry for that small ignorant rant, I rant all the time. Yes, while they all beat E1M1, the Fine Bros. probably had to help them do it.

TheMightyHeracross said:

This thread is still alive? Ugh, let it die already.

And yet you prolong it with that post.

I've seen the thumbnail of the video on my YouTube screen, but as like many people in this thread, I honestly can't watch it lol.

Didn't this thread get post helled a week or two after starting?

I watched the video, they enjoyed the game. They genuinely enjoyed a game that's 23 years old and was made before they were born. Kudos to them.

Jello said:

Didn't this thread get post helled a week or two after starting?

I watched the video, they enjoyed the game. They genuinely enjoyed a game that's 23 years old and was made before they were born. Kudos to them.

Nah, I think it was just the Doomrulez kid's posts that got thrown into Post Hell.

Guest Unregistered account
WilliamPlaysDooM said:

Sorry for that small ignorant rant, I rant all the time. Yes, while they all beat E1M1, the Fine Bros. probably had to help them do it.

First you call them idiots for not beating a level when they did, then you say, "Okay, fine, but they probs got help" when they played independently. You didn't even watch the video, did you?

My parents didn't allow no Doom in their house. So I had a mental list of which friends/partial friends had doom and which didn't, which would share play time, which would hog it. Michael, I will never forgive you.