• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kuchitsu

Calling out the_miano!

Friendly duel on a classic map of your choice
Frag limit: 40
Oldschool DMFLAGS

- If I win, you have to get yourself a static avatar instead of that annoying GIF for at least 3 months.
- If you win, you get to choose my avatar for the next 3 months. And it can be as embarassing as you want.

Other people are welcome to join the server and watch the battle of the century.

ACCEPT?

I like those stakes :)

Ooh! I like it!

Record the match and upload to youtube (if it happens).

Don't forget:
Sourceport-?

(Did you send a PM to the_miano?)

Oh shit, where's this match gonna take place? What port, what country? UK seems most appropriate considering this will be a New Jersey to Russia match. Very curious to see the results, should be fun!

Edit: If you guys need help setting up a britsteel server on Zandronum, let me know. I'm pretty sure there's a UK cluster on ZD too (I think, anyway) but there may not be any with pure OS DMflags.

Nothing is certain yet, waiting for a response... I would prefer ZDaemon but I can agree on any of the three main ports. Thanks for the offer, I'll ask for a server if we won't find anything.

Do you mean actual oldschool or pretend oldschool ie the accepted "oldschool" settings (preferred weapon order, no auto-weapon switch, crosshair allowed, block map fix, no silent west facing spawns, etc) found on every major oldschool duel server?

Decay said:

Do you mean actual oldschool or pretend oldschool ie the accepted "oldschool" settings (preferred weapon order, no auto-weapon switch, crosshair allowed, block map fix, no silent west facing spawns, etc) found on every major oldschool duel server?

I'm curious about this well actually. I assume it's "modern old school" rather than pure oldschool but I guess it depends what Miano / Memfis agree to.

I'm curious what will happen if miano fails to respond in the next eight hours.

I'm also curious, what will his reaction be if it turns out to be a forfeit, but without his knowledge.

The artist formerly known as Memfis. I guess if its a fancy occasion or business meeting or something, he could be formally known as Memfis as well.

I have a feeling that, when Miano sees this, he will respond. I'm curious to see who wins this little challenge. Come on Miano, make Mem go around with an absurd avatar for 3 months :)

I'm honestly hoping that miano wins just to see what silly shit he picks for memfis/kuchitsu's avatar :P

AD_79 said:

I'm honestly hoping that miano wins just to see what silly shit he picks for memfis/kuchitsu's avatar :P

It'll probably be the exact same avatar that he has, at a guess.

Obsidian said:

It'll probably be the exact same avatar that he has, at a guess.

what better way to humiliate the opponent than making them suffer with the one thing he tried to take out? I know I would.

And what's this Memfis being kuchistu thing?

Voros said:

And what's this Memfis being kuchistu thing?

I think he locked himself out of his account, but I could be wrong.

Doomkid said:

I'm curious about this well actually. I assume it's "modern old school" rather than pure oldschool but I guess it depends what Miano / Memfis agree to.

Actually unlike DUI NJ/UK, L@P duel servers are hosted with pure OS settings.

It's good to know that there are still some out there! I ping horribly to L@P which is probably why I haven't noticed.

Doomkid said:

I think he locked himself out of his account

Yup. You have Sodaholic to thank for that.

kuchitsu said:

Friendly duel on a classic map of your choice
Frag limit: 40
Oldschool DMFLAGS

- If I win, you have to get yourself a static avatar instead of that annoying GIF for at least 3 months.
- If you win, you get to choose my avatar for the next 3 months. And it can be as embarassing as you want.

Other people are welcome to join the server and watch the battle of the century.

ACCEPT?

Hmmmmm.... I accept this challenge.... However, at the moment I'm busy with school and I need to study for my final exams. Can we postpone this duel of the century till maybe this weekend?

Doomkid said:

New Jersey to Russia match.

Edit: If you guys need help setting up a britsteel server on Zandronum, let me know. I'm pretty sure there's a UK cluster on ZD too (I think, anyway) but there may not be any with pure OS DMflags.

Holy crap, my ping will be insanely high if I play on a Russian server or if he plays on a New Jersey server. I think a UK server would be ideal.

kuchitsu said:

I would prefer ZDaemon but I can agree on any of the three main ports. Thanks for the offer, I'll ask for a server if we won't find anything.

ZDaemon is typically my "go to" source port. Though, Odamex has a decent netcode so even with high pings, we won't be lagging that much.

glenzinho said:

Pulling for Memfis here, I hate miano's avatar :P

Alright, I just have to ask.... Why does everyone hate my Pepe avatar? Seriously... I've seen FAR WORSE avatars than the one I edited. [imgur link deleted]

Doomkid said:

Kuchitsu is Memfis??

AD_79 said:

How about this.... If I win, he can keep his avatar, but the mods will have to change his custom title back to "Honestly, semen doesn't taste that bad" :P

Cool. :) Sure, no need to hurry at all, we can play whenever it's convenient for you.

I'm OK with your custom title condition, the question is will the mods agree to do it?

kuchitsu said:

Cool. :) Sure, no need to hurry at all, we can play whenever it's convenient for you.

I'm OK with your custom title condition, the question is will the mods agree to do it?

I'm sure Linguica or Bloodshedder will agree to it.

Since you guys are going to play on ZD (Oda?); I'm gonna challenge the winner of this, because why the hell not? :)

the_miano said:

Alright, I just have to ask.... Why does everyone hate my Pepe avatar? Seriously... I've seen FAR WORSE avatars than the one I edited.

I don't have a problem with it. Maybe I'm just being a nice guy... but personally, I think it's kinda funny. =D

Anyway, good luck and may the best man win!

the_miano said:

Alright, I just have to ask.... Why does everyone hate my Pepe avatar?

I did not want to say anything, but it does not have enough lasers in it.

I just checked yesterday, there's a couple great UK duel servs on ZDaemon as well as britsteel on Zand. I can't believe you guys haven't done this yet. Memfis, you may find this easier if you get on quakenet irc and join #dmstuff so I can watch this go down first hand!

Doomkid said:

I just checked yesterday, there's a couple great UK duel servs on ZDaemon as well as britsteel on Zand. I can't believe you guys haven't done this yet. Memfis, you may find this easier if you get on quakenet irc and join #dmstuff so I can watch this go down first hand!

I've been really busy as Hell these past few days. I wanted to duel last weekend, but I got caught up with work. Tomorrow I'm working night shift installing 13 storage nodes in a data center and I won't be home until 2 or 3 am. This weekend I may also be busy with family stuff.