Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest MIND

Will DOOM 4 run on Windows 7?

Guest MIND

Will DOOM 4 and future games be able to run on Windows 7 or do I need to upgrade?

Yes it'll run on Windows 7. Can't really say how much further in the future games will run on 7, but I'm sure it'll be fine for a bit longer.

Guest MIND
MrDeAD1313 said:

Yes it'll run on Windows 7. Can't really say how much further in the future games will run on 7, but I'm sure it'll be fine for a bit longer.

Is Windows 10 the last version of Windows? I'm sick of having to upgrade to a new OS each time and having to transfer everything.

MrDeAD1313 said:

When you update to 10 you won't lose anything :)

I have Windows 10 now, and before that i had Windows 8/8.1 and even before that, i had 7. And from my experience, even though Windows 8/8.1/10 are considered to be more advanced than 7, they have quite a few bugs and annoyances that Windows 7 didn't have.
So, if you use Win 7, upgrade at your own risk.

If he mainly uses it for gaming and web browsing he shouldn't run into anything crazy. I went directly from Windows 7 to 10 and everything is fine. All of your files remain intact. What he would notice right off the bat would be the entire UI is updated but still very accessible. I don't mind 10 at all honestly.

Either way, you don't have to do the upgrade to play Doom so you can still take the time and figure out what you wanna do.

Windows 7 and Windows 10 have the same core. The only difference is that Windows 7 most likely won't have DirectX 12 support. Doom is OpenGL (Vulkan) so it will run on Win 7 fine.

Really love Win 7 tho. 10 can go to hell.

Orchid87 said:

Windows 7 and Windows 10 have the same core.

"Core" doesn't refer to anything in an operating system. You're probably thinking of kernel, and no, they don't have the same kernel.

Edward850 said:

"Core" doesn't refer to anything in an operating system. You're probably thinking of kernel, and no, they don't have the same kernel.

Yes, you're right. Anyway, the kernel might be a newer version but it is fundamentally the same.

This could have been answered by simply reading the specs -

PC System Requirements

Minimum:

Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions)

AirRaid said:

This could have been answered by simply reading the specs -

I know but he started talking about losing all his stuff so I figured I'd let him know he wouldn't.