Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheWizard

Doom hitting 200 FPS @ 1080p using GTX 1080 w/ Vulkan

AirRaid said:

The other major thing I can see is that in this footage he was either always sprinting, or actually had the always run option turned on. Most of the other footage, they are walking about half the time so it looks way slower.

Sprinting? You mean with the haste powerup toggled maybe? As far as I know there is only one speed unless that was changed and I missed it.

MrDeAD1313 said:

Sprinting? You mean with the haste powerup toggled maybe? As far as I know there is only one speed unless that was changed and I missed it.

I think you're right, but on console if you don't hold the stick all the way you walk a bit. PC it's full throttle or nothing. It makes dodging a split second quicker since it's just binary.

TheWizard said:

I think you're right, but on console if you don't hold the stick all the way you walk a bit. PC it's full throttle or nothing. It makes dodging a split second quicker since it's just binary.

I guess that is one thing I like about the console controller, the variable movement speed (though that is really more for games where going fast isn't always the best thing).

LittleBurger said:

I guess that is one thing I like about the console controller, the variable movement speed (though that is really more for games where going fast isn't always the best thing).

It comes in handy for peaking corners, but there are techniques in traditional shooters by just using friction on the walls, but yeah...it's actually nice in CoD, got lots of kills because people couldn't hear me.

Getting a little off topic here tho :P

TheWizard said:

Ah yes very true. Didn't consider the thumb sticks.

TheWizard said:

It comes in handy for peaking corners, but there are techniques in traditional shooters by just using friction on the walls, but yeah...it's actually nice in CoD, got lots of kills because people couldn't hear me.

Getting a little off topic here tho :P

True.

Gameplay wise of someone playing through some part of the game for some amount, I have to say the vid this thread is based around is probably the best so far.

Paul's Hardware uploaded a recording of the same demonstration but at 60 fps and it is closer to the screen.

AirRaid said:

The other major thing I can see is that in this footage he was either always sprinting, or actually had the always run option turned on. Most of the other footage, they are walking about half the time so it looks way slower.

It's just a combination of high FOV and a player who's actually not messing around. He's playing the game as efficiently as possible.

ReFracture said:

Paul's Hardware uploaded a recording of the same demonstration but at 60 fps and it is closer to the screen.

It might be closer to the screen but the video quality looks like ass to me. It's way blurrier and the contrast is higher so it kinda ends up looking worse than the first one.

Yes I am nitpicking the quality of cam footage, because there is nothing else left to talk about. :P

Dammit Ling you beat me by like 2 minutes.

E: For whoever was asking about the Revenant "jetpack disable and fly away and explode" animation, it happens in this video after a glory kill. It rockets the revenant into the ceiling where it explodes.

HellVain said:

"you proved to be weaker that I thought you'd be"

"She proved to be weaker than I thought she'd be."
They don't even sound the same, and it wasn't even the right context seeing as Hayden was explicitly talking about 'Oliver' releasing the hell wave. How'd you muck that up?

Edward850 said:

They don't even sound the same, and it wasn't even the right context seeing as Hayden was explicitly talking about 'Oliver' releasing the hell wave. How'd you muck that up?

lol sorry, I was distracted by the gameplay so i thought he said "you".

Im curious, why the game seems faster than other videos (and im not talking about FPS, but gamespeed in general)? is it the increased FOV? or did they increased the game speed?

Linguica said:

Fast movement, big guns, lots of monsters to kill. That sure looks like Doom to me.

After the disappointing multiplayer beta, this is exactly what I needed to see, honestly.

DMPhobos said:

Im curious, why the game seems faster than other videos (and im not talking about FPS, but gamespeed in general)? is it the increased FOV? or did they increased the game speed?

I think it's because it's being played with a mouse and keyboard.

So envious of PC masters getting this game. My fingers itch after watching that vid, I was constantly thinking about how I'd manouver with the PS4 controller!

Edward850 said:

"Olivia".

Thats why I play on PS4 honestly.

I prefer mouse and keyboard, but I dont want to buy a high end
gpu to play at stable 60fps. I hope xim4 gets a good config for Doom...