Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

I need a list of WADs, about which there are no vids on Youtube. How to do it?

I want to do something useful, and thus, when it comes to videos, I always want to record WADs about which, at the time of the recording, there are no videos on Youtube.

There are exceptions, I admit, but this is a usual principle.

Googling every possible WADs are way not as funny as you'd think, so I want to find a proper method for it. Do any of you have any idea, how to start?

I have a Doom video database on my computer, with 100 000 URLs, but it's way enough, as it misses some of my own videos, for example.

Wouldn't the demo archives be a good place to start? I mean, a large chunk of the well regarded YT-content comes from there, or is it not? Anything else I could come up with involves entering "DOOM" into the search bar and sifting through, well, lots of videos and their respective descriptions.

Can you at least somehow easily get a list of all wads that are in your database?

Sure Bowb said:

Wouldn't the demo archives be a good place to start? I mean, a large chunk of the well regarded YT-content comes from there, or is it not? Anything else I could come up with involves entering "DOOM" into the search bar and sifting through, well, lots of videos and their respective descriptions.

There's a looooooot of demos that aren't on youtube. In fact, I'd say the vast, vast, vast majority of them aren't.

Cynical said:

There's a looooooot of demos that aren't on youtube. In fact, I'd say the vast, vast, vast majority of them aren't.

Demos are one thing, the respective wads are another one entirely. Not saying you're wrong here.

Sure Bowb said:

Cynical said:

Actually, I'm exactly doing that: searching for demos in doomedsda.us, and recording them in GlBoom+. The issue is that some great demos are already uploaded, and I interested in UV/NM-Speed only, as UV/NM-Max demos are often enormously long.

ALT.WAD still has a severe lack of demos. there are also some Cacoward winners with no demos, hint hint

Katamori said:

Actually, I'm exactly doing that: searching for demos in doomedsda.us, and recording them in GlBoom+. The issue is that some great demos are already uploaded, and I interested in UV/NM-Speed only, as UV/NM-Max demos are often enormously long.

So, uploading demos of wads that have not been "touched" before is not the only thing you're after. Your opening post kinda implied that, for me at least.

I mean, you're browsing these forums more often than I did in the past, for obvious reasons... Isn't there a way for you to determine the likelyhood of uploaded runs by "popularity" of said wads? It sounds like leaving next to no margin for error here is more time consuming than having an uploaded demo out there twice, if you know what I'm trying to say.

Sure Bowb said:

Isn't there a way for you to determine the likelyhood of uploaded runs by "popularity" of said wads? It sounds like leaving next to no margin for error here is more time consuming than having an uploaded demo out there twice, if you know what I'm trying to say.

Well, I search for certain demos in Youtube, even if its search system for Doom vids is terrible. If I can't find something, then I upload it. It's not that time-consuming.