Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EternalWolf

Looking for a fan made DOOM "HD" screenshot recreation/art.

It wasn't a capture from the actual game, nor was it a mod/HD textures, but it was basically drawing of a screenshot that looked like a painting. Basically it looked as if someone took a screenshot from the game, then took a blank piece of paper/computer tool/whatever and recreated it to look like a painting.

The art style looked like it could have realistically been done in a remake/HD Textures, but it wasn't anywhere near as cartoonish/colorful as DOOM and fell more along the lines of a clay or matte like substance.

The shot itself contained no enemies, hud and I dont believe there was a weapon either. It was from one of the earlier maps of DOOM or DOOM II, where there is half box platform on one edge of the map hanging out over a river of nukage and you can see the huge walls on the other side. By half box I mean that square area where you can walk in but there are walls on all three sides that go up to the waste of Doomguy, allowing you to see over but not fall into the nukage.

I first saw this image around 5-10 years ago, or so it feels like, and havent been able to find it since. I think it was from Deviantart but I still cant find it. Just hoping someone hear knows what I am talking about as it's been a pretty big pain in the ass to find, especially when I remember the search terms I used being along the lines of "DOOM HD".

The funny -or impressive- thing is that this screenshot was supposedly done with CAD-like raytracing and should have -in theory- visuals that no real-time engine at the time (2010 or so?) could/should be able to replicate with reasonable performance. And yet, look at Reinchard's HD Replica project.

Best looks!

Shame that doommarine82 pissed off after his "friend" reinchard threat him like a bitch. BTW have you notice the acid it's not look like in new doom reborn version. Curios is reinchard yelling about stealing and some crap idea but zigzag from the screen above looks different to reborn version.

Uh. You can contact him and make textures for him, why don't you do this?
Isn't it strange that I have no problem working with Doom Reborn team and any other teams with any problems? Is easy to talk others what they should do with their work and time. Go try it man. I'm very curious to see how you react when others will start to yelling about what you should do with your work. You can easily see that in thread you called I'm not offended anyone, unlike the OP. I just inform that he shouldn't use my work because he resign for coaporation after a few pointless quarrels for which I had no time. So i decide to start working with Doom Reborn team because I really care about making hires replica of Doom. But when I read that kind of complaint I sometimes start thinking about throwing all that work to garbage. But... naah

@up what for this attack? I was thinking you are doing stuff for fun, but now I see it's hard work for you. Maybe you shoud quit this. I've just say I'm curios why in DR are not present this acid stuff, and that's all. You are so nervous man. Keep calm, it's forum, so we can talk. But as I saw your conversion with dm82, hmm, you know - your own private stuff you should talk on pm not on forum. I hope you two make someday nice real doom conversion, cause I was thinking you were friends. Cheers and keep calm XD

back to theme - I found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOeMIqFrLdk

I saw many really interesting things on ue4 for doom.
http://kotaku.com/unreal-engine-4-makes-doom-very-uh-angular-1760980928 I think I saw it on doomworld, but I don't remember

BJBlazko said:

"friend" reinchard threat him like a bitch... is reinchard yelling about stealing and some crap idea but...version.

And you say that I'm attacker? Where you see attack? I just gave you proposition, that all. I'm calm, and I'm never attack anyone on this forum. Obviously playing Doom in higher resolution is real fun to me, but for do this I previously have to do the work. I have nothing to you. You wish that I should quit this? Thats all? I have strange filling that I'm again in that shit-storm "agressive doom" thread and talk with op. But I don't want to off-top too much. Thats all. Wish you more peace.

About renders, here's my old work, nothing special:
https://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/74266-some-doom-inspired-render/

BJBlazko said:

Shame that doommarine82 pissed off after his "friend" reinchard threat him like a bitch.

Please refrain from deliberately trying to start a fight. If you have an issue, take it to a PM.

BJBlazko said:

Best looks!

http://i.imgur.com/hmFJeK1.jpg

Shame that doommarine82 pissed off after his "friend" reinchard threat him like a bitch. BTW have you notice the acid it's not look like in new doom reborn version. Curios is reinchard yelling about stealing and some crap idea but zigzag from the screen above looks different to reborn version.

Acid? I always saw it as nuclear waste, especially since drums of it are explosive. Acid isn't typically known for blowing up when introduced to fire and there's even a Nuclear Facility on Phobos. =P