Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
julz_d

How are people getting an early copy of this game?

Even IGN can't have one. What makes the other random people able to get a copy of doom?

1. Stores like target can fuck up sometimes and just sell it early

2. Stores in 2nd world countries like UAE and brazil break street date all the time

mistercow said:

1. Stores like target can fuck up sometimes and just sell it early

2. Stores in 2nd world countries like UAE and brazil break street date all the time

But isn't it illegal to break street date? You'd think those stores would get into a lot of bother.

Shredder said:

But isn't it illegal to break street date? You'd think those stores would get into a lot of bother.

Probably not worth the time and money to deal with overseas litigation. There are probably numerous legal or government loopholes that allow the retailers to say, "Don't care, kthxbye" as they disregard letters from Bethesda's legal team.

Stealing it out of the stockroom, maybe?

I mean, let's be serious, the folks guarding your local Walmart copies aren't being paid nearly enough to have a copy (or two) go "missing", nor are they protecting something under such scrutiny like gold at Ft. Knox.

In fact, the person responsible for inventory probably has no idea what doom is.

Shredder said:

Not that I'm aware of. Publishers just refuse to do business with you if you do that, but it's not something that can affect the small mom & pop stores.

Job said:

Probably not worth the time and money to deal with overseas litigation. There are probably numerous legal or government loopholes that allow the retailers to say, "Don't care, kthxbye" as they disregard letters from Bethesda's legal team.

Makes sense I guess. Seems with every passing day, more and more people get their hands on a copy of Doom 4 and spoil something. Hope there's still some surprises in the campaign left.

Buckshot said:

Stealing it out of the stockroom, maybe?

I mean, let's be serious, the folks guarding your local Walmart copies aren't being paid nearly enough to have a copy (or two) go "missing", nor are they protecting something under such scrutiny like gold at Ft. Knox.

In fact, the person responsible for inventory probably has no idea what doom is.

Walmart the same place where the stupid alarm goes off when elderly people try to leave the store with their groceries Because A cashier forgot to scan an item right. Honestly I don't know .

I bought my copy of RoE weeks early from my local Walmart.

Shredder said:

Implying they give a fuck.

As a former electronic store owner in germany I want to give you a little insigt.

In europe ist publisher->major reseller->stores

So to guarantee Doom is in stores 13th, the store itself gets the game
the same week. Sometimes there is a huge yellow sticker on the packages "do not sell before XX" an that you will be charged xxxxx€ if you violate that embargo.

Fifa 14 was "up to 200.000€" if I remember correctly.

Games like Skyrim came without such a sticker. GTA V was about the same as Fifa14.

I just handed the games to friends or importent customers since the publishers
cant identify which reseller broke the embargo.

Dont try that with Apple or Samsung. They check all IMEIs and the know exactly
witch reseller around the world sold the iPhone before the official kickoff.

official release date, is not equal to the official release date for distributors, they get it early to distribute to you in the right date, but soem of them selle them early to soemone, because he is a firend or whatever, or the store it self play it and upload video

A few minutes ago i received the message that my copy is on their way. I ordered in austria but live in germany. So i guess at least the austrian people will receive their games tomorrow. And maybe i got mine too, if the postal service is fast enough.

I cant imagine that this is a single case. Maybe a lot of people will get their games on 12th.

Just a small question?
Is the whole pre load thing for PC version only? Or it applies for the Ps4 and XONE consoles too?

It applies to all digital distribution. So yes, consoles included. In fact the Xbox had it first for a week or so.

Am i confusing this with Fallout 4 where you have to download the major part of the game anyways. Even when bought the retail version?

Enforcer said:

Disc image

Good for you, I am gonna play it on the PC.

Glaice said:

Good for you, I am gonna play it on the PC.

It'll be 6 years before I can probably play Doom 2016 on PC.

And it will be a little bit before I could even put everything as high as possible since I'm running on slightly aged hardware.

My only option to play would be Xbox one or play at one frame per second and melt my laptop

Do I have the right to be a little ticked off that people are getting It early?