Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RUSH

So the new CoD trailer is the 4th most disliked video on all of Youtube...

The trailer for the new Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare was uploaded only a week ago and it already has over 1.5 million dislikes. At this rate it won't be long before it reaches Rebecca Black - Friday level of meme awfulness.

On the flip side look at how good the Battlefield 1 trailer is doing. Almost the exact opposite feedback. And it's set in freaking World War I:

RIP Call of Duty?

Most disliked all-time video list for comparison: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLirAqAtl_h2o1ism1dr5SbvB8Mf7Ve6Aa

Guest Unregistered account

Good.

Seriously though, it does kinda surprise me. I thought there'd be more fanboys with alt accounts liking it.

Now, how long until DoomzRules gets here?

That's a surprising amount of dislikes. But at the same time, not really too surprising either. 2016 - The year CoD finally became overrated?

I love how every single franchise that deals with space - ever - likes to think that people will battle each other with such archaic forms of battle. Is technology really going to keep doubling every two years (I know there are arguments about Moores Law right now), but we'll just stick to the "modern" equivalent of a tank? Something like the Death Star is more realistic.

Even though there are three videos with more dislikes in terms of numbers, the actual like : dislike ratio on CoD - Infinite Warfare is the single worst of all time on all of Youtube.

The icing on the cake is they have the nerve to remaster CoD 4: Modern Warfare but make it a mandatory $80 bundle purchase. You can't even buy it separately! And they have the balls to exclude some of the maps! Only 10 are confirmed right now.

Yeah, lets skimp out on content from a 2007 game. Are you kidding me? It has come to this now?

Good, i'm sick of these COD games, COD4 is a decent game and has a balanced MP unlike the bs MW2 one, but having to buy the goddamn legacy edition or whatever it's called is bullshit right there, seriously, not to mention 10 only maps in MP, that's stupid, why not have the remaster in a 3-in-1 package, i mean like those trilogy remasters out there, these have all the 3 games in one disk for a affordable price that everyone can buy.

That's hardly a surprise, CoD is an overrated franchise anyway.

Haven't played a CoD since Black Ops 2 (which kept crashing) but I have to admit I'm rolling my eyes at all this. You know what's worse than the people who love CoD? The people who hate it.

Azuruish said:

MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA!

@Joe667

Hi! You have conjured up the DoomzRules! A person a lot like Alucard from Hellsing Abridged.

Now you see here's an interesting story.

COD: Infinite Warfare is proof that people want change but they also want variety as well.

See, COD's problem is that when they change, people bitch and complain because the definition of change for COD usually means that we get three games of the same type.

Infinite Warfare, Black Ops 3, and Advanced Warfare are all futuristic.

And....

In my opinion? The best COD was Black Ops 1. Oh and I really feel that if they want to remain relevant they should just make an Iraq War COD that's really realistic and gory.

A gory realistic COD set in the Iraq War would sell well; because a lot of people are mad at the lack of actual COD games set in you know... actual conflicts.

Modern Warfare franchise kinda satired action movies and the whole War on Terror but never really touched upon actual conflicts.

Black Ops 1 was about the old Cold War.

Black Ops 2 is about the proposed "future Cold War"

And well...

Yeah...

World at War was pretty good as well... I wouldn't mind if they did an HD remaster of World At War, but you know they'll probably hold that game hostage too lol.

I mean I really want to play COD4 Remastered, but they are holding it hostage behind a shitty Halo/Star Wars ripoff.

Seriously? COD should stick to actual war.

Halo is WAY better as is Star Wars Battlefront... though I mourn the lack of space battles in the new Battlefront....

dethtoll said:

You know what's worse than the people who love CoD? The people who hate it.

Pretty much. It's like they do not have better games to play instead of wasting their time shitposting about CoD.

Played them until MW3 for (heh) the singleplayer. They are now forever uninstalled I guess. This is isn't the kind of game that's aging well imo, and since I do not have plenty of time for gaming, it had to be the first thing to go. Got a lot of fun at slaughtering armies of mobs in hollywoodian settings for a while, which is what's really important.

DoomzRules said:

World at War was pretty good as well... I wouldn't mind if they did an HD remaster of World At War, but you know they'll probably hold that game hostage too lol.

I second this actually. You know, I think people are just getting sick of so many future shooters. With Battlefield 1 it's cool to go back to World War II type games again. They were overpopulating the market a decade ago but now it's the other way around with advanced warfare being overrepresented.

RUSH said:

I second this actually. You know, I think people are just getting sick of so many future shooters. With Battlefield 1 it's cool to go back to World War I type games again. They were overpopulating the market a decade ago but now it's the other way around with advanced warfare being overrepresented.

There I fixed it for you. Sorry! :P

But Battlefield 1 takes place in WW1 not WW2. So you know... mustard gas is a thing. Would you like some mustard with the bratwurst? lol

Knowing me I'll probably be eating bratwurst with mustard while I play on the German side and kill all the bloody Allied Forces... (I still believe that the Germans were simply defending the innocent Austrians who were wrongfully attacked by Black Claw or whatever it was called!)

So yah.

Anyway, I think they should explore the Korean War or Vietnam War personally....

I don't know, Infinite Warfare looks like it's trying to do something new for CoD. If the game was released as just Inifinite Warfare, and no mention to CoD was made, I feel as if it wouldn't nearly garner the same amount of backlash.

However, Battlefield 1 looks kinda cool. WWI, with some some possible dieselpunk influences.

And so the Doom hate ends and the next victim is in the spot light.

Doom sucks, I was a massive fan! It sucks cuz... um... what's Doom again? F%#% CoD!

RUSH said:

Yeah, lets skimp out on content from a 2007 game. Are you kidding me? It has come to this now?

For the record, they're re-creating a lot of meshes to have higher polycounts.

I was interested in Infinite Warfare, but i'm much more drawn into BF1, CoD already has BO3 and Advanced Warfare for futuristic settings, not counting Titanfall.

DoomzRules said:

Modern Warfare franchise kinda satired action movies

Exactly, it satired old good trashy action films, and that's why MW series were so cool and memorable (and that's not to mention WWII CoDs, which were inspired directly by Saving Pvt. Ryan/Enemy at the Gates, and they kicked ass!), while all CoDs starting with Black Ops II are directly inspired by Michael Bay's films, and that's why they suck. (And this one, too)..

Spoiler

At least music in this trailer is kinda good (it is a remix of one of the David Bowie's songs, afaik)

I'm glad Battlefield is going for a World War 1 setting. I wouldn't be surprised if the gameplay wasn't original or any different though.

ChekaAgent said:

Exactly, it satired old good trashy action films, and that's why MW series were so cool and memorable (and that's not to mention WWII CoDs, which were inspired directly by Saving Pvt. Ryan/Enemy at the Gates, and they kicked ass!), while all CoDs starting with Black Ops II are directly inspired by Michael Bay's films, and that's why they suck. (And this one, too)..

Spoiler

At least music in this trailer is kinda good (it is a remix of one of the David Bowie's songs, afaik)

I kinda agree... I mean the MW series was pretty good I'm not gonna lie. Though I wish that we had a COD set in the Iraq War or Afghanistan War with really realistic graphics and super bloody, like so much gore it makes people puke. :P

I mean it is war we are talking about. Not some cartoon. :3

The only game I play is Verdun. I'm borderline obsessed with WWI, the history, the horror... all of it; so Battlefield doing a WWI game is fuckin' bad ass. My quest to stop gaming at all whatsoever will come down to whether my laptop will run it or not I suppose.

Oh... and CoD. What a joke.

the bandwagon mentality goes both ways. it used to be in the side of the fanboys, now it's the haters or the "CoD changed, it sucks now" camp.

Still gonna get this game though, I'm always in the mood for Call of Duty.

I hope CoD continues to see decrease in overall sales from the past couple years ago.

the bandwagon mentality goes both ways. it used to be in the side of the fanboys, now it's the haters or the "CoD changed, it sucks now" camp.

Hating CoD was cool when MW1 was released. It's been a good 3-4 years now since hipsters started hating on CoD haters, and if this thread is any indication the trend doesn't seem to change.

In the end, we're still talking about a cutscene heavy QTE filled NPC worshipping corridor shooter with trite story in a mundane setting with 2007 graphics (well, Crysis 1 looked better, but think average here). Out of all hills anyone could choose to die on...

I for one have never cared for CoD, not even the first game as I preferred Hidden and Dangerous 2.

I actually like the new conception of Battlefield. It's something really new and interesting. Quite a lot of people just tired of modern and sci-fi thematic so this is like fresh air.
With CoD everything worse - instead of creating something what they do the best - they just went far away of they main conception as they could. Everything began from World of War and now it's cosmos fight ala Stars Wars... Fuckin great. Even worse that it seems like they will not sell you remastering of Modern Warfare until you by this stuff for 80$... Holy fuck how goddamn it expensive is.

Hating on CoD is still considered to be cool, and it is easier for kiddies to join the bandwagon instead of putting some effort into forming an opinion of their own. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if fair share of those downvotes are a result of some sort of organised bombing campaign from one of the usual suspects.

Game will still sell a ton though, this reminds me of that boycott against MW2 on PC, where every other member of "movement's" steam group was playing the game on its release day.

Actually, there is a very good reason to hate modern CoD games: the PC optimisation of modern CoDs is just beyond terrible.. Activision absolutely doesn't give a shit about PC players at all.. This is a big mistake, considering that PC players are more important than those console scrubs..

I wonder why they didn't disable likes\dislikes when they noticed that the video isn't doing too well? Are they that ballsy? Or are are they enjoying this bad publicity?