Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rheap

No custom things show in GZDoom Builder

Post the DECORATE code of the actor(s) that don't appear in the editor, and say which "Game Configuration" you're using in the editor.

scifista42 said:

Post the DECORATE code of the actor(s) that don't appear in the editor, and say which "Game Configuration" you're using in the editor.

The game configuration that i use is GZDoom: Doom 2 (UDMF Format) and the DECORATE code of the actor is here:

ACTOR BlackTorch 180
{
Radius 16
Height 60
+SOLID
States
{
Spawn:
BTOR ABCDEFGH 3 Bright
Loop
}
}

Try changing its number to one that is not one of the standard editor numbers. Otherwise, as long as the actor is defined in the wad where your map is, or in one of the wads that you set as Resources for your map in the mapping editor, the actor should be available in the "Decorate" category in the thing list.

The thing you're trying to add is replacing this because it uses the same DoomEd number, change it to something else then add it to a category using this :

//$Category YourCoolThings
It should look like this
ACTOR BlackTorch 15000
{
Radius 16
Height 60
+SOLID
States
{
Spawn:
BTOR ABCDEFGH 3 Bright
Loop
}
}
It will be displayed under that Category in editor .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

The thing you're trying to add is replacing this because it uses the same DoomEd number, change it to something else then add it to a category using this :

It should look like this
ACTOR BlackTorch 15000
{
Radius 16
Height 60
+SOLID
States
{
Spawn:
BTOR ABCDEFGH 3 Bright
Loop
}
}
It will be displayed under that Category in editor .

Ok, but seems don't work, i can't see again and i just insert the category strings.

Always make sure there is a unique number next to the Actor string. Without a number placed for the content it won't appear in your editor / wad.

15000 is a unique DoomED number, unless he is using another actor which has the same number.

Rheap said:

Ok, but seems don't work, i can't see again and i just insert the category strings.

You have to copy/paste every lump from blacktorch.wad and append them below the last lump in your pwad.

Spoiler

{edit}
Of course, you could omit the Info and Credits lumps, however, since you are using someone else's efforts, I would strongly suggest to leave them in.

Kappes Buur said:

15000 is a unique DoomED number, unless he is using another actor which has the same number.

You have to copy/paste every lump from blacktorch.wad and append them below the last lump in your pwad.

{edit}
Of course, you could omit the Info and Credits lumps, however, since you are using someone else's efforts, I would strongly suggest to leave them in.

So i need to insert in the DECORATE the names of all sprites?

No, you only need to make sure that the sprites themselves are (ideally) in the same wad where your DECORATE is, complete with the S_START/S_END markers above and below them.

scifista42 said:

No, you only need to make sure that the sprites themselves are (ideally) in the same wad where your DECORATE is, complete with the S_START/S_END markers above and below them.

This is the image wad of the thing that i want in doom builder. Seems to have all... but is this that don't work. http://imgur.com/P0cgJ6W

Did you copy all of these lumps into the wad with your map, or are you putting "BlackTorch.wad" into the "Resources" window in the map editor?

scifista42 said:

Did you copy all of these lumps into the wad with your map, or are you putting "BlackTorch.wad" into the "Resources" window in the map editor?

I'm put into the resources in game configuration.

Make sure that the file path in the Resources window leads to your modified BlackTorch.wad where the actor number is 15000 or whatever unique number you set there, and not to the original unmodified BlackTorch.wad as you downloaded it from Realm667 or the one where you put number 180.

As I mentioned above, copy/paste every lump into your pwad

Spoiler

then you can use the blacktorch anywhere in your pwad without having to resort to load your pwad ( abc.wad ) and the resource pwad ( blacktorch.wad ) separately.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

The thing you're trying to add is replacing this because it uses the same DoomEd number

Irrelevant because the peasant is a Strife class, not a Doom class.

^ It's certainly irrelevant for the source port that would load and play the game properly anyway, but might it be relevant for the map editor as to whether it displays the actor in the thing list or not? I think GZDoom Builder had some similar quirks before.

Kappes Buur said:

As I mentioned above, copy/paste every lump into your pwad

then you can use the blacktorch anywhere in your pwad without having to resort to load your pwad ( abc.wad ) and the resource pwad ( blacktorch.wad ) separately.

Now it works, thanks