Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

So how does the new user created content work?

It looks like no matter what, you will need a STEAM account to play this game - or at the very least, to create maps. Will those maps be available outside of the Steam universe? For instance, can I create a map that I can place on the internet, have people download (for pc)? Also, from what I've read, it doesn't seem like people will be able to take it to the next level and do total conversions and such? Am I reading this wrong?

There may be a workaround for sharing the actual map files outside of the game, but since the in-game content sharing is cross-platform (PC players can download console players' levels and vice versa), don't expect that functionality to ever be officially supported. It's very clearly meant to be an in-game-only type of thing.

Anyone still doing total conversion mods IMO are retarded. Just make a fucken game in Unity or UE4.

TheWizard said:

Anyone still doing total conversion mods IMO are retarded. Just make a fucken game in Unity or UE4.

I guess you're entitled to your opinion.

TheWizard said:

People have their own preferences. I switched over to Unity because I like having a truly 3D engine and Unity's 100% royalty free so I don't have to sacrifice that aspect of Doom modding but it's obviously a lot more difficult due to that extra layer, not to mention making a game is just harder period since you don't have a pre-existing game with AI behaviors and assets to springboard off of.