Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChickenOrBeef

DOOM Collector's Edition Thread

Some new goodies & bundles to pre-order with GAME (UK).

DOOM - SEASON PASS £29.99

Thrustmaster Headset Y-300CPX - DOOM Edition - £49.99

Thrustmaster Headset Y-350X 7.1 Powered - DOOM Edition - £129.99

Exclusive GAME Bundles
* DOOM Collector's Edition
* DOOM Collector's Edition Strategy Guide
* DOOM Season Pass
* DOOM Classic Framed Art (Hi-resolution artwork printed on top quality Fuji-film paper, and displayed in a lightweight wrapped MDF frame, with shatter-proof styrene. Wall hangers are also provided)
WITH CHOICE OF
* Thrustmaster Headset Y-300CPX - DOOM Edition - Total bundle cost = £199.99
OR
* Thrustmaster Headset Y-350X 7.1 Powered - DOOM Edition - Total bundle cost = £279.99

LINK - http://www.game.co.uk/en/accessories/doom-headsets/?inStockOnly=false&merchname=hubdoom-_-accessories-_-doomheadsets#Page0

Here's a (German) unboxing video of the Collectors Edition.

The Revenant statue looks very nice, although the paintwork looks darker than the one shown in the UFC video (might be his camera and room lighting).

Steelbook has embossed tile. It does have inside artwork which wasn't shown properly, but unfortunately you can tell it's not the awesome original Doom redesign.

https://youtu.be/OgBEd_mt58A

Graphic_Delusions said:

The Cacodemon stress toy..

http://i.imgur.com/o27SO0Q.png

Vestigial Chicken Legs, I see.

In the most akward way.... Cacodemon having chicken legs seems rightfully fitting. and I guess that brown thing right under his legs would be his b-hole?

Graphic_Delusions said:

Here's a (German) unboxing video of the Collectors Edition.

The Revenant statue looks very nice, although the paintwork looks darker than the one shown in the UFC video (might be his camera and room lighting).

Steelbook has embossed tile. It does have inside artwork which wasn't shown properly, but unfortunately you can tell it's not the awesome original Doom redesign.

https://youtu.be/OgBEd_mt58A

EDIT: I should tone back the initial salt and vitrol.
I still think the statue and steelcase are cool, just a little disappointed that I can't have the cool alternate cover on my shelf too.

The Civ said:

Are you fucking kidding me?
The CE doesn't come with the reversible art??
God dammit.
Wish I didn't pre-order this.

I assumed we were substituting the cool box art remake for a steelcase, and if we wanted that box art insert, we had to buy a standard copy?

The Civ said:

The Civ said:
Are you fucking kidding me?
The CE doesn't come with the reversible art??
God dammit.
Wish I didn't pre-order this.

What were you expecting? You can't reverse a metal box that doesn't have a jacket...

CheeseOnTheMoon said:

What were you expecting? You can't reverse a metal box that doesn't have a jacket...

To be fair, some collector's editions include both the steelbook case and the standard case so that you always have the option of using either one. I bought a MGS HD collector's edition which did this.

TurboBr0 said:

To be fair, some collector's editions include both the steelbook case and the standard case so that you always have the option of using either one. I bought a MGS HD collector's edition which did this.

Actually, I have quite a couple of steelbook special editions here, where inside the steelbook is nothing else then the "stock" case with discs, because stuff like i18n is easier that way.

TurboBr0 said:

Ah ok, my bad then. I rarely buy collector's editions and the only one I bought in the past few years was for fallout 4 which only came with the steelbook.

Got my Collectors Edition today, very impressed :)

When I opened the box, the whole thing stunk of paint spray fumes, as if they were recently painted. Anyone else get this?

I got mine!

But it didn't have a strong smell of paint.

Spoiler

Mine is coming in the mail, should be here tomorrow or Monday. My wife went in today and bought herself one as well. Statue is impressive, but I got screwed on the cards kind of: I got eight of the cards and then an extra cyberdemon; She's missing the spectre. :( Which sucks because we were gonna frame the front/reverse of two sets so now I guess I'll be scrounging eBay in the future. :P

Guest MIND

The game was 79 dollars here and they wanted an extra 100 just for a statue, fancy case, and an artbook. No thanks.

No strategy guide, poster, in-game goodies?

What a rip-off. Don't want to have to wait to order online.

MINDustry said:

The game was 79 dollars here and they wanted an extra 100 just for a statue, fancy case, and an artbook. No thanks.

No strategy guide, poster, in-game goodies?

What a rip-off. Don't want to have to wait to order online.

$179!? That's a rip-off. It was only $104 after tax...

Guest MIND
CheeseOnTheMoon said:

$179!? That's a rip-off. It was only $104 after tax...

I bought the strategy guide seperatley.

I can do without a statue, metal case, and artbook, really.

All I want is the Guide and some IN GAME DLC.

A GOOD bundle is the UK Bundle.

Headset, Statue, Posters, Metal Case, Strategy Guide, T-Shirts, and the works. MAYBE I'd get that package if the store near me offered it but apparently the North American collectors edition isn't that good.

Guest MIND
Graphic_Delusions said:

Some new goodies & bundles to pre-order with GAME (UK).

DOOM - SEASON PASS £29.99
http://i.imgur.com/JGiq5za.png

Thrustmaster Headset Y-300CPX - DOOM Edition - £49.99
http://i.imgur.com/k4yhP1L.png

Thrustmaster Headset Y-350X 7.1 Powered - DOOM Edition - £129.99
http://i.imgur.com/J7ZA7sp.png

Exclusive GAME Bundles
* DOOM Collector's Edition
* DOOM Collector's Edition Strategy Guide
* DOOM Season Pass
* DOOM Classic Framed Art (Hi-resolution artwork printed on top quality Fuji-film paper, and displayed in a lightweight wrapped MDF frame, with shatter-proof styrene. Wall hangers are also provided)
WITH CHOICE OF
* Thrustmaster Headset Y-300CPX - DOOM Edition - Total bundle cost = £199.99
OR
* Thrustmaster Headset Y-350X 7.1 Powered - DOOM Edition - Total bundle cost = £279.99
http://i.imgur.com/yuHip4T.png

LINK - http://www.game.co.uk/en/accessories/doom-headsets/?inStockOnly=false&merchname=hubdoom-_-accessories-_-doomheadsets#Page0

THAT is a good bundle worth buying.

The North American one sucks. No headset, No Seasons Pass, and no Strategy Guide.

Just unboxed my revvy statue, and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. The last CE I bought was for fallout 4, and as many of you probably know the pip-boy was utter trash. It's a cool collectible and good for cosplay but other than that it's terrible.

The detail on the statue and overall quality is superb. I love the slightly slack-jawed look it has.

I received my Collector's Edition on release day, and I'm very impressed by it overall. The Revenant statue is very detailed and the light and turbine effect is a nice touch.

Mine did have the paint smell when first opened, but it wasn't overwhelming.

Graphic_Delusions said:

When I opened the box, the whole thing stunk of paint spray fumes, as if they were recently painted. Anyone else get this?

Jup, same here. Same stenche why I am no longer allowed to use some spray paints indoors and had to get special equipment to soak up the fumes when airbrushing. It really stank like I just sprayed a huge model kit with clear varnish.

Then again: I love the model. Only thing that would be cool if the fan would turn as slowly as it turns at first. When I put the batteries in, it turned very slowly, and it was awesome, but then (when it got warm? or the lubricant got...lubricating? the bearing) started to get faster and faster, into Disco-mode. Guess I'll have to open that thing up and see where some resistors are needed or even a PoTi to control the speed of spinning :) )

It definitely is one of the best collector edition models I ever got.

I may seem very stupid for asking this but... is there an on and off button?