Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RUSH

So the new CoD trailer is the 4th most disliked video on all of Youtube...

Whatever the reason, they don't seem too fazed about it.

After the CoD fanboys saw Doom 2016 and how much freedom it offers, they have finally come to their senses. They saw how FPS games originally were and want that.

Either that or people want CoD to stay with modern weapons, inventory, armor, etc.
Edit- pressed dislike. Really awful.

Halo's got that Space shit

Doom's got the Hell shit

CoD's got the War shit (not anymore!)

HavoX said:

Whatever the reason, they don't seem too fazed about it.

Not the first nor the last high profile game that suffered through basement dweller campaigning prior to its release, yet still sold tons and got excellent reviews.

Cyanosis said:

2016 - The year CoD finally became overrated?

CoD has been overrated for a long time.

ChekaAgent said:

This is a big mistake, considering that PC players are more important than those console scrubs..

I'm actually very sure that there is more money in the console crowd than the PC one.

Neutrino said:

Hating on CoD is still considered to be cool, and it is easier for kiddies to join the bandwagon instead of putting some effort into forming an opinion of their own.

Considering how CoD is aimed for the kids/teens I highly doubt it is them who are saying that the games are bad.

It's funny because Fanboys always complained since MW3 that the Series was oversaturated, and "repititive" and then they go with something actually unique in someway they all complain about it being somewhat unique.

Now BF1 is in WW1 and stealing all the fanboys, CoD will probably make the jump back to WW2 or WW1 to become a Battlefield rip-off again.

Honestly CoD has been shit since Bo2 IMO, the MP was pretty good, Zombies wasn't too bad, Campaign wasn't as engaging as CoDBo1 but was still engaging.

But Frankly I don't care about COD, when that hole has been filled with Doom, a much better game series.

kuchitsu said:

I wonder why they didn't disable likes\dislikes when they noticed that the video isn't doing too well? Are they that ballsy? Or are are they enjoying this bad publicity?

No publicity is bad publicity eh?

They just don't care, because it doesn't matter to them. As long as it sells, Activision couldn't care less what the internet thinks of the game.

They explained it here: http://kotaku.com/activision-responds-to-the-call-of-duty-infinite-warfa-1775103402

TL;DR is that people are still pre-ordering like usual and in the past, reactions like this have happened and have only boosted the sales of the game.

You know what's stupid?

There's an age restriction on the trailer, yet I barely see ANY kind of gore, blood, etc. Violence may have been the reason, but for fucks sake, it an FPS GAME! And its part of CoD too!

dethtoll said:

It's because the game is rated M.

So... previous games weren't M?

And the Doom Launch Trailer, also M.

Edit- oops, the ESRB one is age restricted. But not the PEGI one.

Still.

Look at the old Campaign trailer. It doesn't have age restriction and yet is so violent.

250,000 dislikes away from being the #2 most disliked Youtube video. Damn. But I wonder if it will actually have any impact on sales. Like CheeseOnTheMoon said, maybe not.

This video is relevant, especially for those that like to pretend how recent CoD SP campaigns are bad:

I decided to watch it. Seems like people want more of the same and were upset that's not what they got. It's the only CoD game that's ever looked even remotely interesting to me. Don't get me wrong, it still looks generic, but I've never enjoyed any of the previous titles.

I do sort of understand people being upset that it's not at all consistent with the rest of the series, but there's like 80 CoD games so who gives a shit like seriously

Frankly, the fact that the series is changing things up can only be a good thing. God forbid they be allowed to experiment a bit. That's the irony -- they can make a killing on the name alone, which gives them the room to try new things.

They should just make a really realistic COD set in the Afghanistan War/Iraq War with realistically detailed blood and gore... why? For fuck's sake it's an FPS rated M! What Voros said is 100% right!

COD just needs to either go back to its roots, or they need to try to be relevant TODAY with what's going on you know... like ACTUAL WARS like the Syrian Civil War, the Yugoslav Civil War, the Vietnam War, Iraq War, Gulf War, or the Afghanistan War!

You do get why CoD4 so deftly sidestepped that, right? It's one thing when you're talking about a historical conflict, or a future one. It's quite another when you're talking about real-world present-day conflicts.

CoD4 managed to capture the state of the world of the time (2007) without making direct reference to the actual factors that influenced the fictional conflict(s). This is important; at the time it wasn't considered tactful to make a game out of a conflict that was still ongoing, and depending on how you do it, it still isn't. There's a reason there was a controversy over Medal of Honor 2010's multiplayer letting you play as the Taliban.

dethtoll said:

You do get why CoD4 so deftly sidestepped that, right? It's one thing when you're talking about a historical conflict, or a future one. It's quite another when you're talking about real-world present-day conflicts.

CoD4 managed to capture the state of the world of the time (2007) without making direct reference to the actual factors that influenced the fictional conflict(s). This is important; at the time it wasn't considered tactful to make a game out of a conflict that was still ongoing, and depending on how you do it, it still isn't. There's a reason there was a controversy over Medal of Honor 2010's multiplayer letting you play as the Taliban.

Oh I'm aware of the controversy. It just makes me feel angry because people get outraged about that but not if you play as a Nazi or a Communist in multiplayer. But the second you play as an Insurgent it's game over man! Game over!

I mean I'd like an Afghanistan War/Iraq War COD that shows all three perspectives.

The perspectives of the Americans and NATO, the perspective of the government forces and the perspective of the insurgents.

I think that would be pretty cool. Anyway, if that can't be done... then maybe we just need another COD like COD4. :P

DoomzRules said:

It just makes me feel angry because people get outraged about that but not if you play as a Nazi or a Communist in multiplayer. But the second you play as an Insurgent it's game over man! Game over!

dethtoll said:

It's one thing when you're talking about a historical conflict, or a future one. It's quite another when you're talking about real-world present-day conflicts.

dethtoll said:

.... I guess. I mean....

Insurgency's been released on the PC. It takes place during the Iraq War and lets you play as US/NATO forces vs Islamic State of Iraq insurgents...

Nobody has an issue with it on the PC.

But I guess if it was released on the Xbox One or PS4 there'd be complaints right? :P

Nobody gives a hot shit about Insurgency though. It flew in entirely under the radar and a big part of that is because it started off as a HL2 mod. Same reason you could fuck a sheep in Arcanum and nobody noticed while everyone freaked out about running hookers over in GTA3 which came out around the same time.

So yes, you're right, if it was on console there'd be a shitstorm. Is it such a surprise though? Greater accessibility = greater exposure.

Can anyone explain why everyone hates this game so much? It seems to offer all the standard bells and whistles of any CoD title and the only thing I can see is people just screaming how bad it is without reason. I have literally played the game once years ago and never got interested. Is it literally because it is set in space?

Caffeine Freak said:

'Yes, yes, you've all played COD before. But have you played COD... in SPAAAAACCE?'

In space, no one can hear you butt chug Mountain Dew

deadwolves said:

Can anyone explain why everyone hates this game so much? It seems to offer all the standard bells and whistles of any CoD title and the only thing I can see is people just screaming how bad it is without reason. I have literally played the game once years ago and never got interested. Is it literally because it is set in space?

The roots of the COD franchise has largely been a "boots on the ground" military shooter. Starting with Black Ops II the franchise has sort of rebranded itself with double jumping, sliding, wall running and other sorts of airborne maneuvering. COD: Infinite Warfare is heading even farther in that direction with even more anti-gravity elements and that is leaving a lot of people feeling alienated from what the older titles used to be about. It changes the dynamics of multiplayer, mainly.

deadwolves said:

Can anyone explain why everyone hates this game so much?

Not sure about everyone, but a lot of people hate Activision's desicion to bundle with CoD: Modern Warfare Remastered with CoD: Infinite Warfare. See, nobody gives a shit about Infinite Warfare, because it's another futuristic CoD (everybody's now tired of futuristic CoDs, people want something different),.. however, everybody's looking forward to Modern Warfare Remastered (because it's a remaster of CoD4, which was one of the best). However, you can't buy Modern Warfare Remasterd only; you can only get it, if you buy a special edition of Infinite Warfare, which costs $80. People are, of course, very angry about this and that's why there're many many dislikes on the video. That's what i think.

RUSH said:

I second this actually. You know, I think people are just getting sick of so many future shooters. With Battlefield 1 it's cool to go back to World War II type games again. They were overpopulating the market a decade ago but now it's the other way around with advanced warfare being overrepresented.

The problem with war shooters, in my opinion, is they're afraid to break the believable mold and attempt to go with something legitimately creative. Doom is about marines, you could argue it's a war shooter of sorts, but it went in a different direction by having the enemy be the spawn of hell rather than man. Also doesn't help that enemy variation tends to be extremely lacking in these games. Your enemies tend to just be generic assault rifle wielders that require you to duck and weave. It would be like a Doom WAD with exclusively chaingunners.