Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Graphic_Delusions

GAME (UK) Pre-Order

Has anyone had their pre-order shipped from GAME yet?

I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition on 4th February.

Received confirmation email on 10th May (last Tuesday) that funds have been paid and they're packaging the order.

Still no shipment confirmation...

From GAME's FAQs

When will my pre-order arrive?
We ship pre-orders up to 3 working days before release to give you the best chance of getting your item in time for the big day.

Graphic_Delusions said:

Has anyone had their pre-order shipped from GAME yet?

I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition on 4th February.

Received confirmation email on 10th May (last Tuesday) that funds have been paid and they're packaging the order.

Still no shipment confirmation...

From GAME's FAQs

So I'm not the only one wondering where my copy was this morning. :) I ordered from Ebay but no response to an email I sent yet either. Hoping it'll be here tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about your first world troubles.

Shredder said:

Sorry to hear about your first world troubles.

Cheeky!

I would Avoid contacting customer services. I just spoke to them via live chat and they're useless at giving any information that is already known. They also gave me contradicting information on shipment, to which I had to correct them.

I recieved an email yesterday at 10:46am:

game.co.uk said:

Good news! Your order will be on its way to you very soon. We're just packing it at the moment and will email you again when it's shipped.

But no shipping confirmation has been received as of yet. Seems I can't pre-load the game on steam earlier, my closed/open beta copy of doom has removed itself from my library.

I really hope it arrives early tomorrow or at the very least that I'm able to pre-load it, I've booked tomorrow off work to enjoy this!

Shredder said:

First world troubles.

Dragonfly said:

I've booked tomorrow off work to enjoy this!

You and me both!

I should have just not pre-ordered it and bought in store since they appear to have plenty available.

I wonder whether the amount of Uncharted 4 orders this week has caused delays for DOOM? This is not like GAME to be behind like this.

I think I might go against your recommend and try calling their customer support services myself this lunch break, just to see what I get out of it. And yeah, I'm with you on that "shouldn't have preordered" mentality, but I really wanted the Revenant ornament, heh.

Graphic_Delusions said:

You and me both!

I should have just not pre-ordered it and bought in store since they appear to have plenty available.

I wonder whether the amount of Uncharted 4 orders this week has caused delays for DOOM? This is not like GAME to be behind like this.

I ordered the collectors edition and I got an email yesterday saying it was being packaged and they will be sending it out soon. Since then nothing, I log on to my account and it says unshipped :/ . To their defence though, customer support told me they nearly sold out so depending on how many they have to ship they probably didn't prepare themselves very well for large orders.

Annoyingly I also ordered a cd key from Kinguin and found out they not releasing codes until launch so no early preload for me :(.

I was thinking of purchasing it on steam tonight, and getting a refund with their 'any reason' policy, but the 2 hour playtime or less limitation is a killer I think.

Protip: Preorder games on Steam, especially when you can preload the game. Guaranteed Day One playabliity.

That being said, there's still time for your collector's editions to be delivered. And I wouldn't put too much stock in shipping confirmations; I've had them a week after I'd received a package. I hope you all get what you paid for.

It's quite strange. I preordered the CE from Amazon, and in the past, every CE I preordered from them (last one beeing Dark Souls III) arrived AT LEAST one day before launch, sometimes even two or three days.

Mine hasn't shipped yet. I still think I'll get it tomorrow, but it seems strange regarding my experience with them and CEs.

GAME customer service is awful, I was on the phone for half our on 3 occasions and had no answered, all I had was the recorded message telling me "someone will be with me shortly. In the meantime check out Battleborn".

Took about an hour waiting until someone answered when I tried online chat.

Dragonfly said:

Well, my lunchtime was consumed unexpectedly so I had no opportunity to call. Live chat it is.

https://i.gyazo.com/941de99cb9e0974981eac9f594fc6141.png

I wouldn't bother with Live Chat.

I spent a long time this morning waiting and I was only 3rd in the queue. When you're put through to someone, they take 5 minutes to answer each typed reply which suggests they are dealing with more than one customer at a time.

When did you pre-order your copy?

DoomUK said:

Protip: Preorder games on Steam, especially when you can preload the game. Guaranteed Day One playabliity.

That being said, there's still time for your collector's editions to be delivered. And I wouldn't put too much stock in shipping confirmations; I've had them a week after I'd received a package. I hope you all get what you paid for.

Its way 2 expensive. Not worth it, imo.

I made my preorder a day after you, 5th Feb. I've been 8th in the queue now for 10 minutes. But it's cool, I'll leave the live chat window open on my second monitor until I am spoken to, or my shift ends in 2hr 20, whichever comes first.

magma86 said:

Its way 2 expensive. Not worth it, imo.

Where is cheaper, and by how much? You get what you pay for in life (unless you order from GAME.co.uk it seems). Buying on Steam you'll get great download speeds, day one access, the ability to pre-load the game etc.

EDIT: I intended to edit my previous post and add this comment to it opposed to post a second time, if an admin wishes to merge the two posts, you're welcome to.

EDIT2: *yaawn*

Dragonfly said:

Where is cheaper, and by how much? You get what you pay for in life (unless you order from GAME.co.uk it seems). Buying on Steam you'll get great download speeds, day one access, the ability to pre-load the game etc.

EDIT: I intended to edit my previous post and add this comment to it opposed to post a second time, if an admin wishes to merge the two posts, you're welcome to.

EDIT2: *yaawn*

https://i.gyazo.com/409bffd1c9006be46a745c4d644d0f77.png

Here in Sweden its about 570 kr (59,99 euro) if you buy it through steam even in the most expensive stores in Sweden, the physical copy still costs around 12 euro less. And for digital download you can get it cheaper on gmg or g2play (just 2 mention a few). Ok, fine. You will get WTNO: the old blood. This time, because its doom i want to have the physical copy. I dont know about people playing on ps4 and xboxone, but ive seen a few people playing doom days before its even released on pc.

So, whats the point of preordering it on pc digitally? I mean, you still have to wait until they activate it on steam. Sure, you can still preload it and play it as soon as it goes online. It will save you a few hours at best. I will have to wait until after work tomorrow before i can pick it up in my local store. Then i have to download it. So, yeah. I will be a few hours behind people who preload it on steam because they got their keys earlier.

Besides, i have not noticed any difference in downloadspeed when preordering from steam, gmg or even activating my physical copies on steam.

...Should have gone digital!

Guess I'll use my spare time to 'move lots' to offset the lack of anything I'll be doing when I get my copy.