Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ztkt

My first wad

some screenshots if you're curious:

my reaction:

Spoiler

anyway, this thing is even beatable?

So, it's basically a lot of big rectangular rooms with a lot of baddies in 'em, and very little of everything else, really.

I did not yet make a "funcionting" map, but... You might wanna start smaller, and stuff, and maybe use another theme, too, you know?

The first and second map are beatable. I'm not sure about the last

yaqxsw said:

I like play hard WADs, but I cant join your WAD...

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net

I don't know a fix. i hope someone can solve that

Sure Bowb said:

So, it's basically a lot of big rectangular rooms with a lot of baddies in 'em, and very little of everything else, really.

I did not yet make a "funcionting" map, but... You might wanna start smaller, and stuff, and maybe use another theme, too, you know?

Well the maps have a lot traps.

Can anyone tell me how do i make tunnels? even original doom 2 has tunnels and underground paths and i would want to learn

I've tried the first map but i can't beat it. For the moment after those cyberdemons i should have added another powerup.

Aw mah dat texture misaligment.

Anyway this map is pretty bad... you know, ummm, try Boom format. Would be better for everyone. Also don't forget to watch JohnSuitepee's streams (he's mapping sometimes, bwah! DAS GUT!), and I believe in you.

ztkt said:

Well the maps have a lot traps.

Can anyone tell me how do i make tunnels? even original doom 2 has tunnels and underground paths and i would want to learn

Do you mean a tunnel where there's something above or below an already used room (like a vent shaft you can go into and crawl through above a room of baddies) or just a tunnel from A to B without an overland route?

First would require use of 3D floors in G/ZDoom, the second is like how it's done in Doom 2 and is simply some sector floor and ceiling heights which can be sorted with something like doombuilder 2.

EDIT: Also, when you just do a punch at the beginning of map 3, I swear there's a sonic boom caused by the combined anger of 10,000 Nazis.

If it looks bad, it probably is... and what you've provided here is disgraceful. There are a million youtube tutorials, check out Chubz for basic mapping idea's, read the wiki's and see Lings WAD editing for noobs... I spent about two days reading that golden material. Please don't post garbage or people will get use to ignoring "My first wad" threads. Thanks.

PseudoGold said:

Do you mean a tunnel where there's something above or below an already used room (like a vent shaft you can go into and crawl through above a room of baddies) or just a tunnel from A to B without an overland route?

First would require use of 3D floors in G/ZDoom, the second is like how it's done in Doom 2 and is simply some sector floor and ceiling heights which can be sorted with something like doombuilder 2.

EDIT: Also, when you just do a punch at the beginning of map 3, I swear there's a sonic boom caused by the combined anger of 10,000 Nazis.

Lmao yes i know. The sound is loud, and caused by the big alien custom monsters i added

I understand now. It's all about the sector and ceiling heights.

MistAche said:

If it looks bad, it probably is... and what you've provided here is disgraceful. There are a million youtube tutorials, check out Chubz for basic mapping idea's, read the wiki's and see Lings WAD editing for noobs... I spent about two days reading that golden material. Please don't post garbage or people will get use to ignoring "My first wad" threads. Thanks.

Did you try the wad? I made mmany traps + other stuff for the last map

Well, it's obviously not the best, that's for sure. Feedback is always important in this case, however, and I highly recommend you look at various Doom Builder tutorials to help you out.

Almost everyone's first doom WAD sucks anyway, so don't feel bad.

ztkt said:

Did you try the wad? I made mmany traps + other stuff for the last map

I don't even know where to start... "mmany traps". Yeah ok. Stuff the map full of monsters and call it traps. Thanks for one of the worst gaming experiences I've ever had... Map 3 man, are you on drugs?