Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Eliminate all doubts my friends, because this game is fucking awesome

So after waiting all night I FINALLY got to play it. It's 1 past midnight so I was only able to play the first few missions and have about 90 min invested into the SP so far. And yet, I can safely say that this game has completely blown away my expectations.

One of the first things that stunned me was that there was literally zero time spent wasting my time at the start with story elements similar to Doom 3. I was expecting at least a short Doom 3 style intro level, but instead you are just thrown pretty much straight into the action right away. And as for the action itself, it fucking rocks. Guns feel awesome. Killing feels awesome. Glory kills are actually fairly easy to execute even if you turn off the highlights because the enemies animate differently when they are weak and in fact I would recommend you play the game this way. Oh, and the game is hard. The players we saw in the SP footage are probably very good at the game, because even at HMP the game is actually considerably hard. They weren't kidding when they said "move or die". Stand still for too long and enemies will tear you into pieces in seconds. Another thing that I like is that you actually need to be careful with your ammo which means that unlike the first game the pistol is actually useful since it has unlimited ammo. I dunno what I feel about the player having unlimited grenades but at least the recharge time is long so it's hard to abuse it. The level design is also quite nice though still a bit more linear that I expected. I haven't checked out snapmap or the multiplayer yet.

Overall, if you were worrying about the game being bad there is no reason to. Doom is fucking back baby!

I fucking loved the intro level. Though it had me wondering why UAC staff were worshiping him.

doom guy enters the elevator Samuel starts talking about how sorry he is about whats happening all the while doom guy cracks his knuckles and then proceeds to break the elevator controls.

Doomguy is pissed.

watstha said:

Could you confirm if you can disable the two weapon limit in snapmap?

Haven't checked out snapmap yet. I waited until midnight so I could play the game instantly. I am pretty much half-asleep lol. Someone else will have to confirm that cus I'm going to bed. I just wanted to let people know that the fears about the game sucking are unwarranted and that the game is in fact really really fun.

HellVain said:

I fucking loved the intro level. Though it had me wondering why UAC staff were worshiping him.

doom guy enters the elevator Samuel starts talking about how sorry he is about whats happening all the while doom guy cracks his knuckles and then proceeds to break the elevator controls.

Doomguy is pissed.

Yeah, I loved the intro. I especially like how quickly it puts you in control. Before you know it, you've got a pistol in your hand blasting zombies. Then not long after that you're wrecking shit with the shotgun. It doesn't take long to get started (unlike DOOM 3, which was a borefest), that's for damn sure!

hardcore_gamer said:

Haven't checked out snapmap yet. I waited until midnight so I could play the game instantly. I am pretty much half-asleep lol. Someone else will have to confirm that cus I'm going to bed. I just wanted to let people know that the fears about the game sucking are unwarranted and that the game is in fact really really fun.

No problem, man. Guess I´ll have to check that out in a couple of hours.

FUCK YEAH MAN! I saw some gameplay on Youtube. 90's shooters are back man!

Between this, Shadow Warrior, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, and some others...

The 90's style of FPS games are back. All we need now is a new Quake game or a Blood reboot and we'll be set for life!

This new Doom though... IEOJFOIRJGIRONGOIRGMOIRNGOIRGORIGOIERGOIJREOIGRE
*has spasm on keyboard*

It looks fucking incredible!!!!!

NEED TO PLAY NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA the hype is too much. I have to play some Project Brutality with Hell on Earth starter pack since that's the closest thing......

Just watched TotalBiscuitss stream, here's what he said; Phenomenal, I did not except this, iD has done it again, superb game (not direct quotations but you get the idea)

BluePineapple72 said:

Just watched TotalBiscuitss stream, here's what he said; Phenomenal, I did not except this, iD has done it again, superb game (not direct quotations but you get the idea)

It's id Software's best game since before DOOM 3, there's no doubt about that.

chubz said:

It's id Software's best game since before DOOM 3, there's no doubt about that.

Well, let's be serious here, probably since before Quake 3 Arena... since, while I like quake 3 and deathmatch, wasn't much of a traditional game.

BluePineapple72 said:

Yup, he was really praising it.

HellVain said:

Doomguy is pissed.

That has me confused, actually. Doomguy just wakes up, sees a zombie, kills him in a rather casual manner and then proceeds to smash every communication terminal before whoever the NPC is can explain who he is and what is going on. You do not even get to know who you are supposed to be.

I am not asking for the Doom 3 opening level all over again, but some context would have been nice. Right now, it feels as if the developers are actively discouraging you from taking interest in the story - which, if it is the case, makes you wonder why they even bothered writing one in the first place!

Can someone upload the full intro sequence on Youtube.

Glad we are all happy with what we got!
Now I gotta wait for the guys in my country to crack it! :P

BluePineapple72 said:

Man I gotta stop watching shit that will spoil this game for me, by the way how's the ending (don't say what happens but how is it?)

The Doomguy is actually the demons all along.

Quit with the story nonsense.

This isn't Doom 3. In fact, Doom 3 probably has a better story.

THIS IS RIP AND TEAR like the classic Doom's.

Is it as good as Doom 1 and 2? Maybe. I need to unlock nightmare, but the level design isn't holding up for me. Too easy to miss the various collectibles that give upgrade points. Also, the flow of the levels isn't so hot. I got confused several times. Granted I don't use the map, but still.

The combat is fucking flawless though. I am having a blast now that I am facing lots of different enemy types 3 hours in.

Played one mission on Xbox. Switched to PC. This is a true DOOM game we have here ladies and gentlemen! My GOD it's good :)

Just watched the tail end of Total Biscuit's SP stream (he didn't finish the game). He ended with (something close to this, cant quite remember) "ID! Wow, that..fucking awesome, quite the game you have created here, THAT was fucking awesome, thank you."

Just played an hour of it and the single player is a lot of fun!

The general consensus is that we have to hate the multiplayer too, but I played that up to level 3 and I had fun.

So 2 funs = a fun game?

Ironhound said:

Quit with the story nonsense.

This isn't Doom 3. In fact, Doom 3 probably has a better story.

THIS IS RIP AND TEAR like the classic Doom's.

Is it as good as Doom 1 and 2? Maybe. I need to unlock nightmare, but the level design isn't holding up for me. Too easy to miss the various collectibles that give upgrade points. Also, the flow of the levels isn't so hot. I got confused several times. Granted I don't use the map, but still.

The combat is fucking flawless though. I am having a blast now that I am facing lots of different enemy types 3 hours in.

The story for doom 2016 is perfect

it's literally an over complicated version of "are you a bad enough dude to kill all the demons?"

Don't underestimate the Cyberdemon. You don't just circlestrafe around him anymore.

Attack pattern for Spider mastermind is very impossible to beat her in Nightmare and Ultra Nightmare, holy shit!

Meanwhile, I have to suffer with a 4-year-old laptop for a "few" more months until I have all components ready for a new PC because I get a laughably small monthly paycheck for being a mere student... ;_;

Woke up at the crack of dawn, played the first 4 levels this morning. It's really hard to drag myself away from my computer. Doom '16 is GREAT.

BluePineapple72 said:

Man I gotta stop watching shit that will spoil this game for me, by the way how's the ending (don't say what happens but how is it?)

The Final Boss fight is AMAZING! The ending. .well. .It's there. .I guess. .It's a Half-Life sort of ending!

MFG38 said:

Meanwhile, I have to suffer with a 4-year-old laptop for a "few" more months until I have all components ready for a new PC because I get a laughably small monthly paycheck for being a mere student... ;_;

Poor guy :(