Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mjf6866

hows it run on ultra for those that are playing already?

while i'm waiting for my amazon pre-order to arrive, i'm just wondering how its running on higher settings for you guys?

please post your specs too

thanks

CPU: Dual Xeon X5650
RAM: 32 GB
Harddisk: slow-ass 1 TB HDD (at least where Doom is installed, OS is on SATA SSD)
GPU: nVidia Titan (first gen, not the "X"), so somewhere between 970 and 980

Just tested with everything on Ultra, 1080p, Motion Blur disabled (I hate it) on second map.

I get constant 40+ FPS, NEVER under 40 (even in arenas when stuff is happening), in corridors it's at 55 to 60.

I played the campaign on high settings, and basically never got under 60 FPS. The engine is awesome.

Currently downloading it on my gaming rig (dual 980 SC, 32 Gig, i7 6700K, M.2 SSD), and will test 4K with that.

wow you have a monster gaming rig man!

here is my mid level gaming system:

i7 6700k @ 4.0ghz
Radeon R9 390 8GB
16GB DDR4
250GB SSD
MSI gaming mobo

hoping i can play comfortably on ultra in 1080!

i5 4590 3.3ghz
8gb ram
gtx 970

everything on ultra except motion blur is off, and so is chromatic abberation.

60-80 fps average, peak around 120. lowest drop around low 50s.

i3-6100
radeon r9 380x
16gb ddr3

Have not tried Ultra, but on High at 1080p I get around 60-100 fps in the first map. Currently messing with AMD's driver software to see if I can limit it to 60 fps because I dont want it to sound like a plane is lifting off at my desk.

Vorpal said:

i3-6100
radeon r9 380x
16gb ddr3

Have not tried Ultra, but on High at 1080p I get around 60-100 fps in the first map. Currently messing with AMD's driver software to see if I can limit it to 60 fps because I dont want it to sound like a plane is lifting off at my desk.

I noticed that the new Crimson beta drivers has support for Doom in the release notes. I'm going to try that first to see what happens when my copy arrives.

FX-8320
16GB
GTX 980

Runs like cream @ ultra settings, everything turned on, 1080p. I installed it on my SSD as I heard it can help with alleged texture pop-in.