Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

DOOM music tracks already ripped (and torn)

you're a god among men, mr. Linguica.

Been looking for that all day and night.

Thank you! Thank you!

Quasar said:

Is there actually a way to "get" most of these?

Here's a pseudo tutorial I saw:

To those interested in trying to extract the music from the game (because its so fucking GOOD!!!)

I used Ravioli Game Tools to extract the .wwise_a files, and then a tool called wwise_ima_adpcm (it's the sound converter one)

Open ravioli, point it at the streamed_sfx.pck in your /DOOM/base/sound/soundbanks/pc/ folder and have it output wherever

Copy wwise_ima_adpcm.exe to the output folder (mine was called sfx)

Throw this garbage script into a dicks.bat file, and save it in the new sfx folder that ravioli made, then run it and wait

for %%f in (*.wwise_a) do wwise_ima_adpcm -d %%f %%f.wav && DEL &&f
pause
Eventually it will finish, sort the folder by file size, all the biggest ones are your dope OST files!

:siren: This will consume no less than 9.5GB of additional disk space in .wav format

I can't tell if there are a ton of duplicates for a reason, or the extraction is fucking up somehow. If you know, pls tell me!

A few actual songs I've found so far, by filesize in KB:
23,528 generic metal
20,932 this has some of the NiN-ish rhythm guitar
18,801 very concussive and bad ass
18,336 credits / ending?
17,842 epic orchestral music from hell
15,970 also extremely concussive
etc

Hopefully posting instructions like this is kosher :ssh:

I wish more Metal bands were like Mick Gordon :allears:

kuchitsu said:

this legal?

Probably not. No.

But you see a legitimate release to pay for out yet?

As soon as they release a official OST, I'm all over it. But this will do in the interim.

Well, a bit funny to see the site admin posting it then. o,o Usually people get so much shit for sharing iwads, etc.

kuchitsu said:

Well, a bit funny to see the site admin posting it then. o,o Usually people get so much shit for sharing iwads, etc.

Found doomworld when I was googling for launch options/secret locations, was not expecting to find the throwaway soundcloud account I made along with the instructions I wrote last night!

(I think I read guides on here about a decade ago when I was learning how to make maps for Doom/Quake, never got a chance to say thanks so: thanks!)

I personally only wanted the extremely well produced/mixed/mastered psuedo-numetal/djent bits, but like most game music they are split into several pieces and will have to be chunked together to get a "song length" amount of music. Hopefully they follow through and do a good job with this, assuming they do eventually sell the OST (which I will be first in line to buy!)

I was not aware that they went through the trouble of re-tracking all of the original songs they used, so I just went through and uploaded everything I could find for y'all (if it's shorter than 13 seconds it won't be uploaded)

Same account! These are how the files are named out of the pck, I'm not cool enough to know which tracks correspond with which levels, but if you give me the level/name/song title I will be happy to update on SC

https://soundcloud.com/user-908799112

Am I the only one who noticed the menu music from DOOM 2016 is a remake of the menu/startup screen music from DOOM 1?

I think they pointed that out in one of the very first streams/youtube videos they did

They've always had a weird fetish w/ the menu music, didn't they get someone who used to tour w/ NiN to do Doom 3's theme?

Thanks, now I'm trying to imagine some sort of perfect future where Trent Reznor does the full soundtrack for Quake 5

Linguica said:

Get 'em while they're hot! (And extant)

Got it thank you. Am I wrong or the main menu and Doom's Gate are missing?
Also did you figure out the appropriate number for each sound file? (for editings sake)

Uploading everything would probably get the account shut down, that is why I have also included instructions on how to do this yourself :)

The filenames on the soundcloud are the official filenames from the .pck itself. There are no numbers because these aren't complete songs, they're just one of several slightly varied loops. You would want to piece those together yourself if you wanted actual songs per level. (But they would be missing a lot of the additional layers that are triggered by various in-game events like glory kills etc)

sneakyness said:

But they would be missing a lot of the additional layers that are triggered by various in-game events like glory kills etc)

First of all thank you for sharing those files. Unfortunately my laptop can barely handle doom 1 at the moment :P and i didn't want to follow illegal ways to get the tracks (such as torrent). If you can find a way to bybass the ban and upload all the files that would be awesome!

riky_rice said:

First of all thank you for sharing those files. Unfortunately my laptop can barely handle doom 1 at the moment :P and i didn't want to follow illegal ways to get the tracks (such as torrent). If you can find a way to bybass the ban and upload all the files that would be awesome!

The bypass is for you to pay for the game and rip the files yourself. You don't need to run the game to unpackage the content that you get when you pay for it

Changed the URL to in honor of everyone asking me to give them all of the content for free http://soundcloud.com/retard4

sneakyness said:

The bypass is for you to pay for the game and rip the files yourself. You don't need to run the game to unpackage the content that you get when you pay for it

Changed the URL to in honor of everyone asking me to give them all of the content for free

Cool down. I will buy the game for sure, When I'll be able to play it. And thank you, Im deeply honoured.. As I will be honoured too when ill be able to buy the soundtrack that is not out yet, and brobably will never be

sneakyness said:

Buy the game if you want to buy the soundtrack, which you can play right now on your garbage laptop

I'm deeply sorry for making such dirty thoughts

You literally only registered to come here and beg for someone else to help you pirate content, your entitlement is amusing if nothing else

sneakyness said:

You literally only registered to come here and beg for someone else to help you pirate content, your entitlement is amusing if nothing else

Seen from your perspective I admit you're totally right. But that doesn't change your attitude

Both of you have less than one fucking day here, and this is how it's gonna go down for you both?

Almonds said:

Both of you have less than one fucking day here, and this is how it's gonna go down for you both?

haha right to the point. Sorry guys if my posts were inappropriate feel free to delete them

Yeah, this is really far from the optimal way of enjoying the game's soundtrack. They better be working on proper OST arrangements. They'd be insane to pass that up.

MOV_Games said:

Are there any more remixes of classic Doom 1/2 songs besides At Doom's Gate?

Like i said, the main menu theme is highly reminescent of E1M8 "sign of evil", at the beginning. Then when it starts to kick in it is very similar to E2M6 "sinister"

MOV_Games said:

Are there any more remixes of classic Doom 1/2 songs besides At Doom's Gate?

There's E1M2 for the destroyed post-Hell Argent Facility.