Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Never_Again

Armadosia v2.1 demos [-complevel 2]

The final version (v2.1) of the 10th Anniversary Update is up and should replace the 2005 WAD for all of your demo-related needs.

* Features *

Vanilla behavior: the main goal
Pistol starts: naturally
Difficulty levels: if you must
Coop: yes, sir, limited to 2-player though (think third wheel and all that)
Looks: somewhat more polished without losing that oldschool feel
Demo-worthiness: as high as you could expect of a WAD built on such a scale

* Compatibility *

Prboom-plus -complevel 2: tested extensively with and recommended
Chocolate Doom: tested extensively with and not recommended. You can dodge the VPOs for a while but they will get your ass sooner or later (on MAP32 right at the start)
Choco-plus: mmmm, yes ... except for MAP28 (BLOCKMAP too large, sorry)
vanilla: let's say that if I had a $1,000 for every map playable in DOOM2.EXE from start from finish, it still wouldn't be enough to pay the bills long enough to make the rest of the WAD vanilla-compatible
Crispy: sure, why not
CNDoom: ditto, but don't expect any points
Eternity: it's a free world, but do you really have to do that to yourself and others?
Doom95: surely you're jesting, Pops?
Boom: "Doom the way it was meant to be" vs. "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" — choose wisely, your Doomguy's immortal soul is at stake
Zdoom, GZdoom, Zdaemon, Zandrodum, LaLaLandoom: Mommy, please make the bad man stop!

* Naming convention *

"arma2015-map#-category-time" is recommended but really anything is OK as long as it's not some cryptic 8.3 shit and doesn't scroll off the screen at 1024x768. DOS has been dead for 15+ years and Compet-N for 10; do you want to be next?

edit (2016-05-18): updated (upgraded? ;) to v2.1

Shukran for the demos, Yousuf. I'm glad to hear you don't find the WAD boring anymore. Your improvement on my MAP04 run was impressive, too. Of course, I spend extra time on killing all Lost Souls, so your demos and mine don't really compete directly.

There's a small boatload of runs from last year on my had drive. These fill all the gaps in the Armadosia UV-Max tables (both the original and the v2) on DSDA. The demos are still awaiting TXT writeups.

Additionally I did vanilla-compatible takes of most of the maps Revved mistakenly recorded on with Boom/MBF complevels (although my times are not necessarily faster) and did a couple of demos on maps that had UV-Maxes for the original version but not the v2, as the maps underwent significant gameplay changes (e.g. MAP08 and MAP11).

Also note that today saw the release of v2.1. The changes are minor for the most part, except that any demos recorded on MAP11 v2 (I am not aware of any) might desync with the v2.1.

The /incoming on /idgames will probably take a few days to clear this upload, so here is the direct link (MediaFire) to the v2.1 ZIP for the time being.

Never_Again said:

Also note that today saw the release of v2.1. The changes are minor for the most part, except that any demos recorded on MAP11 v2 (I am not aware of any) might desync with the v2.1.

The /incoming on /idgames will probably take a few days to clear this upload, so here is the direct link (MediaFire) to the v2.1 ZIP for the time being.

A new version of Armadosia! So cool. Thanks a lot, Never_Again :) I really like this megawad despite knowing its long length and difficulty, so I will try my best to complete all maps. It's really shame that there are not enough demo for this map, looks like people gets bored when playing this wad :(

Hey there, I discovered this wad a few days ago and the description caught my eye, started playing it and I really like it. Getting lost is not very hard in this I must say but that's part of the fun.
Will watch some demos to see how it's supposed to be done and where all the secrets are I keep missing. :D
I also really like how the levels act like they are connected with you starting in the ending location of the previous one.
Don't know if I'll have the time to try and do some demos for it but will definitely be watching this thread.
Will be watching all the demos I can find after I play the respective level first, looking forward to it.

Hi there, it's really nice that you like the wad. I will look forward to watch your demos :) I'm trying to do Armadosia demos too :D

Attempting to UV-Max the remaining undone maps. Will do other ones later on.

Map 19 UV-Max in 10:51

Map 24 UV-Max in 16:19

Map 28 UV-Max in 27:54

Map 19 NoMo 100 in 4:43

Map 24 NoMo 100 in 8:21

Map 28 NoMo 100 in 10:19

(I am doing NoMo 100 demos simply to serve as a guide to help those who may get stuck in some levels.)

ar19-1051.zip

ar24-1619.zip

ar28-2754.zip

ar19os443.zip

ar24os821.zip

ar28os1019.zip

Armadosia now has UV-Max across all its maps. Will probably now do the remainder of the NoMo 100 runs.

Map 21 UV-Max in 11:08

Map 22 UV-Max in 9:28

Map 25 UV-Max in 13:39

Map 31 UV-Max in 3:14

Map 21 NoMo 100 in 3:24

Map 22 NoMo 100 in 3:16

Map 25 NoMo 100 in 6:59

Map 31 NoMo 100 in 0:40

arma2016 8demos.zip

4 hours ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

Armadosia now has UV-Max across all its maps

Cool, great job!

@Never_Again Wake up my friend, your efforts have paid off :).