Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMGUY_GODMODE

Theory for new DOOM Story

Tritnew said:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/05/12/the-first-18-minutes-of-doom

Yup, they posted the opening levels of DOOM, and by the looks of It, Doomguy Is REALLY, REALLY one pissed off marine.

Looks like he's getting sick of the UAC's shit now. And the weirdest of all, they look like they worshipped him, or some UAC employees sealed him from the looks of It.

I think they we're worshiping him as a death god, I mean they worship hell, why not worship a being that HELL fears? like how people back then worship war gods in the past irl, asking forgiveness and strength.

HellVain said:

I think they we're worshiping him as a death god, I mean they worship hell, why not worship a being that HELL fears? like how people back then worship war gods in the past irl, asking forgiveness and strength.

Like the clingiest of fans. Maybe the demons just want our autograph.

HellVain said:

I don't think Doomguy Is a being, but then again, he has pentagrams on his hands by the looks of It, all that time he stayed In Hell, I guess he became a powerful being as you said. Which doesn't bother me.

EDIT: Also, Samuel Is a villain too. So we gotta deal with him.

From what I've seen from the Intro level, It gave me an idea that Doomguy is in fact not just a killing machine, He's still cares about humanity. When Samuel said "we went to their world for the betterment of humanity" he looks at the dead body and that's what ticked him off the most. He's more of an anti-hero along the lines of the punisher, which is perfect.

Seems to be various mentions to Doom 3 such as:

- Mentions of the Tablets showing Doomguy with the Soul Cube
- Certain weapons play the Rocket Launcher select sound from Doom 3 when selected
- Mixom returns, and they manufacture some of the Doors as well
- In the first level a small alien brick obelisk with strange characters appears.
- Olivia Pierce is just a female Betruger :P
- General Hayden reapers this time as Science Director Sam. Hayden (obviously a small reference to how Hayden was intended as a minor antagonist next to Betruger in 3)
- Sp00ky atmosphere appears in some form.
- Wraiths reappear supposedly (I don't know what they look like :P)

Tritnew said:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/05/12/the-first-18-minutes-of-doom

Yup, they posted the opening levels of DOOM, and by the looks of It, Doomguy Is REALLY, REALLY one pissed off marine.

Looks like he's getting sick of the UAC's shit now. And the weirdest of all, they look like they worshipped him, or some UAC employees sealed him from the looks of It.

You should see him when he is asked to "gently remove [a thing] from the machine". I laughed when he simply kicked it off, breaking everything in the process.

Somethings tells me that Samuel is gonna be the Icon of Sin in Doom 5... Think about it, Samuel's soul is inside that robot body, but i'm sure that his soul will be transferred into a flesh demonic body... And it's a big one!

tuo said:

You should see him when he is asked to "gently remove [a thing] from the machine". I laughed when he simply kicked it off, breaking everything in the process.

I just did that, I laughed as well. This game has an interesting sense of humor.

DoomzRules said:

What about Space Communists? What? Everyone always bashes the Nazis, but nobody really bashes on the Commies too much... especially the Stalinists...

Just sayin'. :P

Because somebody still remember why WW2 is happened, why "Allies" sucked alot for looong-long time and, which is important, why "Allies" as well as Nazis was really afraid of USSR Army.

tuo said:

Me too, the game doesn't take Itself seriously like most shooters today.

That's DOOM for ya.

DOOMGUY_GODMODE said:

In the new DOOM the DOOMGUY seems to be an ancient human
like in DOOM3. if you've played DOOM3 at the end you find ancient tablets that tell a story of an ancient civilization
saved by an ancient warrior DOOMGUY and in the 2016 DOOM, DOOMGUY is an ancient warrior. i know this is
a reboot to DOOM1 but what if at the same time it's a sequel like DOOM3?
Story will problably be DOOM1, DOOM2, DOOM3 and DOOM 2016.

I thought about this, like maybe 2016 is the story that DOOM 3 referenced at the dig site, with the sarcophagus, etc. But the legend presented in DOOM 3 is really all about the guy using the soul cube. So no, DOOM 2016 is not that story.

i havent beaten the game so i dont know all the details, but it seems like they have done a major flipflop where now a demon is the "good" guy and people are the "bad" guys.

originally uac were mostly ambitious bumbling people, who gave to the "bad" demons an opportunity to take over. but the player, a human, makes it right.

now it seems like the people at uac did all this intentionally, and the only way to stop them is for this certain ancient demon with a grudge to finish off the uac people, while the demons are just working essentially for the uac.

ive seen how reading into the game has gone over like a lead balloon with some, but i think this is a pretty significant change to the character of the game on a very foundational level.

i know we have been told repeatedly that the core of doom is speed, guns, and demons, but changing the motivation is also kindof a big deal in a psychological way that most people probably wont stop to notice.

rampancy said:

i havent beaten the game so i dont know all the details, but it seems like they have done a major flipflop where now a demon is the "good" guy and people are the "bad" guys.

originally uac were mostly ambitious bumbling people, who gave to the "bad" demons an opportunity to take over. but the player, a human, makes it right.

now it seems like the people at uac did all this intentionally, and the only way to stop them is for this certain ancient demon with a grudge to finish off the uac people, while the demons are just working essentially for the uac.

ive seen how reading into the game has gone over like a lead balloon with some, but i think this is a pretty significant change to the character of the game on a very foundational level.

i know we have been told repeatedly that the core of doom is speed, guns, and demons, but changing the motivation is also kindof a big deal in a psychological way that most people probably wont stop to notice.

That's kind of dumb. Demons working for the UAC? They tricked and controlled Olivia pierce to help them take over the living dimension with promises of utopia, she was literaly sending people namely the uac staff to be killed and thier souls harvested. It was olivia who started the invasion by letting them in, not the UAC. The UAC and the dmons are both the bad guys. UAC= questionable morality and ethics and the demons are self explanatory. And Samuel? An obsessed jerk who pulled a whole andrew ryan with doomguy. If you dont know who andrew ryan is, google it.

rampancy said:

Excuse me, but it seems like you not only haven't finished the game, but basically not even finished mission 3. There is no other way to come to that conclusion...

Spoiler

The UAC is interested in Hell because they found a way to extract energy from hell. This basically solved every energy crisis mankind ever faced. To get there, they had to send many expeditions to hell, which basically all have been slaughtered by the demons.

While building the technology to harvest the hell energy, the UAC started to form a cult regarding hell and the demons, to mindwash people that it is "for the greater good" to go into hell and beeing ripped apart by demons, so they can expand their knowledge of how to use hell energy even more, and also studying captured Demons and the strange technology they have.

Then, the expeditions found something which hell didn't want to be found, namely the Doomguy. They brought it back to Mars.

Hell started to whisper to Olivia Pierce, offering her - the leader of the cult - great powers if she finds a way that that tomb never gets opened. In the meantime, hell started to harvest vast amounts of hell energy to form an attack on earth (this part was in the alpha files, I haven't seen it in the final game files).

Olivia sees no other way than sacrificing all of UAC by releasing the demons, and releasing a huge hell energy wave over the UAC base, to turn most of the staff into demons/unwillings, so even if the tomb is opened, the Doomslayer cannot reach her/hell, while she tries to fullfill her duties towards hell to be promoted to demon status.

Samuel Hayden - head of UAC - sees no other way as to unseal the tomb, and unleash Doomslayer, knowing that he might kill not only the deamons, but also shut down the whole hell energy production, which he does.

As soon as Samuel Hayden realizes what hell/Olivia is trying to keep from the UAC/you - the crucible - he changes plans. He knows what the crucible is, and knows that the Doomslayer is the only way of him getting it. He installs the tethering stuff into you, and sends you to hell to get the crucible, so you can destroy the hell energy source (the power drawn from the once-powerfull Wraiths) which is planned to attack earth - the well.

You travel to hell, destroy the well, and finally confront Olivia Pierce - who was mislead all along. You kill her, and Samuel Hayden plays the Ace he had up his sleve...he pulls the tether, takes the crucible from you - a powerfull artifact - and puts you back into stasis, while he begins to reinstitute hell energy production. The crucible should give him enough power to re-enter hell and basically get the business starting again.

In all of this, at no point do the demons "work" for the UAC. The UAC is stealing their ressources, but they don't retaliate early, because a) they have Olivia Pierce as a "kill-switch" for the Doomslayer and b) are preparing an attack on earth via the well and the hell portal that Olivia knows how to open.

So:
- Demons are demons and kill everything
- UAC is an evil corporation that does everything for money and power
- Doomguy is the one who fights both the UAC for experimenting with hell stuff and of course the demons, because that's his job

HellVain said:

That's kind of dumb. Demons working for the UAC? They tricked and controlled Olivia pierce to help them take over the living dimension with promises of utopia, she was literaly sending people namely the uac staff to be killed and thier souls harvested. It was olivia who started the invasion by letting them in, not the UAC. The UAC and the dmons are both the bad guys. UAC= questionable morality and ethics and the demons are self explanatory. And Samuel? An obsessed jerk who pulled a whole andrew ryan with doomguy. If you dont know who andrew ryan is, google it.

Would you kindly not spoil Bioshock?

*just kidding :)

Has anyone figured out what all the Japanese characters plastered about the UAC facility is all about?

HellVain said:

i think it is kinda dumb to suggest that someone would be trying to create utopia by sacrificing people to demons. a person like that would clearly use their monopoly over energy in whatever form to control wealth and power not solve the worlds energy crisis. olivia was basically running the facility. samuel, from the looks of things, just uses the doomslayer to get rid of olivia so he can do the same thing himself. and the demons were basically not doing anything to anyone until the uac started using their demon energy for power, etc. and then creating various cyber demons clearly to work for the uac in some capacity. if anything the demons got uppity and samuel uses the doomslayer to maintain control.

maybe there is something i missed.

So who is Doomguy?

a) The ancient Doomslayer who was kept in something like suspended animation in hell and was brought to Mars so he could be "reactivated" by the UAC;

b) the buried body of Doomslayer who was revived by the UAC with the help of Argent energy;

c) a regular human marine who was placed into the ancient tomb as a test subject and possessed by the spirit of Doomslayer.

rampancy said:

i think it is kinda dumb to suggest that someone would be trying to create utopia by sacrificing people to demons. a person like that would clearly use their monopoly over energy in whatever form to control wealth and power not solve the worlds energy crisis. olivia was basically running the facility. samuel, from the looks of things, just uses the doomslayer to get rid of olivia so he can do the same thing himself. and the demons were basically not doing anything to anyone until the uac started using their demon energy for power, etc. and then creating various cyber demons clearly to work for the uac in some capacity. if anything the demons got uppity and samuel uses the doomslayer to maintain control.

maybe there is something i missed.

You dont know anything about dark cults dont you? THe deal is usually the souls are payment for whatever it is youre wishing for. The demons have always been desiring earth, they just haven't had any successes to wntering the mortal world freely until the UAC stumbled upon them by an accident. That was Samuel. He and the early UAC personel stumbled upon hell whilst testing teleportation tech, He kept things in check and didnt give in to temptation but rather continue with his research and experiments on the demons and hell. Oliva however was the new leader and she was weak. She easily gave in to the demons and thats when shit happened.

HellVain said:

From what I've seen from the Intro level, It gave me an idea that Doomguy is in fact not just a killing machine, He's still cares about humanity. When Samuel said "we went to their world for the betterment of humanity" he looks at the dead body and that's what ticked him off the most. He's more of an anti-hero along the lines of the punisher, which is perfect.

Yeah, no kidding. From the looks of It, Doomguy still Is human, and It looks like Samuel Is looking to be helpful considering what I've seen so far. Then again, I'm expecting him to be two-faced and fight you at some point.

But yup, I'm glad Doomguy Is still human. I'm still considering that this Is a continuation of DOOM 64, besides, they've literally put everything we loved about all the games.

Spoiler

What if the artifact being Doomslayer's "Sword" is actually one of the keys for the Unmaker? A weapon so powerful that it could wipe out Humanity or Hell for good?

XLightningStormL said:

Spoiler

What if the artifact being Doomslayer's "Sword" is actually one of the keys for the Unmaker? A weapon so powerful that it could wipe out Humanity or Hell for good?

THe unmaker only unmakes demon entities, humans are safe.

I'd love if this game was connected to doom3.

If it's connected to doom 64, didn't the demons destroy earth in that one? I get the reference to doom guy staying in hell, but I don't know if it fits.

Stallion12 said:

I'd love if this game was connected to doom3.

If it's connected to doom 64, didn't the demons destroy earth in that one? I get the reference to doom guy staying in hell, but I don't know if it fits.

The demons ATTEMPTED to destroy Earth already In DOOM II, you got your games mixed up.

I beat the game and read the codex entries, and I really think this is a reboot, but a reboot that includes nods to the past games in its backstory.
It would only work as a sequel if the universe resets with each age, but even then Argent D'nur's story doesn't really line up with Doom 1's. If anything, it resembles Doom 2, but even then the Doom Slayer was unable to save his homeworld, unlike the original Doomguy. Heck, Doomslayer didn't even get all his crazy one-man-army abilities until after that.

It's a reboot, but one with a lot of love and respect for its predecessors.

Been wondering.... Is Doomslayer and Hellwalker are two different people? Or Doomslayer and Hellwalker is Doomguy himself? cause that Demon voice thing is mentioning Doomslayer and Hellwalker as if they are two different dudes, it makes me wondering that we have two Doomguys!

It's mentioned in the codex that the Doomslayer received his speed and power from a seraph. Now, the seraph is a class of angels in the form of seven-winged serpents made of flame, but take note that Lucifer originally belonged to this class before the fall.

So this is interesting. It seems that if this is indeed an actual seraph and not just an entity's given title, that angels or angel-esq beings do exist in this universe, and that possibly so does an actual Satan, which is new for the series considering its always avoided having those. The thing is, if this particular seraph is indeed Satan and not a normal angel (doubt something like that would just be in hell like that), why did it help the Doomslayer fight the demons?

The game said "seraphim," which I believe is the plural form, so I don't think it's the devil giving Doomguy his abilities.

Also, Doom 3 had biblical references. "The devil is real. I know, I built his cage" at the beginning. There's also a remark about the demons wanting another shot at Earth, having lost the fight for it before, which I figured was a reference to the War in Heaven.
Speaking of Heaven, I think that's where the Marine wakes up in Resurrection of Evil, given the bright light and "welcome home" from Dr. McNeil, who's dead at that point.

I hate to be that guy but the timeline aint what you might think. The timeline is actually Doom 3, Doom RPG, Doom 1, Doom 2 then DOOM (2016). The Doomslayer is in fact the Doom marine (aka B.J. Blazkowicz III) from Doom 3. I know many will call this B.S. but this is what my research has come up with.

That's not possible, as the Codex describes Doomguy as the sole surviving member of the Night Sentinels, who lived in the realm of Argent D'nur before the demons destroyed it. The suit isn't even his, it was given to him by "he who shall not be named," having forged it in the fires of hell.